Visit site
✟435,670.00
Country
Montenegro
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I don't know which I'm shocked more about?---the fact that I haven't seen this movie OR that Rus actually liked a movie? Confused....bewildered....^_^:p

Think of me like Mikey in the old "Life" commercial (for those of us old enough to remember it).
"He likes it! Hey, Mikey!!!"

Upvote 0
Oct 15, 2008
Central California
✟274,079.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
While ordering the first season of "Person of Interest" on dvd tonight from Amazon.com, I threw in the Iron Giant, too, based on your recommendation, Rus. It was $5.00 BRAND NEW lol.....

See how open I am to your recommendations when you poo-poo all mine! LOL

Think of me like Mikey in the old "Life" commercial (for those of us old enough to remember it).
"He likes it! Hey, Mikey!!!"

Upvote 0

rusmeister

A Russified American Orthodox Chestertonian
Dec 9, 2005
Eastern Europe
Visit site
✟435,670.00
Country
Montenegro
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
While ordering the first season of "Person of Interest" on dvd tonight from Amazon.com, I threw in the Iron Giant, too, based on your recommendation, Rus. It was $5.00 BRAND NEW lol.....

See how open I am to your recommendations when you poo-poo all mine! LOL

When your kids are old enough to appreciate it! (Remember, ages seven and under is rated PG, rated R for four-year olds (a few frightening scenes).

Upvote 0
Oct 15, 2008
Central California
✟274,079.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Bahhh, they'll be fine. For a guy who doesn't trust society and the system, I'm shocked you'd trust the ratings system! :p

When your kids are old enough to appreciate it! (Remember, ages seven and under is rated PG, rated R for four-year olds (a few frightening scenes).

Upvote 0

rusmeister

Dec 9, 2005
Eastern Europe
Visit site
✟435,670.00
Country
Montenegro
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Bahhh, they'll be fine. For a guy who doesn't trust society and the system, I'm shocked you'd trust the ratings system! :p
I don't. I'm just using its language to communicate what I mean.

Upvote 0

ArmyMatt

Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,466,914.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I don't know which I'm shocked more about?---the fact that I haven't seen this movie OR that Rus actually liked a movie? Confused....bewildered....^_^:p

not only that, but a sci fi cartoon movie......? what?!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Oct 15, 2008
Central California
✟274,079.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
My "Iron Giant" dvd copy came today from Amazon.com

I was thinking it might have a note in it: "From Rusmeister with Love!"

LOL

I was wondering what Rus would say when he found out that Pete Townshend directed that movie!!! LOL!

Upvote 0

rusmeister

Dec 9, 2005
Eastern Europe
Visit site
✟435,670.00
Country
Montenegro
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
My "Iron Giant" dvd copy came today from Amazon.com

I was thinking it might have a note in it: "From Rusmeister with Love!"

LOL

I was wondering what Rus would say when he found out that Pete Townshend directed that movie!!! LOL!

:)
According to what I read, Pete T co-produced, and Brad Bird directed.

Hope you like it!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

MKJ

Contributor
Jul 6, 2009
East
✟23,894.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
This is a lovely movie. It reminds me in many ways of E.T..

It is something that some younger kids might find a bit scary or too much. In my family, my younger kids would be ok with it, but not my oldest. She isn't scared of violence really or even scary things like werewolves and such - its the strong emotional content that would be too much for her.

If people are interesting in nice, not so often seen movies for kids, a few I would recommend are The Secret of Roan Inish, and The Snowman.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Oct 15, 2008
Central California
✟274,079.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
To quote the great Steve Martin, "well exccccccccccyyuuuuuuuse me!" LOL

No, I was kidding you because you always say we pretty much shouldn't trust anything coming out of Hollywood or the media because they're not Christians themselves making these things and their purpose and endgame as well as their motives are suspect. You always talk about how we shouldn't look at something made by these moderns as good because there is a hidden agenda and Christian Orthodox folks aren't guiding the project kind of talk. I was pointing out Townshend's involvement (and most likely the majority of the makers of it are atheists! LOL), and it's interesting how a Christian moral came through and my brother Rus is ok with the film!

As MKJ said, it reminds of E.T.....Oh no! E.T.! Father Serphim Rose! AAAAHHH! :p

I thought the Iron Giant was ok. It wasn't splendid or out of this world, but it was cute (despite some rough language that was quite unnecessary imho) and I liked the theme of us all being able to choose who we are, not being doomed to a predestined genetic default (i.e. the gay agenda). I liked that and it gave me some teachable moments after the dvd was over to talk with my 3 kiddos. It was cute. Luke especially LOVED it. Luke's my eldest and he's OBSESSED with robots! He drew I.G. all day long after that on his sketchpads.

I saw on there "produced by Pete Townshend" and I SWEAR I thought, "oh boy, I bet Rus nails me for saying DIRECTED BY and sure as Gehenna I was right!!!" LOL!

:)
According to what I read, Pete T co-produced, and Brad Bird directed.

Hope you like it!

Upvote 0
Oct 15, 2008
Central California
✟274,079.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
My no mention of Pulp Fiction or Reservoir Dogs, Meghan? :p

It is something that some younger kids might find a bit scary or too much. In my family, my younger kids would be ok with it, but not my oldest. She isn't scared of violence really or even scary things like wearwolves and such - its the strong emotional content that would be too much for her.

If people are interesting in nice, not so often seen movies for kids, a few I would recommend are The Secret of Roan Inish, and The Snowman.

Upvote 0

rusmeister

Dec 9, 2005
Eastern Europe
Visit site
✟435,670.00
Country
Montenegro
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married

It is something that some younger kids might find a bit scary or too much. In my family, my younger kids would be ok with it, but not my oldest. She isn't scared of violence really or even scary things like wearwolves and such - its the strong emotional content that would be too much for her.

Yes, exactly. I warned about frightening content for little ones.

Haven't seen Roan Inish, but the Snowman is great for the tiny ones - and, having no language at all if you don't count the solo piece, it requires no knowledge of Englsh.

But my interest in the Iron Giant is its almost overt Christian and Orthodox content, while remaining just under the radar screen.

Upvote 0

Dylan Michael

Senior Veteran
Jul 15, 2010
Central Florida
✟22,692.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I watched it once when I was a young tot. All I remember is that I hated it. :p

As for ET, I hated that too. It creeped me out. (And still does.) Mostly his fingers. And the scene with the scientists.

Wreck it Ralph is one of my favorites.

Upvote 0