Mar 15, 2012
✟47,296.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Sorry this wasn't answered sooner. No reflection on you or your post. I think what Jonathan has happened upon is signifigant. We as American's are being lead down a yellow brick road. Rose colored glasses, drinking the kool aid, all cliches apply.

Have you seen this yet?
Prepare-We are at the Verge of Collapse Says Jonathan Cahn Author of Mystery of the Shemitah

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8TsYBuw6rko

Published on Feb 24, 2015
Best-selling author Jonathan Cahn says you better get ready for “a great shaking.” Cahn, whose new book titled “Mystery of the Shemitah,” says, “The Bible says a prudent man prepares. What do you do? I am not a financial expert, but I will speak for myself . . . in general, I would not be putting my stock in the stock market or have things attached to it. . . . You should also have essentials in store so if there is a collapse of not only markets but of infrastructure and services, and these things should break down, that you would be okay for this time period. I am not a survivalist. I am more of a revivalist. . . . We say things will always work perfectly, and I don’t believe things will always work perfectly. I believe we are at the verge of collapse.”

How do you get ready for this collapse? Cahn, who is a Christian minister, says, “The first thing is if you are listening to this and you are not right with God, get your life right because America is rapidly accelerating into a moral collapse and a spiritual collapse.”

Join Greg Hunter as he goes One-on-One with Jonathan Cahn, best-selling author of “The Harbinger,” and “Mystery of the Shemitah.” - http://usawatchdog.com/great-shaking-...

:wave: Yes I have.

Upvote 0

Zanting

not so new
Mar 15, 2012
✟47,296.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I'm kind of on the fence on this one. With American Christian thinking they are "spirtual Israel" or whatever, it would be ironic to use an actual sign intended for Israel.

Of course America is screwed for many far more obvious reasons. :cry:

I certainly can understand being on the fence. But I do know that the scriptures are meant for all generations. That history does repeat itself. And I was never taught Gods time table as it is laid out in the OT to the extent that it is talked about by Christian Jews.

I find it very is significant that I was led to this information, and that there is much evidence of events from the past that fit Gods timeline based on the observations made.

What I truly like about how it is presented is that it isn't saying these things will happen, but to watch, wait and see. At the same time, many signs point in the direction of an economical breakdown.

That they do not claim to be prophets, but have used Gods timeline to show how things have fit together so accurately in the past. With what is happening world wide, and in particular in the country that has held world power for so long, the US, there are so many signs that are all coming together, just as scripture says. I can see just from paying attention to what is happening, there is much truth to the observations that have been made.

Scripture teaches us we will not know the day or the hour of Jesus return, but there will be signs and we will know the season. It gives us the opportunity to get prepared spiritually, for what is to come. We have to be strong in our faith, pray and read the Bible every day. And we have to be constantly seeking Gods truth among all the deception, not only in the world, but also in our churches. There is much apostasy, especially in western cultures, within churches and among Christians.

At least they are observations I, and other Christians are seeing of how the things that are happening serves only to prove God is in control and things are on His schedule, and how scripture is right in line with all these events, world wide.

It confirms scripture and shows it is the living word of God in this generation. Others don't see the same things or even consider these observations mean anything. That's OK. To me it is additional evidence on the reality of Gods work in the world.

Reactions: visionary
Upvote 0

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
We can add this to the collection of interesting connections. The USA has had 70 years of prosperity since it helped win the World War 11 which ultimately saved the Jews in death camps that were still alive. The War ended in 1945 and 70 years later here we are in 2015.

Upvote 0

visionary

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
I just finished reading both books and find it interesting and worth considering. Not that it is perfect, correct on all points, but that there is some interesting correlations. Will this also happen again this fall during shemitah?? we will soon see.

What I have seen so far, says that we are in for one crazy period if everyone gets their way. We have Jade Helm, ISIS, El Nino, Shemitah, etc all scheduled to arrive this fall.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

visionary

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
Know therefore and understand, that from the going forth of the command
To restore and build Jerusalem until Messiah the Prince,
There shall be seven weeks
and sixty-two weeks;
The street shall be built again, and the wall, even in troublesome times. Daniel 9:25

IF those final 7 weeks were 7 shemitah years (there are 7 years in a shemitah cluster, called Shemitah... 7 years/shemitah cluster X last 7 weeks = 49 years according to Leviticus 25:8-10

Jerusalem was reunited and restored to Israel during the 6 day war on June 7, 1967 which goes towards a fulfillment restoring and build Jerusalem even in troublesome times. They even worked on building a wall.

For the sake of numbers I am going with 360 days = a biblical/prophetic year

49 years X 360 days/biblical year = 17,640 days

From June 7, 1967, if you count out 17,640 days forward, that takes you to September 23rd, 2015; the Day of Atonement begins at sundown on this day. That is incredible precision.

Isn't that interesting? Significant... ehhh.. We will soon see.

Upvote 0

BukiRob

Dec 14, 2012
Columbus, Ohio
✟50,619.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Know therefore and understand, that from the going forth of the command
To restore and build Jerusalem until Messiah the Prince,

There shall be seven weeks and sixty-two weeks;
The street shall be built again, and the wall, even in troublesome times. Daniel 9:25

IF those final 7 weeks were 7 shemitah years (there are 7 years in a shemitah cluster, called Shemitah... 7 years/shemitah cluster X last 7 weeks = 49 years according to Leviticus 25:8-10

Jerusalem was reunited and restored to Israel during the 6 day war on June 7, 1967 which goes towards a fulfillment restoring and build Jerusalem even in troublesome times. They even worked on building a wall.

For the sake of numbers I am going with 360 days = a biblical/prophetic year

49 years X 360 days/biblical year = 17,640 days

From June 7, 1967, if you count out 17,640 days forward, that takes you to September 23rd, 2015; the Day of Atonement begins at sundown on this day. That is incredible precision.

Isn't that interesting? Significant... ehhh.. We will soon see.
It is interesting, but what of it? Is something supposed to happen other than the Day of Atonement? As we speak, Israel is a secular nation not a religious one.
http://www.jcpa.org/dje/articles2/howrelisr.htm

According to this, only 23% of Jews in Israel go to synagogue. 42% don't light Sabbath candles (I am assuming they are saying that they don't observe Sabbath)
37% are either not sure or don't believe Gd even exists

I say all of this because unfortunately, I do not see anything that suggests that Israel is at all experiencing any kind of revival or awakening... Without that, it then begs the question why now if indeed it is now?

Upvote 0

visionary

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
It is interesting, but what of it? Is something supposed to happen other than the Day of Atonement? As we speak, Israel is a secular nation not a religious one.

According to this, only 23% of Jews in Israel go to synagogue. 42% don't light Sabbath candles (I am assuming they are saying that they don't observe Sabbath)

I say all of this because unfortunately, I do not see anything that suggests that Israel is at all experiencing any kind of revival or awakening... Without that, it then begs the question why now if indeed it is now?
God called them the apple of His eye, which has nothing to do with their revival.. it has to do with them being the chosen people upon which His prophecies will be fulfilled through. Do you think they deserved to be set free from Egypt any more than any other people who were enslaved? Did Yeshua need to be born to an ungrateful nation? You see, if has everything to do with His Word and His Promises. We can look to the land of Israel and all that is going on around it for fulfillment of His Word, because He put His finger there and said that is where it is all going to happen. It is not sheer numbers of Israeli believers that is going to make or break God's Word. It is by faith that believers see His Word being fulfilled and are obedient to His Commands because they know that is where His sanctuary is..

Upvote 0

Elihoenai

Who has ceased to eat Manna?
Apr 9, 2015
London, England
✟49,200.00
Faith
What I have seen so far, says that we are in for one crazy period if everyone gets their way. We have Jake Helm, ISIS, El Nino, Shemitah, etc all scheduled to arrive this fall.

Thanks for the info. Is Jake Helm meant to be Jade Helm?

If true this is great news for the true followers of Christ as this has and will continue to separate the wheat from the chaff.

It is the work of Jehovah's/Yahweh's people to fulfill his will through the Son in Shemitah coming to pass.

Isaiah 34:16 King James Version (KJV)

16 Seek ye out of the book of the Lord, and read: no one of these shall fail, none shall want her mate: for my mouth it hath commanded, and his spirit it hath gathered them.

Matthew 3:11-12 Young's Literal Translation (YLT)

11 `I indeed do baptize you with water to reformation, but he who after me is coming is mightier than I, of whom I am not worthy to bear the sandals, he shall baptize you with the Holy Spirit and with fire,

12 whose fan [is] in his hand, and he will thoroughly cleanse his floor, and will gather his wheat to the storehouse, but the chaff he will burn with fire unquenchable.'

Reactions: visionary
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Norbert L

Site Supporter
Mar 1, 2009
✟560,360.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
What do you think?

I think his ideas are biblically hyped observations that are merely history repeating itself with two different nations; that there is no new social economic thing under the sun. How the Most High deals with the current situation is up to Him.

During the American Revolutionary War, the Continental Congress and George Washington were not being led by a pillar of cloud by day and in a pillar of fire by night. However from what I understand, they did believe something King Nebuchadnezzar had to learn. "... until you learn that the Most High rules in the human kingdom and gives it to whomever he pleases."

The way I see Jonathan Cahn: Economist's don't see their profession as an exact science where as numerous other men have also preached their belief about using the Bible in various ways to vividly predict the future. Stuff like that has been going on for thousands of years and so far the majority who pay attention to these warnings are all dead and buried, not even seeing their own exciting speculations come to pass.

Now I wouldn't say anyone reading his book is wrong in doing so, but I do believe it would be wise for those that do, to also read the critiques concerning Jonathan Cahn. Here is one that imo is rather well written: http://www.biblicalintegrity.org/2014/09/19/mystery-of-the-shemitah/

Upvote 0

visionary

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
I read the post.. One part is worth comment on ..
The Shemitah (Jewish Sabbath year) was an obligation given specifically and exclusively to the nation of Israel, and there is no biblical support for the idea that God would either require any other nation to observe the Shemitah year or that He would impose a Shemitah-type judgment according to a seven-year cycle on any nation, including Israel itself.
That works upon the premise of exclusivity in God's deals with mankind.. aka Jews only or Israel itself. I did not read statements by the author about demands of the observance of the Shemitah upon any nations or else. Rather what I notices was that if anything is going to happen, it will be on God's time frame, for the purpose of knowing it is Him it will be according to what He has revealed He will do aka as per prescription. Yes, the world is mostly oblivious and therefore will not plan accordingly. Yes, the world can suffer because they don't know about either the blessings or the judgments.

Upvote 0

visionary

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
Blatant backhand slashes like this..
Furthermore, none of the overwhelming number of assertions and fact-claims throughout the book concerning economic trends, financial statistics and historical events are documented whatsoever, raising the question of the source of the author’s information, the accuracy of that information, and why this most basic and necessary aspect of any research-based non-fiction book is completely missing.
really reveal that even if given a multitude of documentation, he would still poo poo it for one reason of another. We are to research the concept that Cahn presented, and prayerfully research it, analyse it, and consider it. There is no demand in the entire book to believe it without evidence.

Upvote 0

visionary

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
One thing that this book is doing is raising awareness that God's seven cycle does have a role in the end days among many people including Christians. Whether the man is right or wrong about the Shemitah and its role, it doesn't change the fact that more people know about the Shemitah and thus God's Timetable than ever before.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Elihoenai

Who has ceased to eat Manna?
Apr 9, 2015
London, England
✟49,200.00
Faith
IDUMEA! IDUMEA! IDUMEA!

Are you in Idumea?

Jade Helm 15

632px-Jade_helm_15.jpeg

Genesis 12:3 Young's Literal Translation (YLT)

3 And I bless those blessing thee, and him who is disesteeming thee I curse, and blessed in thee have been all families of the ground.'

Genesis 25:29-30 Young's Literal Translation (YLT)

29 And Jacob boileth pottage, and Esau cometh in from the field, and he [is] weary;

30 and Esau saith unto Jacob, `Let me eat, I pray thee, some of this red red thing, for I [am] weary;' therefore hath [one] called his name Edom [Red];

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BukiRob

Dec 14, 2012
Columbus, Ohio
✟50,619.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
God called them the apple of His eye, which has nothing to do with their revival.. it has to do with them being the chosen people upon which His prophecies will be fulfilled through. Do you think they deserved to be set free from Egypt any more than any other people who were enslaved? Did Yeshua need to be born to an ungrateful nation? You see, if has everything to do with His Word and His Promises. We can look to the land of Israel and all that is going on around it for fulfillment of His Word, because He put His finger there and said that is where it is all going to happen. It is not sheer numbers of Israeli believers that is going to make or break God's Word. It is by faith that believers see His Word being fulfilled and are obedient to His Commands because they know that is where His sanctuary is..

You're taking my statement completely out of context.

You bring up Israel being taken out of Egypt which speaks DIRECTLY to what I said... did not Adonai say " "Now, behold, the cry of the sons of Israel has come to Me; furthermore, I have seen the oppression with which the Egyptians are oppressing them."

Yeshua spoke of seeing the signs like the signs in nature (the fig tree starting to sprout its leaves)

Upvote 0

visionary

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
You're taking my statement completely out of context.

You bring up Israel being taken out of Egypt which speaks DIRECTLY to what I said... did not Adonai say " "Now, behold, the cry of the sons of Israel has come to Me; furthermore, I have seen the oppression with which the Egyptians are oppressing them."

Yeshua spoke of seeing the signs like the signs in nature (the fig tree starting to sprout its leaves)
You gave me the impression that Israel's behavior or faith in Yeshua is the reason why they are or are not ... you seem to indicate that they do not qualify in your estimation.

to which I gave you my response... which is ...it is not on Israel shoulders but on God's promises.. Israel can rise or fall, but God's promises according to His timetable will go according to His Plan. Remember prophecy says that a lot of Israel will be no more and only a remnant will be save, but it will be "all" at that time.

Upvote 0

BukiRob

Dec 14, 2012
Columbus, Ohio
✟50,619.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
You gave me the impression that Israel's behavior or faith in Yeshua is the reason why they are or are not ... you seem to indicate that they do not qualify in your estimation. to which I gave you my response... which is ...it is not on Israel shoulders but on God's promises.. Israel can rise or fall, but God's promises according to His timetable will go according to His Plan. Remember prophecy says that a lot of Israel will be no more and only a remnant will be save, but it will be "all" at that time.

I never said that and you are assuming that is what I mean....

Upvote 0