✟83,758.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
John 19:

26 When Jesus saw his mother and the disciple whom he loved standing nearby, he said to his mother, “Woman, behold, your son!” 27 Then he said to the disciple, “Behold, your mother!” And from that hour the disciple took her to his own home.
28 After this, Jesus, knowing that all was now finished, said (to fulfill the Scripture), “I thirst.” 29 A jar full of sour wine stood there, so they put a sponge full of the sour wine on a hyssop branch and held it to his mouth. 30 When Jesus had received the sour wine, he said, “It is finished,” and he bowed his head and gave up his spirit.
What was finished?

His work on the earthly life was finished. Everything that the Father commanded to do was done. This mission was accomplished. He was to die next.

Luke 23:

46 Father, into your hands I commend my spirit.

Soyeong

Mar 10, 2015
Hudson
✟284,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
John 19:

What was finished?

His work on the earthly life was finished. Everything that the Father commanded to do was done. This mission was accomplished. He was to die next.

Luke 23:
In Titus 2:14, Jesus gave himself to redeem us from all lawlessness and to purify for himself a people of his own possession who are zealous for doing good works, so that is what he finished.

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,862.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
John 19:

What was finished?
The atoning sacrifice.

1 John 2:2 "He is the atoning sacrifice for our sins - and not for our sins only - but for the sins of the whole world"

Reactions: tonychanyt
Upvote 0