timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟300,054.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
When I first read about the Book of Enoch which is a Jewish scripture just like the other books of the Bible and yet removed from canon, both Jewish and Orthodox Christianity for reasons I found no logical basis.

I found it had so many elements found in the multiplayer game I used to play called World of Warcraft. I've been playing warcraft long before I read about the book. There were giants and then fallen angels who passed down advanced knowledge to primitive man like blacksmithing / metallurgy, weaponsmithing, jewelcrafting, enchantments, magic/sorcery(real ones!), agriculture, astrology, the art of war, the art of hand-to-hand combat and many more. Strange natural landscape including the presence of ridiculously enormous trees.

And then all-out wars broke out between different factions of humans led by the offsprings and/or prodigies (heroes) of these fallen angels. These ancient wars involved all fronts of combat, from hand-to-hand fighting to extensive use of magical attacks and wielding advanced/other-worldly technology.

All these things are present in the Warcraft Universe. Their enemies just like in Book of Enoch are also the "Fallen Gods" or the Fallen angels. Both also corrupted and fouled the lands of the Earth and all living creatures it came in contact with. Even the names of the fallen entities sounded similar in both the game and the book.

I suppose why I found the warcraft lore strangely attractive. In fact, I got addicted to the game. But thank God, I got out of that addiction! It's probably sourcing from a distant memory seared in our DNA. A world that is terrifying. Yet, strangely attractive. I suppose, our present world that has gone mad is pushing me back to our origins where at least, it was far more exciting than the Death our present world has become.

Sorn

Jan 8, 2018
Perth
✟178,763.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It's probably sourcing from a distant memory seared in our DNA. A world that is terrifying. Yet, strangely attractive.
I don't think there is anything wrong with playing the game, as long as it doesn't become an addiction. I think perhaps the game designers were more familiar with the book of Enoch than you realize rather then it being DNA memory

• Agree
Reactions: timewerx
Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟300,054.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I don't think there is anything wrong with playing the game, as long as it doesn't become an addiction. I think perhaps the game designers were more familiar with the book of Enoch than you realize rather then it being DNA memory

True! It's quite probable, they took inspiration from the reading the book.

And I think they also took inspiration from Zecharia Sitchin's books about "ancient astronauts", lost civilizations that possessed advanced, cutting edge technology and the "gods" (fallen angels) that visited Earth throughout ancient history to impart their knowledge.

And also ancient myths from various cultures around the world. I think the warcraft universe and the World of Warcraft is an attempt by its designers to simulate this pre-flood global civilization. It is perhaps what makes this game quite addictive. It heralds from a past we never knew existed or at least to most people anyway. A world that is crazy dangerous and yet, so beautiful.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sorn
Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟300,054.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Not a game any believer should play.. oh yes in the past I did Father forgive me.

For most its expansions, I played a paladin. A Christian knight so to speak, lol! I did that on purpose because obviously, a paladin is a Christian.

But the last expansion I played in Legion, I consistently played with a warlock which is probably the most evil, satanic character in the game. It was also the time I'm having major doubts about Christianity and humanity. I'm slowly being being turned into one of their villains. But glad, I don't play world of warcraft anymore. It was a major waste of time and distraction from the essentials.

Upvote 0