Los Angeles Area
✟830,378.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
One parent feels uncomfortable, therefore a fact-based biopic about civil rights is banned until it can be reviewed by the state. It's exactly what was predicted when the pitchfork and torches crowd was upset about 'CRT' in the schools.

Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟337,533.00
Faith
Pentecostal
If CRT had not been in the schools I doubt this would have been an issue.

I don't care if one parent complains or not. If a parent complains the school should look at it. But I believe the schools process should not take any more than two weeks to look at something. I mean seriously. It can't be that hard. Perhaps it is too much for second graders. I mean these kids are VERY young and without good teaching may take on the burden at such a young age and start being anxious as if they had something to do with it. And black kids at that age may start looking at white kids as the enemy. You have to be very careful at that age because they are very vulnerable to suggestion.

This movie sounds like a good one. I've never seen it, but now I'd like to. It definitely sounds like a movie that should be shown in school. We need to be real about our past without putting blame on ourselves for it. For NONE of us have any responsibility to what happened. The people of the day have total responsibility for it, and it was wrong. Learn from history so we don't repeat it.

You could easily turn this lesson to show how far we've come and how much we've learned. That we as a society will never let that happen again.
So I'm for this movie IF the teacher uses it appropriately. And from what I've seen I'm not sure I would be confidant the teacher would.

Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟722,349.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

Does accurate history hurt or is it an opportunity for discussion about past events?
Movies "based" on a real life story .... that means it's not totally accurate .... film makers present things from their point of view.

No .... it shouldn't be taken as accurate history ... and these type of movies (based on) should not be shown in school.

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟830,378.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Movies "based" on a real life story .... that means it's not totally accurate .... film makers present things from their point of view.

No .... it shouldn't be taken as accurate history ... and these type of movies (based on) should not be shown in school.

Sorry, President Lincoln, you had the misfortune of being assassinated before the invention of the movie camera.

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟830,378.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
film makers present things from their point of view.
This is true whether a film is a documentary or a fictionalized biography. You've essentially made the case that no films should be shown to children in school.

Upvote 0

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟433,247.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single

Everybody presents things from their pov. Directors, authors, textbook editors, teachers, pastors, parents.

Shut them all up I say. Let the kids run free to learn from plants and animals!

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟143,262.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
But I believe the schools process should not take any more than two weeks to look at something.
This assumes that one, and only one “complaint” is made per issue per fortnight.

What if there’s multiple complaints about a myriad of issues, should schools have a dedicated team of professionals dealing with “parent complaints”?

No. A school cannot pander to this or that complaint (or complainer), the school is the incorrect venue to deal with these issues, at some point the educators will have to be left alone with the children to “indoctrinate” the little tykes into our society.

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,526.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,526.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
This assumes that one, and only one “complaint” is made per issue per fortnight.

Nah...I wouldn't worry about it once this administration is over.

What if there’s multiple complaints about a myriad of issues, should schools have a dedicated team of professionals dealing with “parent complaints”?

It's not really a myriad of anything....it's pretty much all based on the new racist anti-science agenda.

at some point the educators will have to be left alone with the children to “indoctrinate” the little tykes into our society.

Or we could just teach them knowledge and information....not how they should feel about it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

RocksInMyHead

God is innocent; Noah built on a floodplain!
May 12, 2011
PA
✟320,869.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Upvote 0

MotoToTheMax

Nov 3, 2022
United States
✟66,066.00
Country
United States
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
Private
What's good about it? The Ruby Ridge standoff was a bloody affair.
Try reading it a 3rd time. This time, slower. Maybe even click the link in the post you quoted.

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟212,659.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Try reading it a 3rd time. This time, slower. Maybe even click the link in the post you quoted.
I think he's just being funny (and perhaps trying to annoy people out of boredom).

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,526.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I think he's just being funny (and perhaps trying to annoy people out of boredom).

Hey bingo. This Ruby Ridge girl needs to stop appropriate white separatist culture.

Seriously though....has anyone actually seen this movie?

Upvote 0

keith99

sola dosis facit venenum
Jan 16, 2008
✟321,656.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
This is true whether a film is a documentary or a fictionalized biography. You've essentially made the case that no films should be shown to children in school.
Heck pretty much no books either. At least no books that go deeper than a handful of names and dates.