There`s no quick fix to feeling good (not even Jesus)

Tjufsen

Feb 25, 2023
Kolbu
✟21,186.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
You know, Jesus got, not exactly violent, in the end and started whipping people in this temple, but he wanted everyone to feel good. And like today, the gouvement is still ruining people, even though romans were a little better at making people feel good and be entertained. So what is the fix? Wait for science to find a way in your brain to make you feel good, even though all stimuli get`s old? Even with medication? I have a different take on it, which is way ahead of it`s time, but the gouverment may not like it. I painted for five hours in the rain last year, and hung up lanterns, so we can sit together and eat and laugh, I`ve added a picture to this thread. Yes, there`s no quick fix, even waiting for Jesus takes thousand years of pain and despair, which you`re gonna rewarded for in heaven, of course. I`ve added a picture of the out-area I fixed. So, what do you think, is it better to sit together and enjoy eachothers, or wait for Jesus?

125293x8b83e.jpg

Lukaris

Orthodox Christian
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2007
Pennsylvania, USA
✟755,382.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
It is ok to be solitary but what the Lord says in Luke 14:25-27 is clarified as a commitment for discipleship. This is actually not to hate anyone but that the Lord becomes an individual’s entire focus. This is either for a life of evangelism and going out into the world or (in the solitary sense) like being a monk. 2 very different ways of living yet compatible to full discipleship.

Perhaps martyrdom should also be included here which hopefully no one should have to face but Christians do everyday in parts of this world.

As individuals the Lord extends latitude for living by faith ( Romans 1:17). There are the Lord’s commandments to observe in living life and St. Paul makes the distinction between the mistaken requirement based on circumcision vs living by faith in Galatians 5:1-14. Indeed, Galatians 5:14 is a shorthand of Romans 13:8-10 which is comparable to Matthew 19:16-19. The commandments are the sensible way to live life for the overwhelming majority of us as in working for a living, raising family, practicing charity ( Matthew 6:1-4) etc.

Upvote 0