✟15,987.00
Country
China
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

seventy sevens explained

At present, there are many different interpretations of the prophecies of the seventy weeks, which are mainly divided into two types: messianic interpretations and non-messianic interpretations.

My interpretation differs from both:

The anointed king refers to Cyrus, and the anointed person is the high priest Aonia III (the original text has an anointed person rather than that anointed person, which refers to it in general and not specifically), and the people of one king are Ibiphoni ( Antiochus IV Epiphanes). The seventy weeks are for Israel, while the universal Christ is for all nations and peoples, that is, the "Son of Man" in Daniel 7.

Seven seven fingers from 586 BC (the fall of Jerusalem) to 538 BC (the first year of Cyrus), and one seven finger 171-165 BC (the persecution of Antiochus Ibiphanes, the Maccabean uprising to clean the temple) , the anointed one who was cut off was the high priest Aonia III, and the anointed king was Cyrus, who was called the anointed one in Isaiah.

The sixty-two weeks refer to the period from 604 BC to 171 BC (after sixty-two weeks, the high priest Onia III was killed in 171 BC), and this period includes those seven weeks. In 604 BC, the first year of Nebuchadnezzar, he and Antiochus Epiphanes were "abominations of desolation".

The sixty-two weeks are followed by "one week", that is, the seven years when Antiochus IV persecuted the Jews, from 170 BC to 164 BC. During these two periods, Nebuchadnezzar and Antiochus IV The world is an abomination of desolation.

The central year of the 49 years from 586 BC to 538 BC was 562 BC, the 398th year before the temple was completed, and the 398 years after that was the year Antiochus IV died. 562 BC was a turning point. In this year, Nebuchadnezzar II died, his son Evi-Merodah came to the throne, and the captive King Jehoiachin of Judah was released from prison.

604 BC is 18 years from 586 BC, and 18 years from 538 BC is 520 BC. In this year, the temple was resumed under the supervision of the prophets Haggai and Zechariah, and it was completed 4 years later. And 4 years before 604 BC is 608 BC, the year Jehoiakim began to be king.

Obviously, the events that occurred around the 49 years from 586 BC to 538 BC have a symmetrical distribution. These 49 years seem to be the most holy place, which is square, and the time before and after is the sanctuary and the tabernacle, gradually stretching to the distance. In 562 BC it was the center of the Holy of Holies. 586 BC, pushed back 70 years, is 516 BC, when the temple was built. Pushing forward 70 years from 538 BC to 608 BC, Egypt appointed Jehoiakim as king of Judah.

538 BC was the first year of Cyrus the Anointed, and Isaiah prophesied: Thus said the Lord to Cyrus the Anointed, I have supported his right hand and made the nations fall before him, and I have held the girdle of kings Loosen, so that the gates of the city shall stand open before him, and shall not be closed: "I will go before you, and make the rough ground smooth. I will break gates of bronze, and bars of iron. I will give treasures of darkness and hidden riches to You, that you may know that I am the LORD, the God of Israel. For Jacob my servant, Israel whom I have chosen, I call you by name; even though you do not know me, I will name you.

The length of time from when Abraham left Haran at the age of seventy-five to when Jacob went to Egypt was 215 years. The Israelites lived in Egypt for 430 years, and from Exodus to 586 BC (the destruction of the First Temple) was 860 years (this It means one year, two years, half a time, the English translation is a time, times and half a time). 860-538+1=323, AD 323, (860 years after the first year of Cyrus) Constantine defeated all political enemies and became the sole ruler of Rome (just like Cyrus became Babylon and King of Persia), the year that there were no idols on the currency of the Roman Empire (Jesus said: "Give Caesar what is Caesar's, and give God what is God's"). During his reign he held the first ecumenical council in Nicaea. Constantine is like Cyrus, Nebuchadnezzar is like Antiochus IV.

430 years later, in 753 A.D., Pope Stephen II and King Pepin of the Frankish Kingdom met in Chierzi-sur-Oise, and under the protection of Saint Zachary in Soissons, Pepin crowned.

215 years later, what happened in A.D. 968:

Holy Roman Emperor Otto I first invaded the territory of the Byzantine Empire in southern Italy - Apulia.

In 968 AD, Vitoslav led an army to invade Bulgaria and occupied the capital of Bulgaria. But soon, it was defeated by the army of the Eastern Roman Empire.

In 968 AD, Itil, the capital of the Khazar Empire, a Jewish country, was captured by the Russian army.

In 968 AD, the Fatimid dynasty occupied Egypt and moved their capital to Cairo.

This year is an important year for both Orthodox and Catholic Churches as well as Judaism. This year coincides with the year Abraham arrived in Canaan. At that time God called Abraham to leave his own people, and at this time the name of Abraham's God was spread among the nations of Asia and Europe.

75 years later (Abraham left Aram at the age of 75), Michael Cerularius became Patriarch of Constantinople in 1043 AD. During his tenure, the church split.

Taking those 49 years as the center, 1505 years before and after each can form the shape of an altar or a pyramid. This is the shape of a sanctuary (central forty-nine years) and extensions of the sanctuary. The amazing thing is that the Star of David is also composed of two equilateral triangles.

Prophecy is not just telling people what will happen in the future, but also revealing some laws. God establishes a subtle time relationship for similar events. This relationship shows the outline of the sanctuary, as does the proportional relationship between the temple and the tabernacle.

According to my calculation of the great flood of 4989 BC, the year that is symmetrical to this year is 4,428 AD, perhaps this is the end time. But perhaps it is the end times that are created in symmetry with Adam. But I prefer the unpredictable end times.

lisiu

Aug 10, 2021
sd
✟15,987.00
Country
China
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
1689866311178.png

Upvote 0

grafted branch

Site Supporter
Feb 21, 2019
Washington
✟260,525.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
According to my calculation of the great flood of 4989 BC, the year that is symmetrical to this year is 4,428 AD, perhaps this is the end time. But perhaps it is the end times that are created in symmetry with Adam. But I prefer the unpredictable end times.
I once heard someone claiming there is symmetry between Jesus and Satan, in regards to where they are and in the type of access they have.

I don’t necessarily agree with this theory but I find the idea of symmetry between Jesus and Satan interesting.

This view as I understand it is both Jesus and Satan had access to heaven and earth, then we see both Jesus and Satan on earth as seen when Jesus is tempted by Satan. Then the time comes when both Jesus and Satan are seen as part man part spirit (Satan enters Judas being symmetrical to Jesus being both man and God).

Both Jesus and Judas die, leaving Satan in Sheol/bottomless pit while Jesus is raised from the dead and goes to heaven. Currently the symmetry would be Jesus in heaven and Satan in the bottomless pit, at a future point the symmetry will be Satan released from, leaving the pit and the return of Christ or Christ leaving heaven. This then will be followed by the symmetry of Christ in new heaven new earth and Satan in the lake of fire.

Ok, I know this view is far from what you’re trying to show in your thread but what are your thoughts on symmetry not only being seen in the dates, as you propose, but also being seen elsewhere?

Upvote 0

RandyPNW

Jun 8, 2021
Pacific NW, USA
✟105,618.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

seventy sevens explained

At present, there are many different interpretations of the prophecies of the seventy weeks, which are mainly divided into two types: messianic interpretations and non-messianic interpretations.
I take a more conventional approach. Trying to take an historical prophecy and project it into the future as a future prophecy may be titillating. But it does not meet any standard of interpretation that I know of. There were many historically-fulfilled prophecies in the Bible, and the 70 Weeks Prophecy was one of them, in my opinion.

Daniel had faced the reality of the complete destruction of Israel's temple system by which Israel had remained in covenant relationship with their God, a covenant which if obeyed brought blessing to the people. But Daniel is told the future of the temple worship, and the 70 Weeks Prophecy ends with the destruction of the temple once more.

The 1st 7 Years has to do with the time when after King Artaxerxe's decree in 457 BC that the city was restored, completing the restoration of temple worship.

The time leading up to the final "Week," including the 1st 7 years, amounted to 483 years, which ended in approx. 26 AD. This was the beginning of Messiah's ministry.

Israel was in covenant with the Roman government for the final Week, which led to the end of God's acceptance of animal sacrifice in the temple with the death of Christ. This took place in the midst of this final Week, after about 3.5 years, in about 30 AD.

And it was at this time that the Roman ruler enabled his people, an army, to come up against Jerusalem and the temple, destroying them in 70 AD. Dan 9.26 speaks explicitly of the people of the ruler desolating both the city and the sanctuary, which in verse 27 is called the "Abomination of Desolation."

Jesus specifically referred to this passage in his Olivet Discourse. And he described it as the surrounding of Jerusalem by an Army, which would desolate it, leading to an age-long period of "Great Tribulation" for the Jewish People.

Upvote 0

David Kent

Continuing Historicist
Aug 24, 2017
Ashford Kent
✟116,777.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Conservative
According to this timeline, Jesus and Jotham in the Book of Judges are symmetrical
The great problem with your interpretation is that the seventy weeks begin with the going forth of the command to rebuild the Jerusalem and the temple. That was done by Cyrus and it began in the first year of Cyrus, 70 years exactly after the first deportation.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Aug 25, 2023
LA
✟2,613.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
It's kind of simple actually. Start with the decree of Artaxerxes on 445 BC to build Jerusalem with walls etc. Then move 69 weeks or 69x7=483 years ahead. Moving into Roman years we get 483x360/365.35=476 years ahead or 31AD. This is the year Christ was crucified according to Herbert Armstrong so take that as gospel. That is at 31 BC Christ would be cut off. Then Daniel's 70th week is still ahead of us but we know from Luke 21:20 that when Jerusalem shall be surrounded by armies the desolation is near. That is at that future time the seventh resurrection of the Holy Roman Empire shall strike a covenant with many but for half a week or 3.5 years shall put an end to the daily or burnt offering. The rest of the timeline you can find in another post of mine.

Upvote 0
Aug 25, 2023
LA
✟2,613.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Ok, if that is what you think of Herbert Armstrong as a false teacher and false prophet I am not going to argue with you. I just wanted to add though that in Rev 3:7 The Key of David is mentioned. Herbert Armstrong taught the key of David relates to US and UK being Israel in the old testament prophecies which then unlock many statements in the Bible. What do you think then is the Key of David if not for what Herbert Armstrong taught?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Happygolucky?

Jan 9, 2023
California
✟33,128.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I see it to be quite clear that Isaiah 44:27-28

And Isaiah 45 doesn’t speak of Cyrus of Persia. Anytime you see what appears to be an “inconsistency” between history and prophecy, it remains unfulfilled

In the historical books of Ezra and Nehemiah we can safely conclude that Cyrus of Persia neither built the city Isaiah 45:13 nor did he issue a decree and that it’s clear below. If the people had a decree they would have notified the great grandson of Cyrus (Artexerxes). But they never had a decree. If they had a decree they wouldn’t have been stopped by force of arms. As a matter of fact it wasn’t until some 12? years later that the cupbearer of Artexerxes (Nehemiah) asked to go rebuild the city that a decree was made. Here below, if there was a decree the people would’ve told Artexerxes

Ezra 4:17-23

17Then the king sent a response to Rehum the commander, Shimshai the scribe, and to the rest of their colleagues who live in Samaria and in the rest of the provinces beyond the Euphrates River: “Peace. And now, 18the document which you sent to us has been [j]translated and read before me. 19And a decree has been [k]issued by me, and a search has been conducted and it has been discovered that that city has risen up against the kings in past days, and that rebellion and revolt have been perpetrated in it, 20that mighty kings have [l]ruled over Jerusalem, governing all the provinces beyond the Euphrates River, and that tribute, custom tax, and toll were paid to them. 21Now issue a decree to make those men stop work, so that this city will not be rebuilt until a decree is issued by me. 22And beware of being negligent in carrying out this matter; why should there be great damage, to the detriment of the kings?”

23Then as soon as the copy of King Artaxerxes’ decree was read before Rehum and Shimshai the scribe and their colleagues, they went in a hurry to Jerusalem to the Jews and stopped them by military force.

On the other hand the Jews did have a decree to rebuild the temple from Cyrus

Ezra 1:1-4

And they appealed to king Darius, and were successful because there actually was a decree. But also because the “eye of their GOD was upon them”. However, no appeal was made to Artexerxes because there was no decree to rebuild the city.

Here’s Cyrus’s decree in detail from the scroll from Ecbatana Ezra 6:2-5

Isaiah was a prophet and whenever history and prophecy don’t jibe, it’s unfulfilled. There’s an endtime Cyrus who will come to fulfill the Cyrus of Isaiah.

But concerning the 70 weeks, it is publicly sealed up and pertains solely to these last days.

Daniel 12:4

It is sealed because things must transpire still to understand what it speaks of. Not until airplanes (many roaming about) and internet (increase In knowledge) our current time can prophecy of Daniel be understood!

Blessings!

Upvote 0
Aug 25, 2023
LA
✟2,613.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I see your point but in Ezra 7:21 it is obvious that the decree I am referring to went forth after attempts to stop it. From Ezra 7:21 "And I, even I Artaxerxes the king, do make a decree to all the treasurers which are beyond the river, that whatsoever Ezra the priest, the scribe of the law of the God of heaven, shall require of you, it be done speedily."

I have understood Daniel 12:4 for a long time already. My point is that 69 weeks have already passed and 1 week remains yet in the future and no one knows when it shall happen but the Father in heaven (Matthew 24:36). But also from Matthew 24 we know the signs preceding the Day of the Lord.

Yet from 2 Thessalonians 2:3 "Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;". Well it all boils down to who this man of perdition is and if you are of the elect you shall know who this person is. I say this man of sin has already been revealed and so Daniel's last week is not far away.

I get the principle of prophetic duality and yes there shall be a Cyrus in end time. But few will understand who he is. Let me refer to Micah 2:13 "The breaker is come up before them: they have broken up, and have passed through the gate, and are gone out by it: their king shall pass before them, and the LORD on the head of them."

There shall be a righteous king in end times but his role is to govern the true Church members and temporarily sit on the throne of David before Christ comes. So he shall hold both scepter and law and the elect shall follow him.

However, I do know that when the elect go to safety the verses in Amos 8:11-12 apply: "Behold, the days come, saith the Lord GOD, that I will send a famine in the land, not a famine of bread, nor a thirst for water, but of hearing the words of the LORD:" - "And they shall wander from sea to sea, and from the north even to the east, they shall run to and fro to seek the word of the LORD, and shall not find it."

So yeah, many shall use the many airplanes round about to seek the people who speak the word of the LORD while it's still around in the internet but unfortunately those people shall have left already.

Lastly, I suggest you read Luke 14:15-24 or the parable of the great banquet. Many called shall not show up and those who show up are suggested to follow the advice of Christ in Luke 14:8,10,: "When thou art bidden of any man to a wedding, sit not down in the highest room; lest a more honourable man than thou be bidden of him;", "But when thou art bidden, go and sit down in the lowest room; that when he that bade thee cometh, he may say unto thee, Friend, go up higher; then shalt thou have worship in the presence of them that sit at meat with thee."

Blessings!

Upvote 0

grafted branch

Site Supporter
Feb 21, 2019
Washington
✟260,525.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
My point is that 69 weeks have already passed and 1 week remains yet in the future and no one knows when it shall happen but the Father in heaven (Matthew 24:36). But also from Matthew 24 we know the signs preceding the Day of the Lord.
If the seventieth week is still future then won’t nearly everyone know what day the last day will be once the Daniel 9:27 covenant is confirmed? The last day will be the same day the Daniel 9:27 covenant expires correct?

Upvote 0

Douggg

anytime rapture, non-dispensationalist, futurist
May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟360,005.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
If the seventieth week is still future then won’t nearly everyone know what day the last day will be once the Daniel 9:27 covenant is confirmed? The last day will be the same day the Daniel 9:27 covenant expires correct?
People should know, yes, but since they don't believe they won't know.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

grafted branch

Site Supporter
Feb 21, 2019
Washington
✟260,525.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
People should know, yes, but since they don't believe they won't know.
You don’t have to be a believer to know what the Bible says, if you mention the number 666 I would say most people know that number comes from the Bible. That being said don’t you think even unbelievers will take notice of a seven year covenant?

Upvote 0
Aug 25, 2023
LA
✟2,613.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Let me first mention that many believe that Christ shall come back after a peaceful millennium is completed. The millennium is of course right after the end of Daniel's last week. Now let me quote Hosea 5:13: "When Ephraim (UK and US) saw his sickness, and Judah (present day Israel) saw his wound, then went Ephraim to the Assyrian (European Union) and sent to king Jareb (the last Antichrist future head of EU): yet could he not heal you, nor cure you of your wound. This covenant shall be between UK, US and Judah and European Union in the future at the beginning of Daniel's last week.

Why does the covenant break down? For in Psalm 83 we have many Islamic countries in cahoots with the European Union and US, UK and Israel shall be double crossed. Germans have a habit historically of double crossing and don't forget US has plenty of nukes lodged in Germany and who is to say what shall happen to them in the future? Anyway, let me quote Psalm 83:2-4: "For lo, thine enemies make a tumult; and they that hate thee have lifted up the head. They have taken crafty counsel against thy people, and consulted against thy hidden ones. They have said, Come, and let us cut them off from being a nation; that the name of Israel may be no more in remembrance."

Do you see what is happening? This confederation wants to blot "physical Israel" (US, UK and Israel) and "spiritual Israel" (God's True Church) from the face of the earth forever. THIS IS THE TRUTH OF THE MATTER! Do you know that in Islam they preach that Mohammed is the fulfillment of Old Testament prophecies. They even quote Jeremiah about this!

Now let me also mention that God's Church in Jerusalem in 69 AD heard a supernatural voice asking them to flee Jerusalem and they did flee to Pella (place of safety). We know that later in 70 AD Jerusalem was razed to the ground by Roman troops. This is an example of prophetic duality for the end time fulfillment shall be ahead of us of course. The elect ones shall know when to flee and they shall flee as one lead by a king who shall temporarily occupy the throne of David before Christ comes. This king (or Cyrus otherwise called) is already enthroned even though he might now know it yet. For the British monarchy lost claim to the throne when Queen Elizabeth died.

I leave you with this quote from Habakkuk 1:5: "Behold ye among the heathen, and regard, and wonder marvelously: for I will work a work in your days, which ye will not believe, though it be told you."

Blessings!

Upvote 0

Douggg

anytime rapture, non-dispensationalist, futurist
May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟360,005.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
You don’t have to be a believer to know what the Bible says, if you mention the number 666 I would say most people know that number comes from the Bible. That being said don’t you think even unbelievers will take notice of a seven year covenant?
You mean like the Jews, who will think the prince who shall come is their messiah ? No they are not going to take notice, because the Jews (Judaism) have a sketchy view of Christian eschatology and/or think it is based on fairly tales, i.e. made up stuff coming from the apostles.

The great falling away (from believing Jesus is the messiah) in 2Thessalonians2:3 will be because many Christians will at the time of the Antichrist's initial enbracement by the Jews will think that the Jews were right all along.

It is not a "seven year covenant" in Daniel 9:27, but he (the prince who shall come) confirms the Mt Sinai covenant for 7 years. But most Christians are not aware of Deuteronomy 31:9-13 to know that is where the confirms the Mt Sinai covenant for 7 years, come from.

Most Christians, imo, have been conditioned by popularized bible prophecy teachers over the past fifty years to think that the covenant is a peace treaty involving Israel. And when it turns out not to be a peace treaty - the Jews (Judaism) will say - "see, we told you so. The messianic age has now begun."

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Aug 25, 2023
LA
✟2,613.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I think that many people focus too much on Daniel's last week events and fulfillment of prophecies without understanding that when the last week is done the birth pangs are over and in the millennium the elect shall be newly born of spirit as Sons Of God. For it says plainly in 1 Corinthians 15:50 "Now this I say brethren that flesh and blood cannot inherit the Kingdom of God, neither doth corruption inherit incorruption."

So there is no point to discuss the timing and fulfillment of end time prophecies and their application to us without understanding the great potential that the Almighty has in store for us AFTER THAT. Truly, in Revelation 20:6 we have the first resurrection at the beginning of the millennium. Once the millennium is over we have the second resurrection. All that I have written above in these posts mainly concerns those who belong to the Church of Philadelphia for that is where you find the Key Of David and those people belong to the first resurrection. When these people who belong to the Church of Philadelphia flee to safety then the daily or continual shall cease for 3.5 years for they shall not spread God's work anymore around the world and the famine in Amos 8:12 shall ensue. This also implies that in order to be of the elect that flee to safety you also have to understand what it means to be part of the Kingdom Of God first of all.

Regardless, in Luke 21:36 it states: "Watch ye therefore and pray always that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things...". Well anyone watching the world news is seeing EU developing its own strategic autonomy with Germany and France leading the pack especially since they realize US cannot be trusted anymore as a strategic military ally. It all points to a last revival of the Holy Roman Empire in the future. And this empire is led by a counterfeit version of Christianity practiced in Europe with its center in the Vatican.

Now with respect to the covenant of Daniel 9:27 - from 1 Samuel 18:3 we have a covenant between David and Jonathan. So nowhere in the Bible it states that necessarily God is one side of the covenant. Also from Hosea 10:1-7 we have Israel making a false covenant and it shall lead to a present to king Jareb (the future Antichrist or leader of EU). Nowhere in history we know of a king Jareb so he is still to come - keep watching.

I hope this helps!

Upvote 0

David Kent

Continuing Historicist
Aug 24, 2017
Ashford Kent
✟116,777.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Conservative
No, because the last week is not future. That is a futurist falacy.

Upvote 0