The only peace is waiting until my dad passes away. What a shame.

Lady Bug

Thankful For My Confirmation
Site Supporter
Aug 23, 2007
✟785,148.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Hi, I don't really like to make threads about this anymore because I feel that no one will notice them, but there has come a point for me where I no longer have the ambition to hope for my dad to stop hounding me about my faith - the only hope is for him to pass away and that is very, very sad to say this - I don't want him to pass away because I actually need him, but if he doesn't stop trying to force me to be Muslim instead, I don't know what else to say. Praying for him seems to cause him to act worse. It's an obsession for him that only gets worse over time.

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,675,071.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hi, I don't really like to make threads about this anymore because I feel that no one will notice them, but there has come a point for me where I no longer have the ambition to hope for my dad to stop hounding me about my faith - the only hope is for him to pass away and that is very, very sad to say this - I don't want him to pass away because I actually need him, but if he doesn't stop trying to force me to be Muslim instead, I don't know what else to say. Praying for him seems to cause him to act worse. It's an obsession for him that only gets worse over time.
Just pray. You do not have to tell him that you are. Just do not feed into the situation where it adds fuel to the fire. My recommendation would be the Divine Mercy Chaplet.

Upvote 0

YorkieGal

Glory to God
Sep 6, 2023
USA
✟13,306.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The only thing I can add is that he must really love you or it wouldn't bother him so much. He must think you're worth fighting for even if he's fighting against you. Pray for him and I will pray for you both.

Upvote 0

Lady Bug

Thankful For My Confirmation
Site Supporter
Aug 23, 2007
✟785,148.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
The only thing I can add is that he must really love you or it wouldn't bother him so much. He must think you're worth fighting for even if he's fighting against you. Pray for him and I will pray for you both.
I don't dispute that he loves me but I seriously think it's more about image issues.

Upvote 0

Susie~Q

John 3:16 God bless you.
Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2011
South Island-New Zealand
✟271,990.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Continue to pray for him. I suspect that you can expect a fight as Satan is trying to win his soul, so you will be fighting against the evil one and he doesn't want to let go of your dad. Pray for the power of the Holy Spirit to descend on you and your dad for the strength to fight this, at this point, the Holy Spirit is your best line of defense, without His help, folks are pretty weak.

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,238,371.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
I don't dispute that he loves me but I seriously think it's more about image issues.
Pray and love him. As I know you do. I suspect he has a bit of a war inside of him between Muslim claims and Christian truth that shows up when he tries to make you Muslim again.

• Agree
Reactions: Lady Bug
Upvote 0

mourningdove~

"Pray, and prepare ..."
Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2005
✟440,116.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

That fact that you are still here shows that you are a strong soldier in this spiritual battle you are engaged in with your Dad. This battle has been going on for awhile now, but the Lord is keeping you strong in your faith in Him, despite the many challenges you continue to face. The Lord is your Shield, your Shelter, your Fortress in this battle.

(See Psalm 91)

Your Dad is not the enemy in this battle; your Dad is deceived by what he has been taught in his religion. Our struggle in these spiritual battles is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. That is important for us to remember, and especially when dealing with our loved ones. Your Dad needs Jesus ... like you and I do. Your Dad just doesn't know it yet.

So yes, I would continue to forgive your Dad, pray for him. And you may want to read Psalm 91 daily, to remind yourself of God's assurance of your protection as one who loves Him.
:hibiscus:

Upvote 0