Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
113.jpeg

'nough said

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

blackribbon

Not a newbie
Dec 18, 2011
✟190,401.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
113.jpeg

'nough said

Not true...they just have a different language for their colors.... ask them the specific shade of that classic muscle car or their favorite fishing lure and you are likely to hear things like "candy apple red" or "chartreuse".... don't even try to call them "red" or "yellow"....

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SarahsKnight

Jesus Christ is this Knight's truth.
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2014
Magnolia, AR
✟994,047.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
What are young women made of?
Ribbons and laces, and sweet pretty faces,

Hey, sounds good to me.:p

This isn't a specific anecdote I have heard but it is a humorous example of how each gender can look upon the other. About two years ago I had the misfortune to perform a certain kick in martial arts class in such an awkward way as to begin experiencing chronic back pain. I eventually decided I needed to see a chiropractor and chose a lady doctor named Hamon to help me correct this issue, as for some reason despite my general shyness I have always been more comfortable seeing female doctors whenever I felt it necessary to check out a potential health problem. Dr. Hamon turned out to be about my age so this is probably why she felt comfortable making this joke when I explained how I think my problem with back pain got started. When I said that, after feeling that first stab of pain in class, i chose to tough it out and stay for the remainder of class instead of going home immediately to nurse the issue, because at the time I figured it was nothing to be concerned about, Dr. Hamon gave an exaggerated sigh of aggravation and goes, "Oh, you men. Always having to prove yourselves to be so tough all the time. How you have survived as a species so far is a mystery to me." I laughed along with her. To an extent, she was right, and i had no problem making light of this gender stereotype along with her. :)

Reactions: James of Arc
Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,412.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
This is a fun thread, so don't take it too seriously..

What do you think are some common psychological differences between men and women?

Any humorous anecdotes about the genders?

Common psychological differences...

I think, generally speaking, men tend to be more direct and let go of things easier. It's not overly masculine to be bothered by things...so we tend to act like we aren't.

As for directness...

This is something that my wife and many others have done in my life...and it's annoying as anything.

If I were to ask my wife what she'd like to eat on almost any given day, she'll say, "I'll eat anything...what do you want?"

She won't eat anything though, in fact, she's got a very narrow range of possibilities in her mind and what she really wants me to do is correctly guess which one she wants and pick that as my choice. I don't know if this is because she thinks I'll be fooled into thinking she's genuinely interested in what I'd like or if she doesn't want to be the one to choose what we eat if it turns out badly.

Either way, I avoid this game by selecting things that I purposely know she won't want until she chooses something she does want.

And the dance continues...

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,412.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Not true...they just have a different language for their colors.... ask them the specific shade of that classic muscle car or their favorite fishing lure and you are likely to hear things like "candy apple red" or "chartreuse".... don't even try to call them "red" or "yellow"....

Lol I don't think I've ever said the word "chartreuse" in my life.

Upvote 0

blackribbon

Not a newbie
Dec 18, 2011
✟190,401.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Lol I don't think I've ever said the word "chartreuse" in my life.
Then you aren't a fisherman...I learned that color from my husband. It was one of his favorites. I had always thought it was a shade of pink ... He also liked "sour grape" (not a shade of purple) and "pumpkin seed".

Upvote 0