Kolbu
✟21,186.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
You can call it DNA, it`s sort of an ore, that have an intelligence. It first made plants, then animals. Then humans. Have you ever wondered, how you don`t feel alone? Like, someone`s listening to you? Even without a god? Well, call it DNA, if you want to, but the soul in every being, isn`t from DNA. It`s known for a while now, that souls are transfered, in a different way, from being to being. This ore, is older than plants itself, it`s the beginning of life. It doesn`t exactly think, but it feels, it adapts. It`s everywhere, in nature. So in my opinion, there`s no god, but an intelligence in nature. It`s also known, that, if you feel alot of pain, for example, your genes changes. It`s this ore, DNA. Can you talk to this ore, if you have wishes? Well, if you genuinly feel something, about something, perhaps it changes, like a change in nature, What do you think, is there a god, or an ore?

Dan2255

Nov 1, 2023
Toledo
✟11,043.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You can call it DNA, it`s sort of an ore, that have an intelligence. It first made plants, then animals. Then humans. Have you ever wondered, how you don`t feel alone? Like, someone`s listening to you? Even without a god? Well, call it DNA, if you want to, but the soul in every being, isn`t from DNA. It`s known for a while now, that souls are transfered, in a different way, from being to being. This ore, is older than plants itself, it`s the beginning of life. It doesn`t exactly think, but it feels, it adapts. It`s everywhere, in nature. So in my opinion, there`s no god, but an intelligence in nature. It`s also known, that, if you feel alot of pain, for example, your genes changes. It`s this ore, DNA. Can you talk to this ore, if you have wishes? Well, if you genuinly feel something, about something, perhaps it changes, like a change in nature, What do you think, is there a god, or an ore?
A fool says there is no God. If you truly believe this then you’re here to cause division.

Upvote 0

Akita Suggagaki

Jul 20, 2018
Midwest
✟283,521.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Is this "ore" strictly physical?

Upvote 0

HTacianas

Jul 9, 2018
Florida
✟325,351.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single

Actually we're not that far apart. You've described the Christian belief in the nature of God. You use two terms, one being "ore" and the other "DNA". And you speak of them as two separate things, but then use them interchangeably as if they are the same. The ore you describe is what we call God the Father. The DNA is what we call the Word of God. God the Father is the Creator, and the Word of God is His divine creative and sustaining power. The writer to the Colossians spoke of the Word, "He is before all things, and in Him all things consist", Col 1:17. That's the commonality you describe that exists in all things.

Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟722,379.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
DNA is what carries genetic information (for physical formation) .... it does not contain consciousness (thinking)

DNA, or deoxyribonucleic acid, is the hereditary material in humans and almost all other organisms.

We do require a physical brain to think ... but thoughts are not physical.

For something to be considered as matter, it must have mass and occupy space. Thoughts do not have mass nor do they occupy any space, which is why they are not considered as matter.

The word soul is related to the spiritual ... it is not material, science requires the material.

Soul defined (cambridge dictionary)
the spiritual or immaterial part of a human being or animal,

The word "soul" is not a scientific definition nor can it be because it is not material...no scientific theory can truly explain consciousness..

By using the word "ore" you are relating to the physical

ore
/ôr/
noun

1. a naturally occurring solid material from which a metal or valuable mineral can be profitably extracted.
    "a good deposit of lead-bearing ores"
By using the word soul ... you are acknowledging there is a spiritual realm ... something outside of the material.

Upvote 0

Tjufsen

Feb 25, 2023
Kolbu
✟21,186.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
DNA is what carries genetic information (for physical formation) .... it does not contain consciousness (thinking)

DNA, or deoxyribonucleic acid, is the hereditary material in humans and almost all other organisms.

We do require a physical brain to think ... but thoughts are not physical.

For something to be considered as matter, it must have mass and occupy space. Thoughts do not have mass nor do they occupy any space, which is why they are not considered as matter.

The word soul is related to the spiritual ... it is not material, science requires the material.

Soul defined (cambridge dictionary)
the spiritual or immaterial part of a human being or animal,

The word "soul" is not a scientific definition nor can it be because it is not material...no scientific theory can truly explain consciousness..

By using the word "ore" you are relating to the physical

ore
/ôr/
noun

1. a naturally occurring solid material from which a metal or valuable mineral can be profitably extracted.
    "a good deposit of lead-bearing ores"
By using the word soul ... you are acknowledging there is a spiritual realm ... something outside of the material.

That`s not completly true, according to modern science. They say, that DNA has the ability to take decicions

Upvote 0

Tjufsen

Feb 25, 2023
Kolbu
✟21,186.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Where did the ore come from?

It started with a will, and evolved to adapt to the enviroment. The universe is very pro life, it`s energy pushes, so everywhere there`s warm water, and a stable enviroment, this will starts to evolve.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

2PhiloVoid

Of course, it's all ...about the Son!
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,134,740.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Were this a forum for assessing the merits of a "non-biblical," non-Christian approach to the human psychological sense of the Divine, I'd point you to the book, Evolving God by anthropologist (and atheist), Barbara J. King.

But since this is a Christian forum for exploring Christianity, I think I'll just say, "no, I don't believe in the great ORE." But we can consider the findings of neuro-science all day if we want to.

Upvote 0

sandman

Aug 17, 2003
MI
✟122,067.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Constitution
It started with a will, and evolved to adapt to the enviroment. The universe is very pro life, it`s energy pushes, so everywhere there`s warm water, and a stable enviroment, this will starts to evolve.
“Will” indicates some sort of intelligence … how did that come about?
You can probably keep walking that backwards …. But at some point there had to be some sort of intelligence to start with.
Have you considered …..In the beginning ĕlōhîm

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,862.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
You can call it DNA, it`s sort of an ore, that have an intelligence. It first made plants, then animals. Then humans
The idea that "ore" will turn a bacteria into a rabbit given enough time - is a fiction not at all supported by any science observation known to mankind.
The idea that "ore" will turn dust into a rabbit or even into a bacteria - is also fiction not at all supported by any science observation known to mankind. IT is not logical.

But the idea that an infinitely wise, powerful and capable being could come up with a rabbit instantly has a lot more science evidence where intelligent beings are in fact known to "create".

Suppose an engineering student came to us about a very difficult problem in calculus -- and they could either go to the top Math advisor for help or they could get some "ore" from the top of a volcano -- which one do you think we should recommend??

The Math advisor cannot turn dirt into DNA nor can they turn dirt into a bacteria nor can they create a human brain or cause bacteria to turn into a rabbit... Your "intelligent ore" would win that one - if it were real.

=================================================

I asked the group - "can you tell me any one thing that you know for a fact is true - about evolution?"
"There was silence for a long time and finally someone spoke up and said - 'I know one thing that is true about it - it should not be taught in High School".

Last edited:
Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟722,379.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
That`s not completly true, according to modern science. They say, that DNA has the ability to take decicions
DNA is part of a physical makeup .... thoughts are not physical. DNA does not have thoughts. DNA is in every cell of our body ... cells don't have thoughts.

DNA, or deoxyribonucleic acid, is a molecule found inside every cell in almost every living thing. It helps cells make proteins, which they need to survive, and it facilitates reproduction. Molecules don't have thoughts.

Upvote 0

Richard T

Mar 25, 2018
traveling Asia
✟69,791.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
There is no ore, and here is why. Why would the ore favor and also persecute Israel the most throughout history? Why would the ore fulfill so many bible prophecies? How do you account for the demonic realm with your beliefs? Yes, there are real people driven by evil to do all kinds of terrible things. I could go on and on with evidence that points to God not an ore. I imagine you are a good person etc. but have you given serious or a challenge to God to be fair in potential beliefs? I did that myself, figuring God was just dead and certain controlling people made up the rules in the bible as a means of control. Those beliefs were thrown out fo the window though when I encountered the real and powerful Jesus. Yes, in some ways it seems archaic, old fashioned etc. and even after resisting as a Christian, the bible's path for life has shown itself to be true in my experience. Sure, I am just one person but I've seen and experienced some amazing things. I just hope you are a seeker, that you give God the challenge to show Himself to you personally, that you examine things just in case your theory is wrong.

I can say that I am glad you shared, God bless you!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Reasonably Sane

With age comes wisdom, when it doesn't come alone.
Oct 27, 2023
Kentucky
✟26,872.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Well, ALL science was "modern" science, when it was the latest science. And it is often wrong. ;)

Upvote 0