The Russian Orthodox parish in Rome, a common look to the current problems...

Stars of the Pharaohs

May God and Her Majesty be with you...
Aug 17, 2012
✟339.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The Russian Orthodox Church and the Catholic Church have shared friendly relations for years. In 2007, those relations took another step forward with the completion of the Church of St. Catherine of Alexandria. Located in Rome, it has the typical appearance of many Russian Orthodox churches. With this new church, the relations between Moscow and Rome not only include words, but they are now close enough to look upon one another...

.​

Franze

Veteran
May 10, 2005
✟2,139.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I am very near to the orthodox brothers and the relations have got better and this is good, the last agreements between catholic church in Poland and Orthodox Church in Russia are very possitive, the historic leaks are deep and painful, but we have a lot of problems and circunstances now.

Upvote 0

rusmeister

A Russified American Orthodox Chestertonian
Dec 9, 2005
Eastern Europe
Visit site
✟435,670.00
Country
Montenegro
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Well, the piece is a little too "golly gee" in playing down the differences, but I do think it's nice when progress is made on friendly relations. I see Catholics much more as allies than opposition, but we do have to be clear about the differences that separate us.

Reactions: Macarius
Upvote 0

ArmyMatt

Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,466,917.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I do think it's nice when progress is made on friendly relations. I see Catholics much more as allies than opposition, but we do have to be clear about the differences that separate us.

amen to that!

Upvote 0