anytown
✟24,659.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
The problem with that is a zillion people have thought they have that oblation, so finding the right one is like finding a needle in a haystack.

And what about all the different formulas for just coming up with 2040? Which one of those is one to choose from?

Seems to me considering all that the total confusion and uncertainty generated by hundreds of date setters, date setting is probably Devil's playground.

I believe that many have set dates that really do believe in those dates and then they didn't happen. And I know why in many cases as to why that happens. And you will see it reach a peak around 2030 and many shall be let down. I've been wrong about many things I have studied and thought were sure. But I know that the prophecies are out there predicting that coming. I believe the information is there to be found. And I believe that the devil wants there to be wrong dates and doesn't want you to find the true date. The devil wants people to be discourage from seeking it.

Upvote 0

Strong in Him

Great is thy faithfulness
Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,054,405.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
But what if the Father reveals the date to someone,
He won't.
He knows human nature. If he were to reveal a date, a) the person could become puffed up with pride, b) people might think they didn't have to bother until a few weeks before that date, c) the vast majority of Christians would know the verse "no one knows the day nor hour".
Also, as I said, 2040 may seem quite far off, but how many folk here will be around then and if they are and Jesus hasn't returned, how many will demand that you give an explanation for your false teaching?
I suspect, none or very few - which allows you to say more or less what you like, knowing that you won't have to explain yourself.

Upvote 0

Strong in Him

Great is thy faithfulness
Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,054,405.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The devil wants people to be discourage from seeking it.
As I have said, no, he doesn't.
I can almost guarantee that if you told a non Christian that Jesus was returning in 2040, they'd say either "well I'll think about it in 2039 then", or dismiss it out of hand.
The devil doesn't want people to think about Jesus at all. Once non Christians start considering Jesus and his return, they are more likely to want to repent and be ready. Satan doesn't want to lose anyone to God.

Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

May God be with you and bless you.
Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟608,466.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
He won't.
He knows human nature. If he were to reveal a date, a) the person could become puffed up with pride, b) people might think they didn't have to bother until a few weeks before that date, c) the vast majority of Christians would know the verse "no one knows the day nor hour".
Also, as I said, 2040 may seem quite far off, but how many folk here will be around then and if they are and Jesus hasn't returned, how many will demand that you give an explanation for your false teaching?
I suspect, none or very few - which allows you to say more or less what you like, knowing that you won't have to explain yourself.
He will be proven wrong when Christ's return in 2024 comes true.

Upvote 0

cfposter

Apr 9, 2021
anytown
✟24,659.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Well that poster was banned and once you're banned, you're not allowed to come back, especially with the same shtick that was locked.
No I wasn't banned. I asked for my account to be disabled when I left previously.

Upvote 0

cfposter

Apr 9, 2021
anytown
✟24,659.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
He won't.

But the verse you quote says not even the Son knows the date. That is talking about Jesus. So what is your reasoning as to why Jesus wouldn't get to know the date? It was Jesus that said the following:

Luk_14:28 For which of you, intending to build a tower, sitteth not down first, and counteth the cost, whether he have sufficient to finish it?

Don't you think the person coming to usher in the Kingdom of God upon earth in Glory and Power would be in the KNOW regarding the date?

Upvote 0

cfposter

Apr 9, 2021
anytown
✟24,659.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
As I have said, no, he doesn't.
I can almost guarantee that if you told a non Christian that Jesus was returning in 2040, they'd say either "well I'll think about it in 2039 then", or dismiss it out of hand.
The devil doesn't want people to think about Jesus at all. Once non Christians start considering Jesus and his return, they are more likely to want to repent and be ready. Satan doesn't want to lose anyone to God.
My message is not for those that are "Christians", naysayers or other unbelievers. My message is for those seeking that day.

Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟608,466.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I want others to know how nobody here is really concerned about the message other than it contains a date. And nobody can provide proof that we cannot know the date today.
I'd say that a zillion people having gotten it wrong is a pretty good indicator. And also why most don't take it the least bit seriously. It's long since become the epitome of crying wolf.

Upvote 0

cfposter

Apr 9, 2021
anytown
✟24,659.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
My message is not for those that are "Christians", naysayers or other unbelievers. My message is for those seeking that day.

I should add, that the message of the date prevails to those that God desires to know. The Devil can't stop it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

cfposter

Apr 9, 2021
anytown
✟24,659.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I'd say that a zillion people having gotten it wrong is a pretty good indicator. And also why most don't take it the least bit seriously. It's long since become the epitome of crying wolf.
I'm not trying to convince YOU. I'm not trying to convince anyone. I'm a believer that God creates the atheist as much as He creates the believer. Therefore, if your a naysayer in this regard, then I believe it was purposed and I appreciate God for having you as a naysayer as I do for there being an atheist. I get what He is doing here.

Upvote 0

One God and Father of All

Apr 20, 2018
Wilmington, DE
✟18,183.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I checked out both of those links. Regarding the book. I wouldn't sell this information. I'm against Prophecy for Profits. As for the second link, I may have seen that link before or something similar but that person is saying that Jesus must return BY 2040. I'm saying that He will not return until 2040 and WILL return in 2040.
Therefore know that the Lord your God, He is God, the faithful God who keeps covenant and mercy for a thousand generations with those who love Him and keep His commandments (Deu 7:9)

14He is the Lord our God;
His judgments are in all the earth.
15Remember His covenant forever,
The word which He commanded, for a thousand generations,
16The covenant which He made with Abraham,
And His oath to Isaac,
17And confirmed it to Jacob for a statute,
To Israel for an everlasting covenant, (1 Chr 16:14-17)

7He is the Lord our God;
8He remembers His covenant forever,
9The covenant which He made with Abraham,
And His oath to Isaac, (Psa 105:7-9)

From Abraham to David are 14 generations. From David to the carrying away to Babylon are 14 generations. From carrying away into Babylon to Christ are 14 generations. That’s 42 of the thousand generations since the covenant made with Abraham to Christ first appearance.

How many generations have passed since Christ first appearing?

The covenant made with Abraham will last until Christ reign over his kingdom for a thousand years has ended. But those generations will be shorter because it’s said:

19 I will rejoice in Jerusalem,
And joy in My people;
The voice of weeping shall no longer be heard in her,
Nor the voice of crying.
20“No more shall an infant from there live but a few days,
Nor an old man who has not fulfilled his days;
For the child shall die one hundred years old,
But the sinner being one hundred years old shall be accursed.( Isa 65:29-20)

42 generations from Christ first appearing to now are how many generations?
How many generations are counted in his thousand year reign til the end?

if there are to be fewer generations during Christ reign, then the thousand years of his reign would be different and shorter then the generations from Christ til now.

Reactions: Ceallaigh
Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟608,466.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'm not trying to convince YOU. I'm not trying to convince anyone. I'm a believer that God creates the atheist as much as He creates the believer. Therefore, if your a naysayer in this regard, then I believe it was purposed and I appreciate God for having you as a naysayer as I do for there being an atheist. I get what He is doing here.
Right so the naysayer to your prediction is on the same level as an atheist. I think the main reason why people think God is telling them something He hasn't ever told anyone else is because they have a massive ego.

Upvote 0

pgp_protector

Noted strange person
Dec 17, 2003
Earth For Now
Visit site
✟393,780.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
If that date were to pass such that this world exists afterwards, it would be my children getting the possessions, property, etc. They don't believe either (at least for now).
It's amazing how every person that makes a prediction refuses this deal.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

cfposter

Apr 9, 2021
anytown
✟24,659.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Therefore know that the Lord your God, He is God, the faithful God who keeps covenant and mercy for a thousand generations with those who love Him and keep His commandments (Deu 7:9)

14He is the Lord our God;
15Remember His covenant forever,
16The covenant which He made with Abraham,
And His oath to Isaac,
17And confirmed it to Jacob for a statute,
To Israel for an everlasting covenant, (1 Chr 16:14-17)

7He is the Lord our God;
8He remembers His covenant forever,
9The covenant which He made with Abraham,
And His oath to Isaac, (Psa 105:7-9)

From Abraham to David are 14 generations. From David to the carrying away to Babylon are 14 generations. From carrying away into Babylon to Christ are 14 generations. That’s 42 of the thousand generations since the covenant made with Abraham to Christ first appearance.

How many generations have passed since Christ first appearing?

The covenant made with Abraham will last until Christ reign over his kingdom for a thousand years has ended. But those generations will be shorter because it’s said:

19 I will rejoice in Jerusalem,
And joy in My people;
The voice of weeping shall no longer be heard in her,
Nor the voice of crying.
20“No more shall an infant from there live but a few days,
Nor an old man who has not fulfilled his days;
For the child shall die one hundred years old,
But the sinner being one hundred years old shall be accursed.( Isa 65:29-20)

42 generations from Christ first appearing to now are how many generations?
How many generations are counted in his thousand year reign til the end?

if there are to be fewer generations during Christ reign, then the thousand years of his reign would be different and shorter then the generations from Christ til now.

I don't believe it is meant to mean a literal 1000 generations. I believe that it was inferring to the extremity of the generations. They only had the aleph in Paleo Hebrew for that.

Upvote 0

cfposter

Apr 9, 2021
anytown
✟24,659.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Right so the naysayer to your prediction is on the same level as an atheist. I think the main reason why people think God is telling them something He hasn't ever told anyone else is because they have a massive ego.
Not sure what you mean by prediction here. I believe that God is responsible for the atheist being an atheist and the naysayer being a naysayer.

As for the ego issue, this is often I believe why so many resort to the fallacy of attacking the messenger instead of the message.

Upvote 0

cfposter

Apr 9, 2021
anytown
✟24,659.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
It's amazing how every person that makes a prediction refuses this deal.
Let's see if you refuse this one. You give me a loan for $1,000,000 and I'll pay you back with 50% interest in 2041. How does that sound?

Of course, I don't mean this as I wouldn't take advantage of you like that.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

One God and Father of All

Apr 20, 2018
Wilmington, DE
✟18,183.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0