Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Matthew 5:
5 Blessed are the meek, for they will inherit the earth
i.e., the new physical earth.

The old heavens and old earth will be burned, 2 Peter 3:
10 But the day of the Lord will come like a thief, and then the heavens will pass away with a roar, and the heavenly bodies will be burned up and dissolved, and the earth and the works that are done on it will be exposed.

According to modern physics, not only our physical bodies are perishable, even the atoms in our bodies are perishable. However, our resurrected bodies are not perishable, 1 Corinthians 15:
50 I declare to you, brothers and sisters, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God, nor does the perishable inherit the imperishable.
The new earth will obey new laws of imperishable physics.

The new heaven and new earth are the literal replacement of the old heaven and earth, Revelation 21:
1 I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and earth had passed away, and the sea was no more.

The sun and moon are no longer needed, Revelation 21:
22 And I saw no temple in the city, for its temple is the Lord God the Almighty and the Lamb. 23And the city has no need of sun or moon to shine on it, for the glory of God gives it light, and its lamp is the Lamb.

We still drink, Luke 22:
18 For I tell you I will not drink again from the fruit of the vine until the kingdom of God comes.

Often Christians ambiguously refer to the new earth or the new physical kingdom of God ambiguously as "heaven".

Sorn

Jan 8, 2018
Perth
✟178,763.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The sun & moon are not needed to light the new city, it does NOT say the sun & moon won't be around.
They may be needed to light the new earth too, just not the city, Gods light will be enough for that.
I imagine the new universe God creates will be bigger than the old (current) one he destroys, not smaller.
We will be able to travel & explore the new Universe.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

David Kent

Continuing Historicist
Aug 24, 2017
Ashford Kent
✟116,777.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Conservative
Matthew 5:

i.e., the new physical earth.

The old heavens and old earth will be burned, 2 Peter 3:

According to modern physics, not only our physical bodies are perishable, even the atoms in our bodies are perishable. However, our resurrected bodies are not perishable, 1 Corinthians 15:

The new earth will obey new laws of imperishable physics.

The new heaven and new earth are the literal replacement of the old heaven and earth, Revelation 21:

We still drink, Luke 22:

Often Christians ambiguously refer to the new earth or the new physical kingdom of God ambiguously as "heaven".
The kingdom of God came when he rose from the dead and bestowed on the disciples a kingdom, Luke 22:29

Luke 22:16 for I say to you, I will no longer eat of it until it is fulfilled in the kingdom of God.”

It was fulfilled at the completion of the crucifiction for Christ is our passover.

Upvote 0

Sorn

Jan 8, 2018
Perth
✟178,763.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The kingdom of God came when he rose from the dead and bestowed on the disciples a kingdom, Luke 22:29

Luke 22:16 for I say to you, I will no longer eat of it until it is fulfilled in the kingdom of God.”

It was fulfilled at the completion of the crucifiction for Christ is our passover.
The kingdom Jesus referred to was the 1000 year millennial Jewish kingdom, yet to come.

Upvote 0

tonychanyt

24/7 Christian
Oct 2, 2011
Toronto
Visit site
✟84,005.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Can you connect the above two sentences logically step by step?

Step 1: I will no longer eat of it until it is fulfilled in the kingdom of God.
Step 2: ___.
Etc.

Upvote 0

Diamond7

YEC, OEC, GAP, TE - Dispensationalist.
Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟72,209.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
The old heavens and old earth will be burned,
The old earth is already burning. People get this impression that things take place in an instant, in a split second of time. Maybe they take place over the duration of time. Californaia actually has a wild fire season. We could see the fire from the airplane as we flew in and the next morning cars were covered with ashes. Of course, right now the news has more to do with Maui wildfires in Hawaii.

2 Peter 3:10 does tell us: "But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night, in which the heavens will pass away with a great noise, and the elements will melt with fervent heat;"

If your home is destroyed in a fire, what do you have left to give or sacrifice?

download (4).jpeg

Upvote 0