London, UK
✟824,604.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It survives only as a puppet regime, and a vicious and bloodthirsty one at that.

It's not a question of whether US hegemony will weaken, it's a question of how much carnage Washington will inflict on the world trying to hold on to it.

The British and Americans had a similar approach to hegemony. Those who disputed their claims generally were no better eg the Kaiser, Nazis, Communists, Islamists. Fighting for freedom, for freedom of trade and for a rule based order is different than fighting for territorial gain.

This war shows clearly the West defends freedom and sovereignty while it's totalitarian rivals do not.

It would be foolish for China or Russia to challenge the West. An isolationist USA divorced from its allies is a whole different ballgame however.

Upvote 0

Estrid

Feb 10, 2021
Hong Kong
✟151,450.00
Country
Hong Kong
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
In Relationship
No, it's not, especially if the order the USA is establishing is going to be a bad one and based on it's trajectory I see the current order established by the USA to be a bad one. Thus I don't wish for it's preservation and while that may be chaotic I would prefer that the current Leviathan as represented by Washington.

Except when you go against the USA, the USA will simply invade you and kill you. I don't treat Russia or China as Pariahs and nor do i see going to war with them in order to keep them below the USA to be worth it. We are entering a multipolar world and the USA is simply failing to maintain it's status as hegemon. It deserves then, to lose it. The USA will not be able to stop Russia and I don't care. Ukraine becoming another Western Nation is not a good thing, it will become less Orthodox, it will become less Ukrainian and even more corrupt.

I think it's cute that you think the President is in charge of the world instead of the system itself. I don't think Trump or Biden will be able to preserve American hegemony and that's a good thing.
Ok so you're a ideolog.

You should meet my uncle ( do you speak
Cantonese?). He was in the Red Guard.
All his opinions are right too.

Tho he learned that he wasn't a good prophet.

Reactions: mindlight
Upvote 0

Ignatius the Kiwi

Dissident
Mar 2, 2013
✟291,214.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
You are freely posting opinions on a site hosted in the USA and it is doubtful you will die or suffer consequences for that. Post a dissenting view on a Russian or Chinese site and see how long you last.
Guess it depends. US typically outsources censorship of the regime to the firms works with; Google, Microsoft and any number of tech/Media outlets. Perfect free speech cannot exist in any system and allowing complete freedom to criticize and illegitimize the current regime of any state or power is always dangerous.
A major lesson of this war is that the West remains the best defender of freedom and of the sovereignty of nations.
Is defending a nation which has suspended elections and targets Churches really the example of defending freedom you want to use? What of the US allying with regimes like Saudi Arabia and others across the world which don't share your perspective.
A self-centered American hegemony cannot support the weight of a unipolar world but an internationalist America with allies can.
I guess it depends if America can make enough allies/puppets to support it's internationalist order and whether or not is willing to start WW3 in order to maintain the current system. Is it worth the cost of millions, if not billions of lives this time in the effort to maintain the current order? I don't even think it was worth it in WW1 and WW2.
Kyril talks about Christian civilisation like a modern day Rasputin. His hypnotic influence on the weak minded cannot hide the corrupt oligarchy and imperial totalitarian intent that supports his words.
And this is relevant to what I'm saying how?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Ignatius the Kiwi

Dissident
Mar 2, 2013
✟291,214.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Ok so you're a ideolog.

You should meet my uncle ( do you speak
Cantonese?). He was in the Red Guard.
All his opinions are right too.

Tho he learned that he wasn't a good prophet.
I tend to think of myself as a realist more than anything. Yes I have an Ideology and a preferred order to things in society (so does everyone) but with respect to the USA I don't think my analysis is wrong. It is a waning hegemony and this isn't a bad thing necessarily. It however can be really bad so long as the USA does everything in it's power to maintain that hegemony.

Upvote 0

jacks

Er Victus
Site Supporter
Jun 29, 2010
Northwest US
✟675,523.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It is a waning hegemony and this isn't a bad thing necessarily. It however can be really bad so long as the USA does everything in it's power to maintain that hegemony.
Many people believe the U.S. would be better off being more isolationists. Would this be reducing their "hegemony"?

Upvote 0

Ignatius the Kiwi

Dissident
Mar 2, 2013
✟291,214.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Many people believe the U.S. would be better off being more isolationists. Would this be reducing their "hegemony"?
Yes because it would mean retracting the empire and allowing other countries to determine their own foreign policy.

Upvote 0

mindlight

See in the dark
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2003
London, UK
✟824,604.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Yes it would reduce US influence and security. In a dog eat dog world it means it would be weaker and it's position more vulnerable.

Since the US is the main guarantor of the sovereignty of many smaller nations these also would be absorbed into the new empires.

Last edited:
Upvote 0