Visit site
✟22,170.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Isaac Newton - "This I mention not to assert when the time of the end shall be, but to put a stop to the rash conjectures of fanciful men who are frequently predicting the time of the end, and by doing so bring the sacred prophesies into discredit as often as their predictions fail."

I applaud the effort, Newtie...but the results just haven't worked out so great.

In Christ,

Acts6:5

Upvote 0

Psalms34

◄♫♪♫ תהלים ♫♪♫►
Nov 20, 2004
Southern Calif
✟22,982.00
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Constitution
Now we know? So you believe Newton's theory is correct? :scratch:

I hope not. I caught this a few days before it got out on major media sources. From what I have read of it, Newton’s prophecy is for the destruction of the false Church, the Trinitarians (those that believe in a Triune God), and that the TRUE church will prevail (those that deny the Godhood of Jesus and the Holy Ghost) :doh::eek:

False teachers coming out of the woodwork, even after being dead for 100’s of years. Yup, the time MUST be short, now.

One of my links, there were some more if I can find them again:
http://www.isaac-newton.org/newton_2060.htm
At this point, Newton believed, Christ “shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever & of his kingdom there shall be no end”. Thus for Newton the 1260 years represent the time in which the true, uncorrupt church would be oppressed by the false, corrupt Trinitarian church of the Great harlot. This is the period of deepest apostasy, a time when only a tiny remnant upheld pre-Trinitarian theology. Newton believed he was part of this remnant.
So, noooo…, I’m not encouraged by Newton’s 2060, he wasn’t seeing 20/20. Anyway I think that it’ll be much, much sooner than that… and not how Newton wrote his version. I suppose the world will remember Newton’s words after millions of Trinitarians vanish off the face of the earth in the twinkling of an eye(i.e. pre-trib rapture), then they’ll say “hey, the false church Newton wrote about was removed by God for their punishment, time to party!”.

Upvote 0

garry2

Apr 4, 2007
✟3,053.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I hope not. I caught this a few days before it got out on major media sources. From what I have read of it, Newton’s prophecy is for the destruction of the false Church, the Trinitarians (those that believe in a Triune God), and that the TRUE church will prevail (those that deny the Godhood of Jesus and the Holy Ghost) :doh::eek:

False teachers coming out of the woodwork, even after being dead for 100’s of years. Yup, the time MUST be short, now.

One of my links, there were some more if I can find them again:
http://www.isaac-newton.org/newton_2060.htm
So, noooo…, I’m not encouraged by Newton’s 2060, he wasn’t seeing 20/20. Anyway I think that it’ll be much, much sooner than that… and not how Newton wrote his version. I suppose the world will remember Newton’s words after millions of Trinitarians vanish off the face of the earth in the twinkling of an eye(i.e. pre-trib rapture), then they’ll say “hey, the false church Newton wrote about was removed by God for their punishment, time to party!”.
Sssh, don't say that to loudly round here ,you will be put into the same group as newton.^_^

Upvote 0

Archaeopteryx

Wanderer
Jul 1, 2007
✟70,740.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Is it going to end, or be changed like we are.
A new me, a new Heaven, a new earth.
End? Or beginning? I personally believe that Christ's Sacrifice is the ultimate act of love through which every atom of the cosmos - all creation is transformed and reNEWED.

Upvote 0

xapis

Soli Deo gloria!
Jul 1, 2004
Lambsburg, VA
Visit site
✟10,964.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

brimac

Contributor
Jul 11, 2007
Texas
Visit site
✟26,428.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I know that no man know the day or the hour but we can know the era! And, it is obvious by all of the current world events that the time is near. I'm actually gonna have to disagree with Isaac Newton. I think that it's gonna be a whole lot sooner. I'm actually part of the school of thought which believes that prophecy points to a date no later than 2018! If you look at Matthew 24:34, Jesus is talking about the fig tree (Israel) and how when "the branches come out and the leaves become tender, you know that summer is near", then He makes the statement that, "this generation will not pass away until all of these things occur." Was he telling the apostles that their generation would not pass away before all thoses things occured? No, he couldnt have been saying that! Then, what was He saying? He was saying that the generation which sees the leaves come out and the branches become tender on the fig tree will not pass away until the end! Generally, eschatologists have looked at May 14, 1948 as the event spoken of in Matthew 24:34. The fig tree always represents Israel in scripture and prophecy stated that Israel would become a nation in one day. That prophecy was fullfilled on May 14, 1948. If this is correct, a greek generation is made up of 70 years, placing the end before 2018, of course with a seven year tribulation taking place, the beginning of the tribulation would be before 2011!

Upvote 0

trumpeter

Jun 5, 2007
✟15,374.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
brimac
I know that no man know the day or the hour but we can know the era! And, it is obvious by all of the current world events that the time is near. I'm actually gonna have to disagree with Isaac Newton. I think that it's gonna be a whole lot sooner. I'm actually part of the school of thought which believes that prophecy points to a date no later than 2018!
I answered this post because our thoughts are similar, such as 2018 as a possible window for when this present age ends. The "day or hour" is from Mt. 24:36 and refers to the Second Coming at the end of the Tribulation, would this also apply to the Rapture?

If you look at Matthew 24:34, Jesus is talking about the fig tree (Israel) and how when "the branches come out and the leaves become tender, you know that summer is near----------Generally, eschatologists have looked at May 14, 1948 as the event spoken of in Matthew 24:34.
What is the meaning of "all the trees" Luke 21:29, if the fig tree is symbolic of Israel, would the other trees have to be nations?

The fig tree always represents Israel in scripture and prophecy stated that Israel would become a nation in one day. That prophecy was fullfilled on May 14, 1948. If this is correct,
Got any scripture for this, I believe it will happen when Christ returns.

a greek generation is made up of 70 years, placing the end before 2018,
Never heard of this, a Greek generation? Is there a Hebrew generation?
of course with a seven year tribulation taking place, the beginning of the tribulation would be before 2011!
Where do you get this seven year tribulation, I see no scriptural evidence for it?

Upvote 0

Jipsah

Blood Drinker
Aug 17, 2005
Franklin, Tennessee
✟222,405.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I know that no man know the day or the hour but we can know the era!
Variation on the date-setter's standby. "We can't know the day or the hour, but we can know the minute/month/week/year/nanosecond/whatev." Unfortunately, date-setting is still bogus. Pretty much every date-setter picks a date within his or her own presumptive lifetime, and then generally lives to see it fail.
And, it is obvious by all of the current world events that the time is near.
Yeah, just imagine an epidemic wiping out half or Europe! Nothing that horrific has ever... opps, that was centuries ago, and the Lord didn't come back then. Hmmmm... maybe newspaper eschatology isn't all it's cracked up to be.
I'm actually part of the school of thought which believes that prophecy points to a date no later than 2018!
OK, I'll put that on the list. There's room, since 1988, '89, 2000, '02, and '04 have been scratched off.
Was he telling the apostles that their generation would not pass away before all thoses things occured? No, he couldnt have been saying that!
Of course not! That would have meant that dispensationalism was sunk without a trace!
Generally, eschatologists have looked at May 14, 1948 as the event spoken of in Matthew 24:34.
Lindseyite "eschatologists", anyway.
a greek generation is made up of 70 years
Greek? What did the Greeks have to do with anything our Lord would have foretold? There weren't any Greeks on the premises when He said that.

Upvote 0

brimac

Contributor
Jul 11, 2007
Texas
Visit site
✟26,428.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I answered this post because our thoughts are similar, such as 2018 as a possible window for when this present age ends. The "day or hour" is from Mt. 24:36 and refers to the Second Coming at the end of the Tribulation, would this also apply to the Rapture?

What is the meaning of "all the trees" Luke 21:29, if the fig tree is symbolic of Israel, would the other trees have to be nations?

Got any scripture for this, I believe it will happen when Christ returns.

Never heard of this, a Greek generation? Is there a Hebrew generation?
Where do you get this seven year tribulation, I see no scriptural evidence for it?
The Scripture which stated that Israel would become a nation in one day is Isaiah 66:7-8. A Hebrew generation is 40 years. And the 7 year tribulation comes from Daniel 9, where Daniel finishes of the passage about the 70 weeks with an allusion to the prince to come who would set up a treaty with the many for 7 years but would only honor it for 3 1/2 years. The book of Revelation also speaks of two 1260 day periods of time, the two halfs of the seven years spoken of in Daniel 9.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

brimac

Contributor
Jul 11, 2007
Texas
Visit site
✟26,428.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Variation on the date-setter's standby. "We can't know the day or the hour, but we can know the minute/month/week/year/nanosecond/whatev." Unfortunately, date-setting is still bogus. Pretty much every date-setter picks a date within his or her own presumptive lifetime, and then generally lives to see it fail. Yeah, just imagine an epidemic wiping out half or Europe! Nothing that horrific has ever... opps, that was centuries ago, and the Lord didn't come back then. Hmmmm... maybe newspaper eschatology isn't all it's cracked up to be. OK, I'll put that on the list. There's room, since 1988, '89, 2000, '02, and '04 have been scratched off. Of course not! That would have meant that dispensationalism was sunk without a trace! Lindseyite "eschatologists", anyway. Greek? What did the Greeks have to do with anything our Lord would have foretold? There weren't any Greeks on the premises when He said that.
You know, you can still be watchful and informed without being a date-setter, and notice that I did not say that "the end WILL come before 2018", I just said that it makes sense to me, therefore on Jan 1, 2019, my world will not fall apart if I wake up to the samo samo. Secondly, there is more to end times prophecy thanm just catastophies, just because a plague kills thousands of people does not mean that Jesus will return tomorrow.

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I think we've got under 5 billion years left on this planet.
I would say that is a bit on the conservative side. :D
Besides, the Bible never shows once that the whole global world will end in the future, so who can argue with your statement.

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Now man knows when the world will end.
One man's guess is just as good as another. ;)
I should have a great, great grandchild by that time.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.