The wedding at Cana: Wine or grape juice?

Regarding the miracle at Cana, did Jesus turn water into wine or grape juice?

• water into wine

• water into grape juice

• I don't know

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

prodromos

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 28, 2003
Sydney, Straya
✟1,182,901.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
6 people die every day in America due to alcohol poisoning. Another 28 people die as a result of drunk driving crashes. That is thousands of people dead each year because of a drug that people enjoy. Imagine the lives spared if people just said... no?
Imagine if they exercised some self control instead of abusing alcohol. After all, that is what the above results from, the abuse of alcohol.

Upvote 0

prodromos

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 28, 2003
Sydney, Straya
✟1,182,901.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
All in all, I'd say the thread has run its course.
Since Jason has taken to posting the exact same thing multiple times in this thread, in flagrant disregard of the rules, I'd say you were pretty much on the money.

Repetitive posting of similar or identical posts or threads is not allowed.​

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul.
Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,195,721.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
So you cannot repeat the same thing twice? Is that copying and pasting the same post twice? Or is that repeating the same words you said before but just using slightly different words? In either case, I was not aware of such a thing.

Anyways, new studies show that the long time standing advice that moderate drinking is benefitical is false and can actually cause problems health wise:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/a...Just-two-glasses-wine-day-cause-problems.html

I mean, think about it. If you pour alcohol into a glass that has a piece of fruit in it, what is going to happen to that piece of fruit? It is going to dry out that piece of fruit. What about a piece of meat? It is going to dry out that piece of meat. The thing is that the alcohol does not know the difference between being outside versus inside you. It will have the same drying out effect inside you which can lead to heart disease, cancer even with moderate use. It is also an addictive drug, too. So self control? It depends on how much one drinks all the time and how often. Like I said, it is an addictive drug for many (Whereby they have to join programs in order to stop). In various cases, some who accept Jesus have been freed of their addiction right away. For Jesus can change the heart and the spirit and make them a new person (Whereby they would not even want to crave such an addictive substance because Jesus satisfies their thirst).

John 4:14
"But whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life."

For the Kingdom of God is not meat or drink but joy in the Holy Ghost.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

prodromos

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 28, 2003
Sydney, Straya
✟1,182,901.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
So you cannot repeat the same thing twice? Is that copying and pasting the same post twice? Or is that repeating the same words you said before but just using slightly different words? In either case, I was not aware of such a thing.
Scroll to the bottom of the forum and click on the link "Community Rules"
Anyways, new studies show that the long time standing advice that moderate drinking is benefitical is false and can actually cause problems health wise:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/a...Just-two-glasses-wine-day-cause-problems.html
Interesting. A study of people who are genetically predisposed to being harmed by small amounts of alcohol, found that consuming less alcohol caused them less harm.
I mean, think about it. If you pour alcohol into a glass that has a piece of fruit in it, what is going to happen to that piece of fruit? It is going to dry out that piece of fruit. What about a piece of meat? It is going to dry out that piece of meat. The thing is that the alcohol does not know the difference between being outside versus inside you. It will have the same drying out effect inside you which can lead to heart disease, cancer even with moderate use.
Please link to an authoritative source that backs up your claim that alcohol dries out your insides, otherwise stop posting silly comparisons.
It is also an addictive drug, too. So self control? It depends on how much one drinks all the time and how often.
It is only addictive if abused. Those who exercise self control don't become addicted. Those who don't exercise self control are likely to have problems with far more than just alcohol.
Like I said, it is an addictive drug for many (Whereby they have to join programs in order to stop).
And for vast numbers of people it is not an addictive drug.

Upvote 0

SnowyMacie

Apr 12, 2011
North Texas
✟118,149.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
In Relationship
Please link to an authoritative source that backs up your claim that alcohol dries out your insides, otherwise stop posting silly comparisons.

It's technically true, kind of. Alcohol dehydrates you, that's what causes a hangover, but the effects of your average hangover are easily reversible and aren't remotely permanent.

It is only addictive if abused. Those who exercise self control don't become addicted. Those who don't exercise self control are likely to have problems with far more than just alcohol.

And for vast numbers of people it is not an addictive drug.

Excatly, nevermind that the vast majority of people, including Christians, consume alcohol responsibly and have no issues with alcoholism. Alcoholism (unless they have a genetic predisposition) most drug abuses don't stem from the drug itself, but are merely a symptom of deeper issues.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

seashale76

Unapologetic Iconodule
Dec 29, 2004
✟173,935.00
Country
United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I'd say my thread has run its course. It was already there back on page six when I expressed the same thing I'm expressing now. (Why I've not been getting updates for my own thread, I don't know.)

Anyway, I started this thread for the express purpose of seeing how prevalent this grape juice belief is. It took an entire year for someone that believed it to even come along, and now enough people have voted to show what I suspected from the start; it's a fringe belief in Christianity. As of now, we have 83 to 4, in favor of wine.

Upvote 0

John 1:1 GodCZU

Fret Not Yourself Because Of Evildoers
Sep 5, 2015
San Francisco CA
✟1,580.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The men came to Yeshua in the first place because the wedding feast had ran out of wine. If wine was forbidden them they didn't know it to have had wine at the wedding initially. And Yeshua could have simply told them to make due with the casks of water instead if in his wisdom he knew it was forbidden.

Upvote 0

prodromos

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 28, 2003
Sydney, Straya
✟1,182,901.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Interestingly enough, I just read an article on auto-brewery syndrome, where sufferers get drunk just by eating bread, potatoes or rice because yeast in their stomachs ferments the carbs into alcohol. Are we now to be told we can't even eat those things because it might tempt a sufferer to eat the same and become drunk?
Where will it end?

http://mobile.news.com.au/lifestyle...brewery-syndrome/story-fneuzlbd-1227514111088

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.