Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
You too will have to wait and see just what Jesus gave JS. Jesus gave JS the milk and the meat of the gospel of Jesus Christ. You reject the whole restored gospel and especially the meat that the Corinthians rejected from Paul.

Jesus does not give the false teachings of the LDS. He is truth. I am sorry, but JS did not teach truth, but the light of a false angel. I pray for the day your eyes will be opened to that. Everything about JS shouts of self, not Jesus. He elevated man and himself, not Jesus. He brings God down to the level of He was a man who worked His way to becoming a God so we can be God and JS God above all men---No, that is not the God of the bible. Jesus was all about elevating His Father, not Himself. The difference is obvious to those not blinded. A true prophet elevates the scriptures, not his own words, his own made up theories over what is already in the Holy word. He enlightens what is there, not tramples it down to place his writings over the word of God.

Upvote 0

Peter1000

Nov 12, 2015
✟124,865.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
I reject your false religion because God told me to do so.

Proverbs 3
5 Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.
6 In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.

Psalm 50
15 And call upon me in the day of trouble: I will deliver thee, and thou shalt glorify me.
I do appreciate your words, but they could well have come out of my mouth also.

We will just have to wait and see.

BTW, I reject your rejection. God has told me this is the true religion, with the true saving ordinances and the true path to salvation, with the authority to administer them. The same authority that Peter in the NT had that you know nothing of, or care anything about.

Upvote 0

Peter1000

Nov 12, 2015
✟124,865.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Jesus does not give the false teachings of the LDS. He is truth. I am sorry, but JS did not teach truth, but the light of a false angel. I pray for the day your eyes will be opened to that. Everything about JS shouts of self, not Jesus. He elevated man and himself, not Jesus. He brings God down to the level of He was a man who worked His way to becoming a God so we can be God and JS God above all men---No, that is not the God of the bible. Jesus was all about elevating His Father, not Himself. The difference is obvious to those not blinded. A true prophet elevates the scriptures, not his own words, his own made up theories over what is already in the Holy word. He enlightens what is there, not tramples it down to place his writings over the word of God.
So what is more important the words of Paul, or the OT?

We believe the words of a current day prophet are more important than the words of a prophet 2100 years ago. We do not burn those 2100 year old words. We read them too, but in the light of the current prophet. And you are right, if there is a conflict in the old vs the new, we give the new the edge, then try to reoncile the new with the old, and we then get to the truth.

This is the benefit of a true prophet of God in our day.

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
So what is more important the words of Paul, or the OT?

We believe the words of a current day prophet are more important than the words of a prophet 2100 years ago. We do not burn those 2100 year old words. We read them too, but in the light of the current prophet. And you are right, if there is a conflict in the old vs the new, we give the new the edge, then try to reoncile the new with the old, and we then get to the truth.

This is the benefit of a true prophet of God in our day.

|

They are not contradictory when they are taken together. The OT is what Paul had and what he taught had to conform to what had been said and does. No made up stories and false priestly rites involved! A true prophet of God doesn't make up stuff that has never even been hinted at.

Upvote 0

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
|

They are not contradictory when they are taken together. The OT is what Paul had and what he taught had to conform to what had been said and does. No made up stories and false priestly rites involved! A true prophet of God doesn't make up stuff that has never even been hinted at.
When was the sacrament hinted at in the Old Testament?

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
When was the sacrament hinted at in the Old Testament?

What do you call a sacrament? The OT contained all that was needed to show what the Lamb of God was to do. It showed what the Priests were to do. It also spoke of the new covenant that was to be----His law written in the heart.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
What do you call a sacrament? The OT contained all that was needed to show what the Lamb of God was to do. It showed what the Priests were to do. It also spoke of the new covenant that was to be----His law written ion the heart.
New concepts taught in the New Testament:

(New Testament | John 6:53 - 56)

53 Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you.
54 Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day.
55 For my flesh is meat indeed, and my blood is drink indeed.
56 He that eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, dwelleth in me, and I in him.

(New Testament | Matthew 5:21 - 48)

21 ¶ Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time, Thou shalt not kill; and whosoever shall kill shall be in danger of the judgment:
22 But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire.
23 Therefore if thou bring thy gift to the altar, and there rememberest that thy brother hath ought against thee;
24 Leave there thy gift before the altar, and go thy way; first be reconciled to thy brother, and then come and offer thy gift.
25 Agree with thine adversary quickly, whiles thou art in the way with him; lest at any time the adversary deliver thee to the judge, and the judge deliver thee to the officer, and thou be cast into prison.
26 Verily I say unto thee, Thou shalt by no means come out thence, till thou hast paid the uttermost farthing.
27 ¶ Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time, Thou shalt not commit adultery:
28 But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart.
29 And if thy right eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell.
30 And if thy right hand offend thee, cut if off, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell.
31 It hath been said, Whosoever shall put away his wife, let him give her a writing of divorcement:
32 But I say unto you, That whosoever shall put away his wife, saving for the cause of fornication, causeth her to commit adultery: and whosoever shall marry her that is divorced committeth adultery.
33 ¶ Again, ye have heard that it hath been said by them of old time, Thou shalt not forswear thyself, but shalt perform unto the Lord thine oaths:
34 But I say unto you, Swear not at all; neither by heaven; for it is God's throne:
35 Nor by the earth; for it is his footstool: neither by Jerusalem; for it is the city of the great King.
36 Neither shalt thou swear by thy head, because thou canst not make one hair white or black.
37 But let your communication be, Yea, yea; Nay, nay: for whatsoever is more than these cometh of evil.
38 ¶ Ye have heard that it hath been said, An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth:
39 But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also.
40 And if any man will sue thee at the law, and take away thy coat, let him have thy cloke also.
41 And whosoever shall compel thee to go a mile, go with him twain.
42 Give to him that asketh thee, and from him that would borrow of thee turn not thou away.
43 ¶ Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy.
44 But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;
45 That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.
46 For if ye love them which love you, what reward have ye? do not even the publicans the same?
47 And if ye salute your brethren only, what do ye more than others? do not even the publicans so?
48 Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
New concepts taught in the New Testament:

(New Testament | John 6:53 - 56)

53 Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you.
54 Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day.
55 For my flesh is meat indeed, and my blood is drink indeed.
56 He that eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, dwelleth in me, and I in him.

(New Testament | Matthew 5:21 - 48)

21 ¶ Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time, Thou shalt not kill; and whosoever shall kill shall be in danger of the judgment:
22 But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire.
23 Therefore if thou bring thy gift to the altar, and there rememberest that thy brother hath ought against thee;
24 Leave there thy gift before the altar, and go thy way; first be reconciled to thy brother, and then come and offer thy gift.
25 Agree with thine adversary quickly, whiles thou art in the way with him; lest at any time the adversary deliver thee to the judge, and the judge deliver thee to the officer, and thou be cast into prison.
26 Verily I say unto thee, Thou shalt by no means come out thence, till thou hast paid the uttermost farthing.
27 ¶ Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time, Thou shalt not commit adultery:
28 But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart.
29 And if thy right eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell.
30 And if thy right hand offend thee, cut if off, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell.
31 It hath been said, Whosoever shall put away his wife, let him give her a writing of divorcement:
32 But I say unto you, That whosoever shall put away his wife, saving for the cause of fornication, causeth her to commit adultery: and whosoever shall marry her that is divorced committeth adultery.
33 ¶ Again, ye have heard that it hath been said by them of old time, Thou shalt not forswear thyself, but shalt perform unto the Lord thine oaths:
34 But I say unto you, Swear not at all; neither by heaven; for it is God's throne:
35 Nor by the earth; for it is his footstool: neither by Jerusalem; for it is the city of the great King.
36 Neither shalt thou swear by thy head, because thou canst not make one hair white or black.
37 But let your communication be, Yea, yea; Nay, nay: for whatsoever is more than these cometh of evil.
38 ¶ Ye have heard that it hath been said, An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth:
39 But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also.
40 And if any man will sue thee at the law, and take away thy coat, let him have thy cloke also.
41 And whosoever shall compel thee to go a mile, go with him twain.
42 Give to him that asketh thee, and from him that would borrow of thee turn not thou away.
43 ¶ Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy.
44 But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;
45 That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.
46 For if ye love them which love you, what reward have ye? do not even the publicans the same?
47 And if ye salute your brethren only, what do ye more than others? do not even the publicans so?
48 Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.

Jesus did not mean that literally, as the Catholic maintain. But He was the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world. The concept is in the sanctuary services. The rest are spiritual enlargements on what was already mentioned in the OT. The Pharisees simply had not applied things correctly. Jesus merely clarified.

Upvote 0

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Jesus did not mean that literally, as the Catholic maintain. But He was the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world. The concept is in the sanctuary services. The rest are spiritual enlargements on what was already mentioned in the OT. The Pharisees simply had not applied things correctly. Jesus merely clarified.
Was baptism mentioned in the Old Testament?:

(New Testament | Mark 1:4)

4 John did baptize in the wilderness, and preach the baptism of repentance for the remission of sins.

And there is this:

(New Testament | John 13:34)

34 A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another.

Upvote 0

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟80,170.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
I do appreciate your words, but they could well have come out of my mouth also.

We will just have to wait and see.

BTW, I reject your rejection. God has told me this is the true religion, with the true saving ordinances and the true path to salvation, with the authority to administer them. The same authority that Peter in the NT had that you know nothing of, or care anything about.

Just because you claim that your false god told you something shows us that you believe Mormonism which is a false relgion started by Joseph Smith.

I don't have to "wait and see." I believe that Jesus paid for my sins, saved me and will finish the work He started.

No one needs Joseph Smith!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Just because you claim that your false god told you something shows us that you believe Mormonism which is a false relgion started by Joseph Smith.

I don't have to "wait and see." I believe that Jesus paid for my sins, saved me and will finish the work He started.

No one needs Joseph Smith!
We believe in the true God of the Bible who sent His Son to atone for the sins of those who LOVE and obey Him by keeping the commandments.

Upvote 0

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟80,170.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
We believe in the true God of the Bible who sent His Son to atone for the sins of those who LOVE and obey Him by keeping the commandments.

Joseph Smith was liar, yet you follow him:

“Many men say there is one God; the Father, the Son and the Holy Ghost are only one God. I say that is a strange God anyhow—three in one, and one in three! It is a curious organization anyhow. All are to be crammed into one God, according to sectarianism. It would make the biggest God in all the world. He would be a wonderfully big God—he would be a giant or a monster.”
Teachings of the Prophet Joseph Smith, p. 372; History of the Church, vol. 6, p. 476

"And virtually all the millions of apostate Christendom have abased themselves before the mythical throne of a mythical Christ whom they vainly suppose to be a spirit essence who is incorporeal uncreated, immaterial and three-in-one with the Father and Holy Spirit."
Bruce R. McConkie, Mormon Doctrine, p.269

Upvote 0

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Joseph Smith was liar, yet you follow him:

“Many men say there is one God; the Father, the Son and the Holy Ghost are only one God. I say that is a strange God anyhow—three in one, and one in three! It is a curious organization anyhow. All are to be crammed into one God, according to sectarianism. It would make the biggest God in all the world. He would be a wonderfully big God—he would be a giant or a monster.”
Teachings of the Prophet Joseph Smith, p. 372; History of the Church, vol. 6, p. 476

"And virtually all the millions of apostate Christendom have abased themselves before the mythical throne of a mythical Christ whom they vainly suppose to be a spirit essence who is incorporeal uncreated, immaterial and three-in-one with the Father and Holy Spirit."
Bruce R. McConkie, Mormon Doctrine, p.269
Jesus Christ taught how He and the Father are one through glory and perfection:

(New Testament | John 17:20 - 23)

20 Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word;
21 That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me.
22 And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one:
23 I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me.

Upvote 0