Mar 24, 2013
✟15,182.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
All of you who live the Christian Life, know how often tribulation and adversity come(at least I believe so). How do you manage that obstinate force? The force which if you slowly but intensely work at it you will master it. Is there other things besides Spiritual Warfare? Such things I may be able to obtain at Church? Or something else. I have seen endless miracles, and heard many as well. So what I'm asking is, what methods have you learned to overcome the obstinate overwhelming force which causes me to falter.

ezeric

HE loves me too.
Mar 2, 2010
Canada but really in JESUS! (in HIS Covenant)
Visit site
✟12,835.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So what I'm asking is, what methods have you learned to overcome the obstinate overwhelming force which causes me to falter.

That obstinate overwhelming force is 'me'.

More clearly what the LORD calls the 'sin nature' or 'carnal mind'. Romans 7 talks all about this for example.

You beat it by death...and by faith (since you don't physically kill yourself).

Allowing the LORD by HIS GRACE to change our 'selfishness' - and simply giving up trying and when we do we start dying.

When we die (give up) we get life - resurrected life, abundant life. (HIMSELF).

I have been crucified with CHRIST, never the less - I live!

-eric

Upvote 0
Sep 4, 2011
✟10,276.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Slow and steady faithfulness.

Admission that life is full of pitfalls and loss, and we cannot control all of it.
We have 80 years if we're fortunate, and much of that is not in perfect health or financial security. So we need to create communities of mutual support, where at least we can face this human fragility together.

Tough times come, but seemingly-impossible times also come. We can be resilient if we let go of our pride of doing everything perfectly.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Autumnleaf

Legend
Jun 18, 2005
✟33,297.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
I win by surrendering to reality. In doing that I align my will with God's so that what happens is what I want to happen because its what God evidently wants to happen because its happening.

I try to avoid putting emotional currency on outcomes beyond my control, I have control over myself. If other people, places and things don't go according to what would benefit me I strive to accept that and celebrate it as God's will.

Its an ancient Stoic way of thinking that seems to jive with the Lord's Prayer.

Upvote 0
Oct 7, 2005
✟2,829.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Seek and ye shall find - is a verse that can mean allowing Christ to keep you emotionally at peace at all times, especially those who hurt your feelings with negative words that act like invisible bullets that never stop stinging you once they enter and become like deadly bacteria:.
The verse can also mean a hope or positive goal where Christ is like an infectious spiritual bacteria that infects those around you who want positive results especially with health and safety at home, work or public area such as the shopping mall:.
Another possibility the verse can mean also is the magic or supernatural-like evidence of our most favourite modern inventions - such as the television set, home computer, mobile phone - that never stop remaining the same design as time moves forward where I strongly believe that mankind's questioning about God's creation will unknowingly head towards the answer: God's ultimate supernatural science and technology where every man-made design piece or part that comes from the minerals, metals and chemicals in the very soil that God created:.
There is also one special meaning the verse seems to hint but it requires patience and faith to go together because it can cause frustration when nobody knows when exactly Jesus will return along with the most advanced free-for-all home accommodation: the kingdom of God on a completely newly transformed Earth Rev 21:2
:liturgy:

Upvote 0

aiki

Feb 16, 2007
Winnipeg
✟236,538.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
All of you who live the Christian Life, know how often tribulation and adversity come(at least I believe so). How do you manage that obstinate force? The force which if you slowly but intensely work at it you will master it. Is there other things besides Spiritual Warfare? Such things I may be able to obtain at Church? Or something else. I have seen endless miracles, and heard many as well. So what I'm asking is, what methods have you learned to overcome the obstinate overwhelming force which causes me to falter.
There aren't any tricks or mysterious strategies to dealing with what causes us to falter spiritually, only the truth of God's Word which says:

John 15:4-5
4 Abide in Me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in Me.
5 I am the vine, you are the branches. He who abides in Me, and I in him, bears much fruit; for without Me you can do nothing.

Paul the apostle explains what it means to abide in Christ:

Galatians 2:20
20 I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me.

Romans 6:11-13
11 Likewise you also, reckon yourselves to be dead indeed to sin, but alive to God in Christ Jesus our Lord.
12 Therefore do not let sin reign in your mortal body, that you should obey it in its lusts.
13 And do not present your members as instruments of unrighteousness to sin, but present yourselves to God as being alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness to God.

Romans 12:1-2
1 I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that you present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable to God, which is your reasonable service.
2 And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.

We can only produce more of ourselves. When we work at, or try to be, what only God can make us to be, we must inevitably fail. Our job, really, as believers is to get out of God's way, to submit, to yield, to humble ourselves under His mighty hand and allow Him to work in and through us. Only God can reproduce Himself in us. We must simply be submitted to Him doing so.

Philippians 2:13 (NKJV)
13 for it is God who works in you both to will and to do for His good pleasure.

Selah.

Upvote 0

miss-a

Jul 12, 2009
Snowy Northeast
✟35,831.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Whatever the problem, the solution is always about developing a closer relationship with Jesus, about seeking Him first, something we can all grow in. None of us are in the place where we are perfect at this. But it is always about moving closer to Him. So I find praying for to know and love Him more is a great place to start, because we really don't do it, He does. We have a part, to cooperate, to listen for Him and talk to Him, to play our role in developing the relationship, as we would in any relationship.

Recently while reading Tozer's The Pursuit of God I saw something I hadn't before. When Jesus said to deny ourselves, pick up our crosses, and lose our lives so we could find them, I always took that to mean that I would stop doing worldly things and replace them for godly things. In other words, thought it meant I was to do more for Jesus. But now I realize it means to put down worldly things and attitudes of heart and open up to getting more Jesus, not getting more of His work done. There will be a natural rhythm of His work flowing through me, as my relationship with Him gets deeper. The cart is so often before the horse for us in these cases. It really is Jesus first, knowing Him, truly knowing Him.

Tozer said it way better. The book is a keeper.

Upvote 0

ezeric

HE loves me too.
Mar 2, 2010
Canada but really in JESUS! (in HIS Covenant)
Visit site
✟12,835.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Recently while reading Tozer's The Pursuit of God I saw something I hadn't before. When Jesus said to deny ourselves, pick up our crosses, and lose our lives so we could find them, I always took that to mean that I would stop doing worldly things and replace them for godly things. In other words, thought it meant I was to do more for Jesus. But now I realize it means to put down worldly things and attitudes of heart and open up to getting more Jesus, not getting more of His work done.

Tozer is right on as usual.

And its all about the ONE who did it all for us - our job, resting.
Its a 'Rest Walk'!

There will be a natural rhythm of His work flowing through me, as my relationship with Him gets deeper. The cart is so often before the horse for us in these cases. It really is Jesus first, knowing Him, truly knowing Him.

Tozer said it way better. The book is a keeper.

Paul said "not I, but CHRIST who lives in and through me".
Wonderful the rhythm or as Paul said "keep in step with the SPIRIT" almost like keeping 'in step' while dancing together.

And if it isn't a natural rhythm then it is only vibration.
And vibration will only end in destruction.

Well said miss-a!

-eric

Upvote 0

iambren

Mar 2, 2008
newark, ohio
✟12,121.00
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
You must learn how to suffer. There is no escape in this world and you can't escape it,even if you ARE a child of God.

Think this through: what if everyone who "accepted" Jesus remained in good health,prospered,and never suffered the rest of their life? Think on that,what would be the outcome.

But if you can suffer while holding on to the fact that God exists and still loves you then you increase your faith to self and others.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Ark100

The Lord is my Refuge
Mar 11, 2012
✟10,421.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private

Even before a spiritual warfare or whatever else things will come, The faithful God we serve (Jesus Christ) will let His people (sheep) know beforehand to prepare for it and He will win that battle for them when they also stand with Him in agreement. That is how I know The God I serve. He is VERY faithful.

Its not by our might nor by our power, but by the Spirit of God. Holy Spirit is the only Great Force I know who wins all battles for the children of God. You just have to stand in agreement with Him.

Trusting in Jesus, The Alpha & Omega. Knowing that He is all that matters. Knowing that He is the Pillar that holds my life together, and that is a Pillar that can never be moved, shaken or destroyed. The more you remain in Him, the more you will see more of how great He really is.

There is no other way or method to comabt anything that comes against the children of God except for The Author of our Faith (Jesus), The Word of God (sword of the spirit) and Shield of faith.

Upvote 0

Emmy

Senior Veteran
Feb 15, 2004
✟50,995.00
Faith
Salvation Army
Dear SoapnWater. You had some good advice, and Life is not easy. We know that God is Love, and God made us in His image. I believe we all live in this imperfect world to learn and become as God wants us to be: Love God with all our hearts, with all our souls, and with all our minds. Also: to learn to love
our neighbour i.e. all we know and all we meet, friends and not friends, as we love ourselves.We are given ca. 80 years, to learn to become as God wants us to be. Jesus our Saviour lived among us for ca. 30 years, and showed us what God wants from us: Loving and obedient men and women, to become the
children/sons and daughters which God our Heavenly Father wants to be with for eternity.
None of us have been promised easy lives: we have to experience and learn
from all our adversities: or OBSTINATE FORCE. When we are young we make many mistakes, and then God`s eternal Law of Justice, better known as:
" we reap what we sow," will teach us better. We will have rewards, happy times, and also fitting consequences. God is a righteous Judge, and we all get our fair shares, in good times and in bad times.
Jesus will always help and guide us, we will have to ask God and then thank God. ( Matthew 7: 7-10) Also, Jesus told us in Matthew 22: 35-40:
" The first and great Commandment is: Love God with all our hearts, with all our souls, and with all our minds. The second is like it: Love our neighbour as ourselves." Our Heavenly Father is all Love, and God wants loving sons and daughters all around Him. JESUS IS THE WAY, and Jesus will guide us safely back to where we came from. We might stumble and forget at times, but then we ask God to forgive us, and carry on being God`s Loving men and women. I say this with love, SoapnWater. Greetings from Emmy, your sister in Christ.

Upvote 0