Colorado
✟434,135.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Exactly. You do understand that Hamilton drafted the Constitution; no?
What counts is the constitution itself. There is un-ambiguously no prohibition against our current money system in the Const..

If there was some ambiguity, then it would help to look back at Fed Papers.

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,104,260.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
What counts is the constitution itself. There is un-ambiguously no prohibition against our current money system in the Const..

If there was some ambiguity, then it would help to look back at Fed Papers.
I see no ambiguity, especially in light of the statements made by those who actually took part in creating the Constitution.

Hamilton's remarks help to explain his intentions; for anyone who might be confused about our Founders' views on the evils of fiat currency.

Upvote 0

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟434,135.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I see no ambiguity, especially in light of the statements made by those who actually took part in creating the Constitution.
Ok, then show me the unambiguous text in the US Const that prohibits the fed govt - not the various states - from adopting our current money system.

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,104,260.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Ok, then show me the unambiguous text in the US Const that prohibits the fed govt - not the various states - from adopting our current money system.
Congress shall have power to coin money, regulate the value thereof, and of foreign coin, and fix the standard of weights and measures. ~ Art. I, sec. 8, cl. 5.

That's an upside down question.

Can you show me where in the Constitution, the People, and the States, ever grant Congress the authority to neglect their duties, and to allow a private bank to replace Constitutional money with fiat currency?

Amendment IX

The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people.

Amendment X

The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟144,602.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Congress shall have power to coin money, regulate the value thereof, and of foreign coin, and fix the standard of weights and measures. ~ Art. I, sec. 8, cl. 5.

That's an upside down question.

Can you show me where in the Constitution, the People, and the States, ever grant Congress the authority to neglect their duties, and to allow a private bank to replace Constitutional money with fiat currency?

Amendment IX

The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people.

Amendment X

The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.
But there has to be some sort of interface between the Federal Government and the private sector; if one owns a mining company the interface will be the Bureau of Mines, which reports to the cabinet level of Secretary of the Interior.
For banks, this interface is the Federal Reserve System, (which , as you’ve stated is a “private bank” unto itself).
Money is too important a commodity to let be run by politicians; modern banking is too complex for the likes of Louie Gohmert and Nancy Pelosi.
Economies require a “light touch”, something that Government is exceedingly bad at doing.

The Fed (for the most part) doesn’t play a part in the politics of the day, and only facilitates the (proper) functioning of the economy, (at a given time).
We could opt for tighter reins upon the Fed, if we wanted to inch closer to Communism and by having politicians set monetary policy.

Upvote 0

rockytopva

Love to pray! :)
Site Supporter
Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
✟1,068,744.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Bitcoin (₿) is a decentralized digital currency, without a central bank or single administrator, that can be sent from user to user on the peer-to-peer bitcoin network without the need for intermediaries. - Bitcoin - Wikipedia

I would imagine as a nations currency gets more inflated and unstable that the bitcoin will gain as the more popular form of currency. Instead of a credit card I would imagine transactions using some kind of identification on the hand or forehead....

16 And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:
17 And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.
18 Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six. - Revelation 13

I have noticed that credit card transactions have went from swipe to inserting a chip to tapping. I can imagine transactions via some kind of tatoo the next method of transaction. I can also imagine the Revelation 13 prophecy being fulfilled using electronic transactions. The QR Tattoo... Will this soon be required by all?

0_PAY-TESCO_CLUBCARD_TATTOO_DN04.jpg

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,104,260.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
But there has to be some sort of interface between the Federal Government and the private sector; if one owns a mining company the interface will be the Bureau of Mines, which reports to the cabinet level of Secretary of the Interior.
For banks, this interface is the Federal Reserve System, (which , as you’ve stated is a “private bank” unto itself).
Money is too important a commodity to let be run by politicians; modern banking is too complex for the likes of Louie Gohmert and Nancy Pelosi.
Economies require a “light touch”, something that Government is exceedingly bad at doing.

The Fed (for the most part) doesn’t play a part in the politics of the day, and only facilitates the (proper) functioning of the economy, (at a given time).
We could opt for tighter reins upon the Fed, if we wanted to inch closer to Communism and by having politicians set monetary policy.
Your whole argument is built on the fallacy that fiat currency is money.

Upvote 0

Occams Barber

Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2012
Northern NSW
✟993,452.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Divorced
Bitcoin (₿) is a decentralized digital currency, without a central bank or single administrator, that can be sent from user to user on the peer-to-peer bitcoin network without the need for intermediaries. - Bitcoin - Wikipedia

I would imagine as a nations currency gets more inflated and unstable that the bitcoin will gain as the more popular form of currency. Instead of a credit card I would imagine transactions using some kind of identification on the hand or forehead....

16 And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:
17 And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.
18 Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six. - Revelation 13

I have noticed that credit card transactions have went from swipe to inserting a chip to tapping. I can imagine transactions via some kind of tatoo the next method of transaction. I can also imagine the Revelation 13 prophecy being fulfilled using electronic transactions. The QR Tattoo... Will this soon be required by all?

0_PAY-TESCO_CLUBCARD_TATTOO_DN04.jpg

I want one of these, but it has to be able to start my car, open my front door, provide me with proof of ID, pay my grocery bill, access my medical records, send an email, answer the phone, control the robot, make my bed, do the washing, and buy fuel along with any other financial transaction.

I might have to wait a year or so....

OB

OB

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟144,602.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Your whole argument is built on the fallacy that fiat currency is money.
Money is not real.
Money is a tool that societies use to “keep track of things”.
There is no inherent value in species.
A week without food and a can of spam would be more valuable that a pound of gold.

• Agree
Reactions: Hans Blaster
Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,104,260.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private

Didn't you get the letter? I know someone who has 10s of thousands of dollars invested in Bitcoin. He's pulling it all out.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,104,260.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Money is not real.
Money is a tool that societies use to “keep track of things”.
There is no inherent value in species.
A week without food and a can of spam would be more valuable that a pound of gold.
Gold is real. Gold has been money for 5000 years. Its' value is in its' scarcity. It's a relative constant. Fixed quantities are essential to fair weights and measures.

I don't eat Spam. I do however eat canned foods. Canned foods are a commodity. I store that wealth as survival insurance in the event of an economic, or supply chain, collapse.

Gold is a valuable commodity for storing large amounts of wealth for after an economic collapse.

All of your assets, except those that can sustain your life, lose their value in the face of starvation.

Upvote 0

rockytopva

Love to pray! :)
Site Supporter
Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
✟1,068,744.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Gold is real. Gold has been money for 5000 years. Its' value is in its' scarcity. It's a relative constant. Fixed quantities are essential to fair weights and measures.

I don't eat Spam. I do however eat canned foods. Canned foods are a commodity. I store that wealth as survival insurance in the event of an economic, or supply chain, collapse.

Gold is a valuable commodity for storing large amounts of wealth for after an economic collapse.

All of your assets, except those that can sustain your life, lose their value in the face of starvation.
I invest in gold and natural resources stocks.

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,104,260.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
I invest in gold and natural resources stocks.
I hope that you have a backup plan of hard assets, in the event that the stock market crashes, along with the economy.

Do you realize that there is more stock being sold than there are assets to back it, just like the USD? What happens when it all comes crashing down; and the Government says that all debts are forgiven? Do you realize that the great reset is being seriously discussed?

I have been heavily investing in practical assets for sustaining myself. I just got done building a sorghum press two days ago. Now I can make my own syrup. Sugar is a valuable commodity in the event of an economic collapse.

Upvote 0

Bradskii

Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail?
Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟256,381.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Sugar is a valuable commodity in the event of an economic collapse.
'specially if you have a hundred pounds of yeast and some copper line.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,104,260.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
specially if you have a hundred pounds of yeast and some copper line.
Absolutely! Antiseptics have tremendous value in the event of an economic collapse. You don't need to store hundreds of pounds of yeast. It's in the air, everywhere.

I'll save my syrup for the table though. Colloidal silver and hypochlorous acid are far easier to make, and far more effective as antiseptics.

Upvote 0

Bradskii

Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail?
Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟256,381.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Absolutely! Antiseptics have tremendous value in the event of an economic collapse. You don't need to store hundreds of pounds of yeast. It's in the air, everywhere.

I'll save my syrup for the table though. Colloidal silver and hypochlorous acid are far easier to make, and far more effective as antiseptics.
I'm actually drinking my, ahem, antiseptic right now. With tonic, ice and a slice.

Reactions: Belk
Upvote 0

Occams Barber

Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2012
Northern NSW
✟993,452.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Divorced
I'm actually drinking my, ahem, antiseptic right now. With tonic, ice and a slice.

What a coincidence Mon vieux. I am also consuming a bottle of antiseptic with a piece of snapper and a salad.

Last week I visited my Docteur for le first ever checkup in 10 years. After 17 different blood tests and one particular test (which I will not discuss) le Medecin pronounced me perfect. At 75 I am apparently also certifiably Youthful, Intelligent and Good Looking but I do not wish to appear arrogant.

I put it down to the bottle of The Water of Eternal Life I consume, without fail, each evening.

Chardonay, Sauvignon Blanc, Pino Grigio, Shiraz, Merlot, Rose, CabSav - it doesn't matter. The Fountain of Youth comes in a screw top bottle at 'This Week's Discount Price'.

OB

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: Bradskii
Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟302,717.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private

That is the bitcoiner's fantasy. I see no reason to think it would be true. The big noise in "crypto" is all about speculative valuation in national currencies. Just some more hype from the tech hypemen and their "bros".

Upvote 0