Visit site
✟335,989.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Being called Christian is a badge of honor. It is found in Scripture. It brings with it the endless joy of freedom in Christ and the honor of sharing in His trials and tribulations.

If we are to reject the title because it was given by pagans then we must reject every word in our language for the same reason for they all have pagan roots.

My parents were unsaved when they named me Jason. Should I deny it on that basis?
What I'm saying is that the name of Christ is not glorified when you deny that christ is lord and God. Christian is a title that's supposed to define someone. It no longer does that when Christ is denied withun the context of christianity and given second place to different meanings.

The name of God needs definition.

Upvote 0

mont974x4

The Christian Anarchist
Site Supporter
Aug 1, 2006
Montana, USA
Visit site
✟46,615.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I think you are over thinking the issue. A christian is a follower of Christ. It is that simple.

Scripture does warn about taking His name in vain, but why deny the label personally if we are truly following Christ?

As to the name of God. which name? Scripture presents many names for the One true God. It is for another thread, or for personal study, but looking at all His names can really help a person grasp the full character of who He is and His interaction with His creation.

Upvote 0

mont974x4

The Christian Anarchist
Site Supporter
Aug 1, 2006
Montana, USA
Visit site
✟46,615.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
why NT only? The whole of Scripture is God breathed and inspired. I refuse to shut out the OT for it does tell us so much about the true God. The God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob. It tells us who He is so we can deny the false god's of islam and the other religions of the world.

Upvote 0

Citizen of the Kingdom

Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟335,989.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
why NT only? The whole of Scripture is God breathed and inspired. I refuse to shut out the OT for it does tell us so much about the true God. The God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob. It tells us who He is so we can deny the false god's of islam and the other religions of the world.
You seem to be dancing around what the name is that is above all names, and not acknowledging it.

Upvote 0

flightofsevens

Solus V
Oct 13, 2009
Alabama
Visit site
✟7,772.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
No he's not, what the heck? DO you really need us to go and make a list of the names God has given us of Himself? Seriously come on! Here is jsut a few for your viewing pleasure...

13 Then Moses said to God, “If I come to the people of Israel and say to them, ‘The God of your fathers has sent me to you,’ and they ask me, ‘What is his name?’ what shall I say to them?” 14 God said to Moses, “I AM who I AM.” And he said, “Say this to the people of Israel, ‘I AM has sent me to you.’” 15 God also said to Moses, “Say this to the people of Israel, ‘The Lord,the God of your fathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, has sent me to you.’ This is my name forever, and thus I am to be remembered throughout all generations. Exodus 3:13-15

Upvote 0

Vanguard18

Christian Occultist and modern mystic.
Jun 21, 2009
✟7,783.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Republican
Spot on. And the evidence is already out there, in the ways our media attempt to whitewash and sugar-coat the basic principles of Islam.

As Deba mentioned, the Fort Hood gunman shouted "Allahu Akbar" during his killing spree. Not a surprise there; that's what the terrorists always shout while during their handywork. But the REAL story is in how our news organizations portray this. They claim that "Allahu Akbar" means "God is great". In that sense, it is a definitive statement. Sounds okay, right? After all, they claim to worship the same God that Christians do. And OUR God most definitely IS great!! (Keep reading...)

However, that is not AT ALL what "Allahu Akbar" means. It is not a definitive statement. It is a COMPARITIVE statement. What it literally means is "God is GREATER". Greater than what? Undoubtedly it means "Our God is greater than the God of the Jews and the God of the Christians." Remember, Islam is basically just a more modern form of Babylonian idolatry. And "Allah" ( short for Al-Ilah, "the moon god") was an ancient Babylonian idol. What Mohammed did was just "repackage" Babylonian idolatry to make it more palatable to those seeking a monotheistic religion. There were DOZENS of Babylonian idols popular during his day; he simply elevated Al-Ilah (the moon god) above the other idols.

Remember, the "prophet" Mohammed had a fierce hatred of the Jews (and by extension the Christians, as evidenced by the "friendship" between Jews and Christians alluded to in the Koran), since they rejected his claim to be the latest and the greatest prophet. So it takes no large mental leap to see that a statement of faith about their god would be one that elevates him over the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob.

Those who claim that the god of Islam is the same as the God of the Bible simply do not know their history, or are engaging in a deliberate attempt to deceive people about this religion. I suspect that as the times draw closer to the end, we will see more and more of the same. Everything other than Christianity will be embraced and loved by a more "tolerant" world, as Christianity is pushed to the sidelines more and more.

The moon god? really? You pulled that out of thin air........

Also, Their God is the same as our God, the only thing wrong with them is the same wrong with most of us: we do things on God's name that we think He wants us to do.

Upvote 0

bobznew

Apr 19, 2004
South Mississippi
✟16,462.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The moon god? really? You pulled that out of thin air........

Also, Their God is the same as our God, the only thing wrong with them is the same wrong with most of us: we do things on God's name that we think He wants us to do.

Not exactly out of thin air. The information is out there. Google either "Allah" or "Al-Ilah" and, at the very least, I would be surprised if the term "moon god" doesn't appear on many of the web pages that come up.

Regarding what you say about them doing wrong in God's name, you are right about that. That is certainly a problem with their religion, and pretty much every major "religion" for that matter. But it is most certainly NOT the only thing wrong with their religion, or even the most critical error.

6 Jesus said to him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me."

Muslims do not agree with this verse. And really, if a religion gets it wrong on this one point, it doesn't matter what it get RIGHT. They can be the most charitable, caring, loving people in the world. But if they deny that Jesus is the ONLY way, then it's futile. Like painting the deck on the Titanic.

Upvote 0

SpiritPsalmist

Heavy lean toward Messianic
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2002
Southeast Kansas
✟393,824.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
I find that among people who really know him, they generally say "Father"...

No other religion would dare do that, nor would many religious Christians...
I very rarely use the term "Father" in regular conversation with the GOD of Abraham, Issac, and Jacob! The only time I hear "Father" regularly used is with some people who consistently say "Father God" 50 times in a two minute prayer. I'm not putting it down, it just seems kinda redundant to do that...I would not do that in normal conversation with my earthly dad so why would I talk that way with my Heavenly DAD. I acknowledge HIM as my Father, yet I see no reason to consistently verbalize it. And when I hear someone else doing it, I come away more with the impression that they are trying to sound more spiritual so as to impress others around them. Just my opinion though.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

mont974x4

The Christian Anarchist
Site Supporter
Aug 1, 2006
Montana, USA
Visit site
✟46,615.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
You seem to be dancing around what the name is that is above all names, and not acknowledging it.

Quite the contrary actually. You rejected the name Christian in an earlier post and I was trying to get you to understand that it is a perfectly acceptable label for the followers of Christ. Then you launched in to your round and round games.

I cam back to this thread only to respond to your false accusation against me. I am unsubscribing.

Upvote 0

Deba

The Lord is my shepherd I shall not want (period)
Jul 8, 2007
An American living in Laos
✟13,167.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
From my original post on the 9th:
Do you think it is possible that in order to keep peace throughout the world that the public mention of God or god, in any and all languages may one day be prohibited?

From an article posted on the 12th:
Christian Solidarity Worldwide (CSW) is among a hundred NGOs to have signed a statement decrying the ongoing “Combating Defamation of Religion” agenda at the United Nations.
It fears that a new, legally-binding international treaty limiting the criticism of religion may become a reality
Link to full article:
NGOs sound alarm over UN 'defamation of religion' agenda

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Citizen of the Kingdom

Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟335,989.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Quite the contrary actually. You rejected the name Christian in an earlier post and I was trying to get you to understand that it is a perfectly acceptable label for the followers of Christ. Then you launched in to your round and round games.

I cam back to this thread only to respond to your false accusation against me. I am unsubscribing.
It's much too broad of a term and includes those of many beliefs. Not all those who call themselves christian's define themselves as followers of jesus. I think a distinction should be made. It may sound like just another iota but the letter "a" is still the defining point. How can those who call JC their God be classified together under one title with those who don't. It makes no sence. iow, it's just nonsence (the christian name) it holds no definative meaning anymore.

Upvote 0