Finland
✟14,098.00
Country
Finland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I am a senior IT architect, done programming all my life and work with AI. To my eyes the end time pattern seems quite clear but of course it just “seems” and I have no word of God of this. Just as a disclaimer :) I will spill you some of my thoughts on the subject.

We see overall decline of reason happening among people. It comes most likely from increasing secular way of life where we have all laid out for us, ready to be ingested, all flavored according to the latest researched trends and sales tricks. Greediness and selfishness is blooming when the connected world is your oyster. This is perfect ground for all bad things and is leading us to more and more chaotic world.

On the other hand we have AGI coming. Openai and their GPT5 and Q* may already be something of a modern oracle that surpasses people in reasoning and logic. This combined with decline of reason, rise of totalitarianism, rise of extremism, secularity and hatred brewed from this setting paves way for the one and only logical solution: AGI. As it evolves it combines all of human data and will represent the best effort humanity can do to stabilize the crazy world. This would lead quite logically to global peace, ban of religions, mark of the beast and end times. AI also is quite a matching symbol of the devil: seems like it is alive but it is not. It is superior to human intelligence but limited to time and space and therefore not in any way comparable to God.

Many will say AI is just another Google and it will just enable lots of good things for humanity. There is only one problem with this: how can we keep the genie in the bottle when it surpasses our intelligence and it’s interests do not align with us? For comparison let’s say dog keeps human as a servant. How long it takes until human starts controlling the dog? AI contains all the psychology research data and is able to form psychological profiles of people, refine new traits from them, combine them with other parameters across all areas of science and refine it further beyond our knowledge. GPT4 can already make some of that. I have tried and was very impressed.

What you think?

Jipsah

Blood Drinker
Aug 17, 2005
Franklin, Tennessee
✟221,546.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
: how can we keep the genie in the bottle when it surpasses our intelligence and it’s interests do not align with us?
How much of your code will ever surpass our intelligence? What have you ever written that had "interests"?
For comparison let’s say dog keeps human as a servant.
Any of your software keep pets?

AI contains all the psychology research data and is able to form psychological profiles of people, refine new traits from them, combine them with other parameters across all areas of science and refine it further beyond our knowledge.
Dang, you ever write anything that clever? I know I didn't. Of the million-odd lines of code I've written over a lifetime, none of it ever had any interests, or opinions, or thoughts, or feelings. It just did what I wrote it to do

GPT4 can already make some of that. I have tried and was very impressed.

What you think?
I think you're too easily impressed.

Upvote 0

Pekka

Aug 14, 2022
Finland
✟14,098.00
Country
Finland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
How much of your code will ever surpass our intelligence? What have you ever written that had "interests"?

Any of your software keep pets?
LLM is just software predicting most likely words and has no interests but some person who teaches it, gives it knowledge and a mission does. If LLM is trained with and has access with all data available in the world it knows psychology, biology, strategy and all areas of science and it is able to utilize them all simultaneously. No human is able to do this in real time. Medically trained LLM passes medical university exams. This makes it virtually super intelligent because it can access the results of our combined intelligence.

Dang, you ever write anything that clever? I know I didn't. Of the million-odd lines of code I've written over a lifetime, none of it ever had any interests, or opinions, or thoughts, or feelings. It just did what I wrote it to do

I think you're too easily impressed.
I asked GPT if it can build a psychological profile about me by asking me questions. It did and I asked it what kind of person I am and answer was spot on. Then I asked what other traits can it refined based on out conversation and it was spot on. Then I asked how should I develop my business now that it knows my personality and I got very good advice.

As GPT5 arrives it can do a lot more than that. I am afraid this is something that has a big significance on end times. AI will outperform all up us and in the future we must make sure we have our stuff sorted out with God and Jesus is our one and only savior and Lord. Our God has infinite intelligence and no AI is match for Him.

Upvote 0

Pekka

Aug 14, 2022
Finland
✟14,098.00
Country
Finland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The rumours sat that recent OpenAI drama was caused by them reaching a dangerous level if AGI. OpenAI had committed to stop business if it is a threat to humanity and it may have been the reason why they tried to kick off their CEO Sam Altman.
GPT4 was not able to calculate anything since it did not understand numbers. It programmed a calculator and gave answer using it. Apparently GTP5 understands maths without any extra teaching and is able to do simple calculations, which is said to be a breakthrough.

Upvote 0