The purpose and meaning of life... What is our function...? What should we be doing...?

Inkfingers

Somebody's heretic
Site Supporter
May 17, 2014
✟160,762.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Now, if God would tell us all specifically how to do it all, and how to set it all up and make it happen, that would be great indeed... There may be a time coming when we think the answer to this is, to "model it" and make it, after what has already been done, in say the OT, perhaps, figuring out how to incorporate what's in it, to our modern day times and era...

There some truth in that there scene...not bad for a bit of fiction.

It isn't about "saving God" of course that isn't needed even in the slightest... It's about "what do we do" about ourselves, until he comes... Is he going to tell us all directly and specifically, (It would be great if he did, but, is he really going to...?) or are we left to ourselves and our own means...? Until he comes, not just in spirit, as he is now, but physically...

God Bless!

The 'saving God' bit comes when we think we have to sort the universe out rather than just trusting God to know what he's doing.

All we have to learn to do is surrended all that we are to God, and then let him take the lead - but we resist that, wanting to know the plan so that we get to choose how to implement it. Silly humans.

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,097.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate

There some truth in that there scene...not bad for a bit of fiction.

The 'saving God' bit comes when we think we have to sort the universe out rather than just trusting God to know what he's doing.

All we have to learn to do is surrended all that we are to God, and then let him take the lead - but we resist that, wanting to know the plan so that we get to choose how to implement it. Silly humans.
Yes, that scene is a lot like the Holy Spirit I think, not "exactly", but kinda "like", trusting in his leading and guidance moment by moment, not trying to pre-plan, or pre-think it all out... Definitely something I need to learn...

I Love Star Wars... I think I'm gonna start, well, I do actually and am learning to do that more and more in my life, I still need more practice and experience though... I think I'm going to go back to the default of just loving people, and listening to him about how to add and "contribute in a positive way and manner in the world in which I live." With the people in it, by and with Love in mind also, when I'm out, not over thinking or pre-planning a lot, but just listening and trusting to promptings and guidance and direction in that...

On here though, I don't really think or pre-plan a lot at all, I often just listen to, type and post whatever is "coming to me" praying before, afterward, and sometimes during, only thinking "in the moment" believing he is with me and guiding and helping me with it... Sometimes I'll think of something to say, and I'll hear in the next moment, kinda like, a new thing come to me instead, that's even better, as if someone is saying to "No, not that, why don't you try this instead." Kinda thing... And it's usually not only even better than what I thought, or had in mind, but is often surprising and very new to me when and if I re-read it... Anyways, I gabbering...

God Bless!

Reactions: Inkfingers
Upvote 0

alex2165

Jan 2, 2014
✟11,292.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I asked myself same question before, “What the purpose of our life is, and why we have been created?”

And by studying the Bible I found an answer to my question.

Before the physical world and humans have been created, GOD created numerous angels of different kinds, and only the world existed at that time was the spiritual world of the spirits, the servants of the Lord.

Why GOD made decision to create a physical world and the physical human kind much inferior to the spiritual angels He had created?

Perhaps answer lies in the division of the angels when the Satan, also called as the Lucifer decided to be a god himself and have own servants and subjects like the Lord GOD Who created him.

This causes the deep division between GOD and the separated angels under leadership of the Satan.

In this action of His angels GOD saw imperfection of their loyalty, which is revealed itself in disloyalty to Him, and the challenge to His authority by His Own creations that rebelled against Him.

Now the goal of GOD at this moment was to create creatures much inferior to angels and then test their loyalty to Him by confining their spirits (souls) into physical bodies which were placed in the physical environment He created for them.

The point is that those who created almost perfect and have no need in anything and immortal in their nature fail the Lord and took stand against Him Who gave them immortality and eternal life by default still fail Him, how much more loyal and faithful would be those who have been created imperfect, mortal, weak, with very short spend of life who do not fail the Lord and stand by His side to the end, enduring all the calamities and temptations of the Satan and experiences all the pain and suffering of the diseases and illnesses and the death of the physical bodies of which the perfectly created angels know nothing about it.

Of course, those who are created imperfect and despite all the tribulations of life on Earth stand firm with the Lord even to the point of death, surely they never would fail the Lord in Heaven being perfect in their spirits, immortal, and loyal and faithful to the Lord forever, compare to the perfect angels who do not experienced nothing what we experienced here on Earth and still miserably fail the Lord in the loyalty and appreciation for the immortal life that He gave to them.

Basically, those who pass the test on Earth will replace those fallen angels who fail the Lord, and GOD will have the most dedicated and loyal angels to Him He ever had, as it is written that the Lord will exalt the humble and weak and will humiliate and put down the proud, arrogant, and haughty.

So I think this is the purpose of our creation and our lives, to be dedicated, loyal, and faithful to Him to the end of our life here on Earth, as written in Revelation, to receive at the end the Crown of Life.

Job 4.18
Words of Eliphas to Job.

18.Even in His servants He puts no trust and His angels He charged with error,

1Corinthians 6.3

3.Do you not know that we are to judge angels, to say nothing of ordinary matters?

2Peter 2.4.10-11

4.If GOD did not spare angels when they sinned but cast them into hell and committed them to pits of darkness reserved for judgment (Isaiah 24.21-22),

Jude 1.6

6.And the angels who did not kept their own position but left their proper dwelling, He has kept in eternal chains, in deepest darkness for the judgment of the Great Day.

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,097.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Lucifer, nor any of the angels, did not rebel until man was created and their decision to rebel and try to overthrow God, was involved in taking Adam's position, which is why God cast those angels down to be confined to the earth and mankind out of the garden... Adam actually ruled over angels, or more appropriately perhaps, not "ruled over" (for he did not dominate them) but had peaceful fellowship with angelic spirits inhabiting the animals back then, which was and has been their proper dwelling places from the beginning... But, ruled and reigned "with" them...

Man became like beast, after the fall, their personalities became like beasts, more limited than they were before, which was like God before... The angels were not created like God, like Adam was, before the fall, but had personalities, more limited to, and more specific, and for a more specific role, than Adam's was, some of the Angels saw this as the opportunity to take what Adam had, and overthrow God with it...

The angels that did this were cast out of heaven to be confined to the earth, and man, lost the state he had, and was cast out of the Garden also... This is why Jesus is referred to as the "last Adam" and why in the gospels, he uses the parable in (Matthew 21:38) (Mark 12:7) (Luke 20:14) "This is the heir, come, let us kill him and get his inheritance." (his position, his power and authority) take his place and overthrow God with it... Adam was the original "Son of Man, and Son of God"... Jesus became, was born to be, the last, becoming like Adam was, after his baptism, climbing up to, after his death and resurrection, (I know, that takes some explaining) to being "One" with God himself again, as he was in the very beginning before creation began...

In Revelation, is the call to 'repent" addressed to the people, or because the letters seemed to be addressed to the "angels" over them, is the call to "repent" addressed to men or angels...?

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Question ?

Oct 3, 2016
Miami beach,Fla
✟15,508.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
I learned why we are here the hard way. Ask many questions and got many questions back but not the ones I was looking for. As a sinner, I sinned and thought nothing about, then I was saved and now ask questions of what do I do now? The answer overwhelmed me, which said "I was born to serve God".

Upvote 0

Question ?

Oct 3, 2016
Miami beach,Fla
✟15,508.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
I learned why we are here the hard way. Ask many questions and got many questions back, but not the ones I was looking for. As a sinner, I sinned and thought nothing about, then I was saved and now ask questions of what do I do now? The answer overwhelmed me, which said, "I was born to serve God". Think on it. Your thoughts, please. name-one

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,097.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
How does one go about serving God?

What does it mean to serve God?
Simple, doing anything that is in his will, for himself and/or for your life, and there is a lot included in this, and you actually have many different choices, if you think about it... Like me, you may want to try to do it all, but you will not be able to do it all, which is fine with God, and he understands perfectly that you cannot do it all... Just do what you can and what you will, that is in his will, and be satisfied with that and he will be satisfied and pleased with you as well...

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Basil the Great

Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2009
✟721,243.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Green
I recall watching a television news program a few years ago about a former cop who became a Catholic priest after he retired from the force. He explained that it was his view that the purpose of this life is to determine where each of us will go in the afterlife. It seems to me that had it right.

Upvote 0