The Question with only one answer.

SBfaithful

Mar 11, 2003
Houston
Visit site
✟393.00
Faith
Baptist
I am going to make this short and sweet.

NOTHING=NOTHING

All the Big Bang theory would have to do is say that god created the BANG!

I would be sold.

I have studied the theory of the Big Bang in Astronomy
The theory starts with matter.

Who created the matter?
Or my favorite one:

WHO CREATED THE SPACE FOR THE MATTER TO EXIST IN?

NOTHING=NOTHING

All this makes it easy for me to say there is a God.
I have read many of the debates here and I am fascinated with the knowledge of some of the members at this forum.

Could someone dare say that something came from nothing?

Arikay

HI
Jan 23, 2003
Visit site
✟28,817.00
Faith
Taoist
Im not completly versed in the big bang, but a couple of things.

The big bang theory says that space and time was created by the big bang. It wasnt just a big explosion of matter but of the universe itself.

NOTHING=NOTHING

One of the hypothesis is that for every energy there is an oposite energy to counteract it. So that the total amount of energy in the universe is equal to zero. So the universe is just a complex way of saying zero, or Nothing. :)

But you are right, since the big bang created both space and time, it is Impossible for current science to know what happend before the big bang. :)

1st April 2003 at 09:17 PM SBfaithful said this in Post #1

I am going to make this short and sweet.

NOTHING=NOTHING

All the Big Bang theory would have to do is say that god created the BANG!

I would be sold.

I have studied the theory of the Big Bang in Astronomy
The theory starts with matter.

Who created the matter?
Or my favorite one:

NOTHING=NOTHING

All this makes it easy for me to say there is a God.
I have read many of the debates here and I am fascinated with the knowledge of some of the members at this forum.

Upvote 0

Pete Harcoff

PeteAce - In memory of WinAce
Jun 30, 2002
✟9,874.00
Faith
Other Religion
Aside from your strawman verion of the Big Bang theory (are you sure you studied it?), what you are saying is that since science can't offer you all the answers, you believe in God. I dunno, that sounds like theologically unsound reason for Godly belief, but that's just me.

Upvote 0

SBfaithful

Mar 11, 2003
Houston
Visit site
✟393.00
Faith
Baptist
2nd April 2003 at 05:26 AM Arikay said this in Post #2

Im not completly versed in the big bang, but a couple of things.

The big bang theory says that space and time was created by the big bang. It wasnt just a big explosion of matter but of the universe itself.

NOTHING=NOTHING

One of the hypothesis is that for every energy there is an oposite energy to counteract it. So that the total amount of energy in the universe is equal to zero. So the universe is just a complex way of saying zero, or Nothing. :)

But you are right, since the big bang created both space and time, it is Impossible for current science to know what happend before the big bang. :)

If the universe itself exploded, who created the universe?
Who created the space for the universe to exist in?

Upvote 0

SBfaithful

Mar 11, 2003
Houston
Visit site
✟393.00
Faith
Baptist
2nd April 2003 at 05:31 AM Pete Harcoff said this in Post #3

Aside from your strawman verion of the Big Bang theory (are you sure you studied it?), what you are saying is that since science can't offer you all the answers, you believe in God. I dunno, that sounds like theologically unsound reason for Godly belief, but that's just me.
You and the strawman thing.
Yes I'm sure I studied it.
They failed to explain how the matter came about.

If you can picture nothing. Truly picture nothing, then explain to me how something came from nothing without God being involved.

The Bible teaches faith.
If all the answers were laid out before us, there would be no reason for faith.

I don't base my belief in God on this.

How can you deny the existence of a creator?
Tell how something comes from nothing.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

madarab

Nov 15, 2002
Visit site
✟15,835.00
Faith
Atheist
The question of why there is something instead of nothing is one of the more serious questions in science for the 21st century. It's not possible to say whether or not science will ever answer this question (or really any other unanswered question), but it has a pretty good track record on this kind of thing. The answers to previously unanswered questions gave us thermodynamics, relativity and quantum mechanics.

Upvote 0

Arikay

HI
Jan 23, 2003
Visit site
✟28,817.00
Faith
Taoist
ok, here we go

0 (nothing) = (6+40/4)(12+70-50) + (12)(-10) - (10+60(3)) - (100*2) -4/2 (something)

:)

One hypothesis is that ever positve has a negitive, so the universe is really a complex nothing. So something really doesnt need to come from nothing. :)

1st April 2003 at 09:40 PM SBfaithful said this in Post #5

You and the strawman thing.
Yes I'm sure I studied it.
They failed to explain how the matter came about.

If you can picture nothing. Truly picture nothing, then explain to me how something came from nothing without God being involved.

The Bible teaches faith.
If all the answers were laid out before us, there would be no reason for faith.

I don't base my belief in God on this.

How can you deny the existence of a creator?
Tell how something comes from nothing.

Upvote 0

Follower of Christ

Literal 6 Day Creationist<br />''An Evening and a
Mar 12, 2003
✟7,754.00
Faith
Christian
2nd April 2003 at 01:01 AM Arikay said this in Post #13

ok, here we go

0 (nothing) = (6+40/4)(12+70-50) + (12)(-10) - (10+60(3)) - (100*2) -4/2 (something)

One hypothesis is that ever positve has a negitive, so the universe is really a complex nothing. So something really doesnt need to come from nothing. :)

Well, I aint the brightest bulb in the pack, but I think the math may be out of its league here.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Cantuar

Forever England
Jul 15, 2002
Visit site
✟8,889.00
Faith
Agnostic
The only answer for the Big Bang would be the existence of a deity.

The Big Bang is science. Science doesn't say anything, one way or the other, about deities.

Nothing=Nothing

Well, I seem to remember reading that there's both positive and negative energy in the universe and that if summed together, it does in fact equal zero. So perhaps what we have here really is nothing, but with the positive and negative bits separated. and the matter making up the galaxies is just the positive bits of the overall nothing. You know, (+10) + (-10) = 0, and we're the +10. Would that be a reasonable alternative to "there must be a God"?

...no, I didn't think so, somehow; "there must be a God" is the point of the question, isn't it? If it wasn't the Big Bang, it'd be something else.

Upvote 0

SBfaithful

Mar 11, 2003
Houston
Visit site
✟393.00
Faith
Baptist
2nd April 2003 at 06:01 AM Arikay said this in Post #13

ok, here we go

you got me on the math as FoC says it is out of my league.

Every positive has a negative. OK
Where did either of these come from?

The universe is a complex nothing? That sounds like a pun to me.

&nbsp;

&nbsp;

Upvote 0

JohnR7

Feb 9, 2002
Ohio
✟29,532.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
2nd April 2003 at 12:17 AM SBfaithful said this in Post #1

John 1:1&nbsp; In the beginning was the Word (logos), and the Word (logos) was with God, and the Word (logos) was God.

At first there was a divine thought, and that divine thought took on divine expression. God spoke creation into existance. The divine word of God has creative power.

Genesis 1:3&nbsp; And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.

Even our words can be more powerful than a lot of people think.

Matthew 12:37&nbsp; For by your words you will be justified, and by your words you will be condemned."

We will be either justified before God, or condemned based on our words. If we speak the word of truth or not.

&nbsp;

&nbsp;

&nbsp;

Upvote 0