tiglathpileser

Jan 8, 2016
Australia
✟9,031.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I doubt if there is any time that we would like to go back to as man has made a complete foul up of running this planet. At some time or another there is always someone suffering at the hands of another.

A classic example is the two world wars which strangely enough was the province of white men. No black men were the subject of brutality directly. Of course to a lot of people that does not matter as white men are expendable items who have had it too good for too long.

We could go back to the time when Rome conquered the known world who were as barbaric as they come. If you were a christian black or white, look out. You were fodder for the lions. And whatever you do, don't light fires.

Or we can talk about the Islamic war where people were slaughtered willy nilly if you didn't bow allegiance to Allah.

Then there was the civil war in the USA. The Vietnam War. The Bolshevik War that Lenin and Stalin managed to prolong for almost a 100 years. Not to mention Mao ZeDong's war against his own people.

And apparently there are 14 wars taking place currently. All evidence of man's inhumanity to man.

It is not too much of stretch to say that mankind has made a total mess of governing this earth. And if the Bible is to be believed and it is , things are going to get worse as there is going to one last almighty war between two world rulers who are not content with half the world. They want all of it.

As this war plays itself out, Christ comes again and deals with both of them and sets up his own kingdom on earth that will last a thousand years and it will be devoid of war full stop. What is not to like. Only a fool would choose a war ridden planet over one where war is obliterated.

I guess there are some people who would rather be in control and make a mess of it than let someone else take over and make a success of it. Commonly known as pride, which always goes before a fall (or is that fool?)

Revelation 22:1 The angel showed me a river that was crystal clear, and its waters gave life. The river came from the throne where God and the Lamb were seated. Then it flowed down the middle of the city's main street. On each side of the river are trees that grow a different kind of fruit each month of the year. The fruit gives life, and the leaves are used as medicine to heal the nations. God's curse will no longer be on the people of that city. He and the Lamb will be seated there on their thrones, and its people will worship God and will see him face to face. God's name will be written on the foreheads of the people. Never again will night appear, and no one who lives there will ever need a lamp or the sun. The Lord God will be their light, and they will rule forever.

Upvote 0

lasthero

Jul 30, 2013
✟229,457.00
Faith
Seeker
I doubt if there is any time that we would like to go back to as man has made a complete foul up of running this planet. At some time or another there is always someone suffering at the hands of another.

So, are you going back on you claim that things are worse now than before?

Upvote 0

dad

Undefeated!
Site Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Nope.....

Because some posters have been noted over a long period of time for being unwilling to rationally discuss Scripture you are blocked from being able to discuss God's word. While there may be places to vent contempt for Scripture and blashemy eyc..this is not one of those places. Thank you. Happy repenting...

Upvote 0

tiglathpileser

Jan 8, 2016
Australia
✟9,031.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Atheists like to think they are helping people understand the world better. Anyway that is what one of them said here.

What puzzles me is how they intend to do this when all they do is carp, are totally negative, morose, depressing, gloomy, moody, pessimistic and sullen. I have yet to see one post from them that is positive.

My world is full of positive, happy people who are always looking for the best in people and prefer to compliment you rather than make negative remarks all the time. If you are down, they will help see you through to the other side.

I do feel that they would do themselves a favour and go into therapy to find out why they have such a gloomy view of life and why they seem to have this idea that they have been given a mission to put everyone right who is not an atheist.

The bible makes it very clear that man is made up of three parts. Body, soul and spirit. The body is very much in our hands as we can use it for good or abuse it. Our soul is subject to all the whiles of the devil and we are tossed to and fro if we are not anchored in Jesus. Our Spirit is the part where God inhabits to lead us into life everlasting. That is of course if we let him. If we don't we have to struggle to make sense of everything under our own steam. As the world has got more complicated, the demands on us are ever increasing and a lot of the time we can't cope that is why depression is at its highest level and suicide has crept up and up as a sign that people are not coping.

For the believer we have the rock* on which to build our lives and the end result is that we are not tossed to and fro by a devil that could not care less about your wellbeing. All you are good for is to be a tool for him to use for his own purposes and if you suffer as a result so be it.

Jesus said he had come to give abundant life.** If that is the case, it means that life abundant is not there prior to being a son of God. Some people judge sin to be abundant life but as the scriptures says "there is pleasure in sin for a season and then the judgment." In other words it will always come back to bite you.

For me, all that atheist is doing is showing me what pride is that goes before a fall (fool). That of course does not surprise me as the scripture makes it very clear that satan has blinded their eyes to the truth.***

*Luke 6:48 He is like a man which built an house, and digged deep, and laid the foundation on a rock: and when the flood arose, the stream beat vehemently upon that house, and could not shake it: for it was founded upon a rock.

**John 10:10 The thief does not come except that he may steal, and kill, and destroy. I came that they may have life and may have it abundantly.

***John 12:40 "He has blinded their eyes" and "has hardened their heart," "that they might not see with the eyes" and "understand with the heart," "and be converted," "and I should heal them." Isa. 6:10

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Because some posters have been noted over a long period of time for being unwilling to rationally discuss Scripture you are blocked from being able to discuss God's word. While there may be places to vent contempt for Scripture and blashemy eyc..this is not one of those places. Thank you. Happy repenting...
Yes, we know that those are your flaws dad, but we forgive you anyway.

And by the way thanks for admitting that you are wrong again.

Upvote 0

HitchSlap

PROUDLY PRIMATE
Aug 6, 2012
✟281,096.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Atheists like to think they are helping people understand the world better. Anyway that is what one of them said here.

What puzzles me is how they intend to do this when all they do is carp, are totally negative, morose, depressing, gloomy, moody, pessimistic and sullen. I have yet to see one post from them that is positive.

My world is full of positive, happy people who are always looking for the best in people and prefer to compliment you rather than make negative remarks all the time. If you are down, they will help see you through to the other side.

I do feel that they would do themselves a favour and go into therapy to find out why they have such a gloomy view of life and why they seem to have this idea that they have been given a mission to put everyone right who is not an atheist.

The bible makes it very clear that man is made up of three parts. Body, soul and spirit. The body is very much in our hands as we can use it for good or abuse it. Our soul is subject to all the whiles of the devil and we are tossed to and fro if we are not anchored in Jesus. Our Spirit is the part where God inhabits to lead us into life everlasting. That is of course if we let him. If we don't we have to struggle to make sense of everything under our own steam. As the world has got more complicated, the demands on us are ever increasing and a lot of the time we can't cope that is why depression is at its highest level and suicide has crept up and up as a sign that people are not coping.

For the believer we have the rock* on which to build our lives and the end result is that we are not tossed to and fro by a devil that could not care less about your wellbeing. All you are good for is to be a tool for him to use for his own purposes and if you suffer as a result so be it.

Jesus said he had come to give abundant life.** If that is the case, it means that life abundant is not there prior to being a son of God. Some people judge sin to be abundant life but as the scriptures says "there is pleasure in sin for a season and then the judgment." In other words it will always come back to bite you.

For me, all that atheist is doing is showing me what pride is that goes before a fall (fool). That of course does not surprise me as the scripture makes it very clear that satan has blinded thier eyes to the truth.***

*Luke 6:48 He is like a man which built an house, and digged deep, and laid the foundation on a rock: and when the flood arose, the stream beat vehemently upon that house, and could not shake it: for it was founded upon a rock.

**John 10:10 The thief does not come except that he may steal, and kill, and destroy. I came that they may have life and may have it abundantly.

***John 12:40 "He has blinded their eyes" and "has hardened their heart," "that they might not see with the eyes" and "understand with the heart," "and be converted," "and I should heal them." Isa. 6:10
Cool story bro.

Reactions: Laury
Upvote 0

tiglathpileser

Jan 8, 2016
Australia
✟9,031.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hi Dad,

Don't ya just laugh at the supercilious and superior comments we get from atheists here. I have no idea how those sort of things help us understand the world better as one atheist claimed that is what he was here for.

You are probably like me and thanking God that you are not an atheist. Just imagine being an atheists and saying over and over again that God does not exist and when they appear before the judgment seat of Christ and the atheist says "Who are you?" And Jesus replies "Your worst nightmare."

I was going to say I will be rolling in the aisle when that happens but perhaps not as I will in all probability be already enjoying the spoils of the eternal kingdom.

Have a good day and may your atheists be intelligent as a chop on a BBQ.

Upvote 0

HitchSlap

PROUDLY PRIMATE
Aug 6, 2012
✟281,096.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Hi Dad,

Don't ya just laugh at the supercilious and superior comments we get from atheists here. I have no idea how those sort of things help us understand the world better as one atheist claimed that is what he was here for.

You are probably like me and thanking God that you are not an atheist. Just imagine being an atheists and saying over and over again that God does not exist and when they appear before the judgment seat of Christ and the atheist says "Who are you?" And Jesus replies "Your worst nightmare."

I was going to say I will be rolling in the aisle when that happens but perhaps not as I will in all probability be already enjoying the spoils of the eternal kingdom.

Have a good day and may your atheists be intelligent as a chop on a BBQ.
Thank you, and you have a great day as well.

Upvote 0

tiglathpileser

Jan 8, 2016
Australia
✟9,031.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Cool story bro.

Glad you think so as I have got a lot more where that came from. Not so long ago I was in a meeting and a young man in his early 20s told us his life story. His Dad was a deadbeat and as a result the young man ended up being a petty criminal. And to boot every weekend his only aim was to get as drunk as a newt.

One weekend he was so drunk that on his way home he fell down in the gutter and there he lay unable to get up. He passed out and during his drunken stupor Jesus appeared to him and spoke to him. In that moment of time he committed his life to Christ and was eternally saved.

He came to stone sober and walked home. From that day he said he has not touched alcohol and his only passion now was telling others about the love of God and his story. As a result many have been born again and become part of the kingdom of God.

Now that is what I call a cool story.

Upvote 0

HitchSlap

PROUDLY PRIMATE
Aug 6, 2012
✟281,096.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Glad you think so as I have got a lot more where that came from. Not so long ago I was in a meeting and a young man in his early 20s told us his life story. His Dad was a deadbeat and as a result the young man ended up being a petty criminal. And to boot every weekend his only aim was to get as drunk as a newt.

One weekend he was so drunk that on his way home he fell down in the gutter and there he lay unable to get up. He passed out and during his drunken stupor Jesus appeared to him and spoke to him. In that moment of time he committed his life to Christ and was eternally saved.

He came to stone sober and walked home. From that day he said he has not touched alcohol and his only passion now was telling others about the love of God and his story. As a result many have been born again and become part of the kingdom of God.

Now that is what I call a cool story.
Sounds like you got that from a Chick tract.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

tiglathpileser

Jan 8, 2016
Australia
✟9,031.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Thank you, and you have a great day as well.

You're welcome and I am definitely going to have a great day because I am a son of God who loved me and gave himself for me on the cross of calvary so that I could be free from the power of sin. It gets better every day because all the riches of heaven are at my disposal. Only the other day I was told about a young man that had been punched in a brawl and he had gone down and banged his head on a concrete pavement and lost consciousness.

He was taken to hospital and the doctors said that he would be a vegetable for the rest of his life as they could do nothing for him.

God spoke to me and told me to go and pray for him. I went to the hospital and took two others with me and with the parents and doctors permission we prayed for his healing. A couple of weeks later he went home and sat up and was on the road to recovery.

Isn't God great!!

Upvote 0

HitchSlap

PROUDLY PRIMATE
Aug 6, 2012
✟281,096.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
You're welcome and I am definitely going to have a great day because I am a son of God who loved me and gave himself for me on the cross of calvary so that I could be free from the power of sin. It gets better every day because all the riches of heaven are at my disposal. Only the other day I was told about a young man that had been punched in a brawl and he had gone down and banged his head on a concrete pavement and lost consciousness.

He was taken to hospital and the doctors said that he would be a vegetable for the rest of his life as they could do nothing for him.

God spoke to me and told me to go and pray for him. I went to the hospital and took two others with me and with the parents and doctors permission we prayed for his healing. A couple of weeks later he went home and sat up and was on the road to recovery.

Isn't God great!!
Cool story bro. Maybe next you can hit the VA clinic and pray for all the amputees. How dare you not use your powers for good!

Upvote 0

tiglathpileser

Jan 8, 2016
Australia
✟9,031.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Cool story bro. Maybe next you can hit the VA clinic and pray for all the amputees. How dare you not use your powers for good!

I can't do that because I don't hit anyone or anything. Are you saying I wasn't using God's power for good when I prayed for the young man?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

tiglathpileser

Jan 8, 2016
Australia
✟9,031.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
You must be young.

Spiritually yes because I am renewed in the spirit every day.

2 Corinthians 4:16 Because of this, we do not faint, but if indeed our outward man is being decayed, yet the inward man is being renewed day by day.

When you are not born again you are controlled by the outward man. When you are born again you are controlled by the inward man that renews and invigorates.

Upvote 0

HitchSlap

PROUDLY PRIMATE
Aug 6, 2012
✟281,096.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I can't do that because I don't hit anyone or anything. Are you saying I wasn't using God's power for good when I prayed for the young man?
I'm saying that sometimes people with head injuries get well, and prayer hasn't once healed an amputee.

Upvote 0

HitchSlap

PROUDLY PRIMATE
Aug 6, 2012
✟281,096.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Spiritually yes because I am renewed in the spirit every day.

2 Corinthians 4:16 Because of this, we do not faint, but if indeed our outward man is being decayed, yet the inward man is being renewed day by day.

When you are not born again you are controlled by the outward man. When you are born again you are controlled by the inward man that renews and invigorates.
Ok.

Upvote 0

tiglathpileser

Jan 8, 2016
Australia
✟9,031.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I found this verse and thought that it was very relevant to the topic of "there is no creation debate."

Mark 13:19 for there will be affliction in those days, such as has not been the like from the beginning of creation which God created until now, and never will be.

Looks like we are going to be in for a rough time. Note that it says that these things are going to happen and and nothing since the beginning of creation which God created has seen anything like it.

That is cool. God created from the beginning of creation. What that tells us that without God there was no creation and I don't see any mention of the big bang or abiogenesis.

If the affliction isn't anything like we have seen before it is going to be humongous. What ISIS is doing will pale into significance. What Hitler did will pale into insignificance. What Mao ZeDong did will pale into insignificance. What Lenin did will pale into insignificance. What is happening in North Korea will pale into insignificance.

The other thing is that western civilisation i.e. USA, Europe, Britain, Australia etc. will not escape it.

A case of be ready or be dead.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.