- astronomy
- cosmology
- in violation of the laws of thermodynamics

... IS:

- a scientific theory
- biology
- an explanation for the diversity of biological life on the planet
*ba-da bump*

It may not [openly] 'deny God', but God sure denies it --- in Writing.

The Bible calls it 'a philosophy', an 'invention', and a 'fable'.

Upvote 0

azmurath

Jun 11, 2006
Maryland
✟1,045.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

What is your problem? This thread has been dead for SIX AND A HALF YEARS!

Upvote 0

LifeToTheFullest!

May 12, 2004
✟6,295.00
Faith
Agnostic

He does no such thing. In fact the bible was written waaaaay before Darwin and Wallace hypothesized evolution.

Upvote 0

Split Rock

Conflation of Blathers
Nov 3, 2003
North Dakota
✟22,466.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single

Thank you, AVET. This is a Classic Example of the Blasphemy I have been talking about and Creationists have been denying. Nowhere, and I do mean Nowhere does the Bible say anything about the theory of evolution. Yet, here you are claiming your flawed interpretation of scripture is God's Word. It is both Wrong and Blasphemous.

Upvote 0

LifeToTheFullest!

May 12, 2004
✟6,295.00
Faith
Agnostic
:doh:
Thank you, AVET. This is a Classic Example of the Blasphemy I have been talking about and Creationists have been denying. Nowhere, and I do mean Nowhere does the Bible say anything about the theory of evolution. Yet, here you are claiming your flawed interpretation of scripture is God's Word. It is both Wrong and Blasphemous.
And they wonder why we don't take what they have to say at face value.

I wonder what christians taught that passage to mean prior to 1859. ^_^

Reactions: Split Rock
Upvote 0

Pete Harcoff

PeteAce - In memory of WinAce
Jun 30, 2002
✟9,874.00
Faith
Other Religion
What is your problem? This thread has been dead for SIX AND A HALF YEARS!

Good question. AV1611VET repeatedly does this, repeatedly gets told he does this, yet continues to do it.

At any rate, I raised this issue with staff. It's generally poor netiquette to resurrect old threads (i.e. 6+ months old). Resurrecting threads from over half-a-decade ago is just ridiculous. Maybe mods can start locking these threads.

Upvote 0

azmurath

Jun 11, 2006
Maryland
✟1,045.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Good question. AV1611VET repeatedly does this, repeatedly gets told he does this, yet continues to do it.

At any rate, I raised this issue with staff. It's generally poor netiquette to resurrect old threads (i.e. 6+ months old). Resurrecting threads from over half-a-decade ago is just ridiculous. Maybe mods can start locking these threads.

Maybe they can prevent AV from inflating his post count with posting "1...2...3...4..."

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Pete Harcoff

PeteAce - In memory of WinAce
Jun 30, 2002
✟9,874.00
Faith
Other Religion
Maybe they can prevent AV from inflating his post count with posting "1...2...3...4..."

Is that how he does it? Makes sense, I guess, because even the worst internet addict would have trouble making 600+ posts a day.

That's gotta be a rule violation, though. Server power/storage isn't free, and if it's being chewed up so people can spam the forum to inflate their post count, that just shouldn't be allowed. Maybe I'll raise this with staff as well.

Upvote 0

azmurath

Jun 11, 2006
Maryland
✟1,045.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Is that how he does it? Makes sense, I guess, because even the worst internet addict would have trouble making 600+ posts a day.

That's gotta be a rule violation, though. Server power/storage isn't free, and if it's being chewed up so people can spam the forum to inflate their post count, that just shouldn't be allowed. Maybe I'll raise this with staff as well.

I am pretty sure inflating your post count would be considered "bearing false witness".

Upvote 0

MrJDSmith

A nobody who knows nothing
Feb 4, 2007
✟8,623.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others

Site allows it and supports it.
Forum Number Games - Christian Forums

Upvote 0

Tinker Grey

Wanderer
Site Supporter
Feb 6, 2002
Erewhon
Visit site
✟933,032.00
Faith
Atheist

I believe the game-type sub-fora encourage that sort of thing.

Upvote 0

Thistlethorn

Defeated dad.
Aug 13, 2009
Steering Cabin
✟16,260.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
I believe the game-type sub-fora encourage that sort of thing.

I've looked at those threads, but I can't see any purpose to them except inflating post counts. Could you shine any light on this? Seems strange to me.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,534.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

Two things here, Pete:

1. You bumped this thread yourself, did you not? I'm sure you still wanted an answer?
  2. QV the second post from Lucaspa: 2 .

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,534.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Nowhere, and I do mean Nowhere does the Bible say anything about the theory of evolution.
That's right --- it does not mention evolution --- by name.

But It does call evolution's predecessor --- or, more appropriately, evolution in its infant stage --- a philosophy, an invention, and a fable.

Like I told someone else, I believe for example, that the book of Colossians was written to nip gnosticism in the bud before it ever got started; and, by the same token, I believe the book of Ecclesiastes was written to nip evolution in the bud before it ever got started as well.

Note too that the Bible does not use the word 'atheist' --- but uses another word, instead.

Same for the Rapture and the Trinity.

Upvote 0

Cabal

Jul 22, 2007
London
✟30,012.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
That's right --- it does not mention evolution --- by name.

But It does call evolution's predecessor --- or, more appropriately, evolution in its infant stage --- a philosophy, an invention, and a fable.

Like I told someone else, I believe for example, that the book of Colossians was written to nip gnosticism in the bud before it ever got started; and, by the same token, I believe the book of Ecclesiastes was written to nip evolution in the bud before it ever got started as well.

Note too that the Bible does not use the word 'atheist' --- but uses another word, instead.

Same for the Rapture and the Trinity.

And you accuse us of retrofitting. Yeesh.

Good job on necro'ing a thread with an active owner, though.

Upvote 0