‘Trump was great at this’: How conservatives transformed a [tiny] Colorado school district

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟908,933.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
There is a big difference between education and propaganda and brain washing. The key word is revisionism. Ask any teacher and they will admit that revisionism is rampant in our school system and every level.

President Joe Biden used the words “truth,” “facts” and “lies” nine times in his inaugural address to highlight the crisis of disinformation and misinformation as an attack on the fundamentals of America’s democracy and national character. The word “truth” was used five times, “lies” was used three times, and “facts” was used once.
I asked my sister. She disagrees with your claim.
Does he even realize he was talking about himself? People are always guilty of what they accuse others of.
So you use rampant projection as arguments?

• Agree
Reactions: JustOneWay
Upvote 0

Diamond7

YEC, OEC, GAP, TE - Dispensationalist.
Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟72,096.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Davis California and Yakima Washington prior to that.
So she is a liberal. They tend to refuse to accept that other perspectives exist other than their own.

While most of us don’t think about propaganda as something occurring today, it is everywhere. Propaganda is part of our news, entertainment, education, social media, and more. In order to understand the complexities of propaganda, we have to teach it, says Renee Hobbs, Ed.D.’85, director of the Media Education Lab at the University of Rhode Island.

“When you start to learn about propaganda, you inevitably realize the value and the importance of multiperspectival thinking,” she says. “The ability to think about a topic from a range of different points of view turns out to be incredibly powerful, to activate intellectual curiosity, to promote reasoning, to encourage genuine value judgements.”

Upvote 0

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟908,933.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
So she is a liberal. They tend to refuse to accept that other perspectives exist other than their own.

While most of us don’t think about propaganda as something occurring today, it is everywhere. Propaganda is part of our news, entertainment, education, social media, and more. In order to understand the complexities of propaganda, we have to teach it, says Renee Hobbs, Ed.D.’85, director of the Media Education Lab at the University of Rhode Island.

“When you start to learn about propaganda, you inevitably realize the value and the importance of multiperspectival thinking,” she says. “The ability to think about a topic from a range of different points of view turns out to be incredibly powerful, to activate intellectual curiosity, to promote reasoning, to encourage genuine value judgements.”

That is an amazing amount of information to know about my sister whom you have never meet. Allow me to propose an alternative hypothesis. You have no clue what her politics are and no understanding of her acceptance of propaganda nor her acceptance of other perspectives. Especially based on nothing but where she has lived. :wave:

Upvote 0

Diamond7

Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟72,096.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
That is an amazing amount of information to know about my sister whom you have never meet.
She is from California, what more do I need to know? I was in San Diago and I was told I was the most conservative person they had ever met. But in my state most everyone is conservative. This is what makes presidential elections so interesting. They have to appeal to a large range of people.

I gave you the link to Harvard University, so you can see what they say about this. I used to think that the Colleges in California were on the same level as colleges in other states. After this conversation, I am beginning to wonder if that is true or not.

So this is not a reflection on your sister so much as the people in your state. My sister was also a teacher most of her life. She taught excel and powerpoint at a 2 year college and when she got her masters degree she taught at a four year college.

Upvote 0

A2SG

Gumby
Jun 17, 2008
Massachusetts
✟98,520.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
She is from California, what more do I need to know?
I'm from one of the bluest states in the nation, Massachusetts. Just so you know, I regularly pass by a house with a whole ton of Trump flags and signs.

I also know a few reasonable conservative people who live here, too.

You can't tell everything about someone based on just where they live.

-- A2SG, for example, I don't care how the Red Sox or the Yankees are doing....

Upvote 0

Diamond7

Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟72,096.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
You can't tell everything about someone based on just where they live.
There was a time I could tell what state someone was from, just by their accent. My aunt lived in Boston, so I have been there. She was a professor at Boston University. Harvard and MIT are considered to be the best. That is why I gave you the study from Harvard that explains what I was talking about.

Upvote 0

Diamond7

Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟72,096.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
So you use rampant projection as arguments?
God does not give us the ability to judge others. We can only judge ourselves and project that out onto others. Everyone does it. They catch me doing it ever now and then. Some people understand projection better than I do. People fight wars but they are their own worst enemy. They want to conquer the world when we need to conquer ourselves.

The saying "Alexander the Great could not conquer himself" is a metaphorical expression highlighting the idea that despite Alexander's vast conquests and achievements in the ancient world, he struggled with personal challenges and inner conflicts. It underscores the notion that external success does not necessarily equate to inner peace, self-control, or contentment.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟908,933.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
She is from California, what more do I need to know?
No, she lives in California currently. She is from one of the reddest parts of Washington state. Even in California it has deeply conservative pockets.
I was in San Diago and I was told I was the most conservative person they had ever met. But in my state most everyone is conservative. This is what makes presidential elections so interesting. They have to appeal to a large range of people.
Anecdotes are not a replacement for data.
I gave you the link to Harvard University, so you can see what they say about this. I used to think that the Colleges in California were on the same level as colleges in other states. After this conversation, I am beginning to wonder if that is true or not.

So this is not a reflection on your sister so much as the people in your state. My sister was also a teacher most of her life. She taught excel and powerpoint at a 2 year college and when she got her masters degree she taught at a four year college.
I don't live in California I live in Seattle some of the time. The rest of the time I live in Granite Falls which is very conservative. The issue I see is you basing your reasoning on limited data and drawing vast conclusions from it. This will lead to poor results as we have seen here.

Upvote 0

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟908,933.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
God does not give us the ability to judge others. We can only judge ourselves and project that out onto others. Everyone does it. They catch me doing it ever now and then. Some people understand projection better than I do. People fight wars but they are their own worst enemy. They want to conquer the world when we need to conquer ourselves.

The saying "Alexander the Great could not conquer himself" is a metaphorical expression highlighting the idea that despite Alexander's vast conquests and achievements in the ancient world, he struggled with personal challenges and inner conflicts. It underscores the notion that external success does not necessarily equate to inner peace, self-control, or contentment.
Odd, since you seem to be doing so quite frequently.

Reactions: MotoToTheMax
Upvote 0

A2SG

Gumby
Jun 17, 2008
Massachusetts
✟98,520.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
There was a time I could tell what state someone was from, just by their accent. My aunt lived in Boston, so I have been there. She was a professor at Boston University. Harvard and MIT are considered to be the best. That is why I gave you the study from Harvard that explains what I was talking about.
Accents aren't the same thing as political opinions. Many people who grew up here speak in our various Boston accents, regardless of their political leanings.

As I've said, I know different people across the political spectrum who live here. Some have a Boston accent, some don't.

-- A2SG, one has nothing to do with the other....

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums