The Pope is scheduled to have an interdenominal faith service in Israel soon.

Autumnleaf

Legend
Jun 18, 2005
✟33,297.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
My protestant friends say he will be crowned Vicar of the new world religion. What do you say?

I mean no disrespect. My friends say this is Biblical prophecy.

Catholic Moderators, please edit this or delete this as you please if you find it errant. From what I understand the new Pope has been different and maybe this would be a good thing. I don't know. I'm just asking.

Rhamiel

Member of the Round Table
Nov 11, 2006
ohio
✟241,111.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
we do not want a "new religion"

we have a very old religion, but we like it a lot, we see no reason to start a new religion when the one we have made by Jesus

also, if this is some kind of theory about the "Anti-Christ" then you have nothing to worry about
read what the Bible says about the Anti-Christ, he is a man of sin, a man of lawlessness who hates all authority above him and seeks to raise himself above all others

but the very title "Vicar" means deputy or similar to an ambassador
a Vicar is not an authority in and of himself, but rather he gets his authority from someone else
that is not something the Anti-Christ would like

now if your comment had nothing to do with the Anti-Christ, well then I am sorry for reading too much into your post
it is just something I have heard before

Upvote 0

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
My protestant friends say he will be crowned Vicar of the new world religion. What do you say?
Oh my goodness! I really did LOL!!!! What a riot. If you believe this, I have some swampland in Florida to sell ya! My dear, the Pope is the quintessential Catholic -- that's why he's the Pope.

Reactions: Rhamiel
Upvote 0