Battling the flesh

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
In the beginning, when wickness revealed itself, it was in the flesh, literally.
Genesis 6:12
So God looked upon the earth, and indeed it was corrupt; for all flesh had corrupted their way on the earth.

It was in the flesh, the corruption, from the intertwinning of the DNA of angels and human DNA to the very wicked deeds of the flesh itself.
Genesis 6:13

And God said to Noah, “The end of all flesh has come before Me, for the earth is filled with violence through them; and behold, I will destroy them with the earth.​

Because nephilims were the corrupt and spread their seed throughout the kingdom on man and beasts, God seriously considered wiping the slate clean and starting over.
Genesis 6:17
And behold, I Myself am bringing floodwaters on the earth, to destroy from under heaven all flesh in which is the breath of life; everything that is on the earth shall die.

But then He considered Noah and found him to be righteous and thus his flesh and spirit were still one with the Lord.
Genesis 7:1

Then the Lord said to Noah, “Come into the ark, you and all your household, because I have seen that you are righteous before Me in this generation.​

He did go on to clariify more about this righteousness. I will say it is mind, body [flesh] and the spirit of Noah that is found righteous before God.

Notice the focus on the flesh.
Genesis 9:4
But you shall not eat flesh with its life, that is, its blood.

Even the covenant God made with Noah and all flesh after the flood dwells and focuses on the subject of the flesh. It is the flesh that Noah and God made a covenant on.
Genesis 9:15
and I will remember My covenant which is between Me and you and every living creature of all flesh; the waters shall never again become a flood to destroy all flesh.

visionary

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
It is the flesh that is to be circumcised.
Genesis 17:11
and you shall be circumcised in the flesh of your foreskins, and it shall be a sign of the covenant between Me and you.

Not that I think it is wrong to understand Yeshua wants to examine the heart, pray without ceasing, overcome temptations and have our mind so centered on Him, that the earth ane all its corruptions goes strangelly dim in the light of His Glory and Grace. It is an everlasting or in other words an eternal focus convicting the heart and mind and transforming us from living for the flesh desires,, needs and wants to something transforms us in His Image.

Genesis 17:13
He who is born in your house and he who is bought with your money must be circumcised, and My covenant shall be in your flesh for an everlasting covenant.

Yeshua's eye opening perspectives opening the minds of its hearers to consider this new life in Him. He pointed out the this World that He wants us to join Him and live in with Him is different. It is on a whole different plane and reveals truths that flesh and blood can not comprehendd without the Holy Spirit.
Matthew 16:17
Jesus answered and said to him, “Blessed are you, Simon Bar-Jonah, for flesh and blood has not revealed this to you, but My Father who is in heaven.

Yeshua pointed out that the flesh has inherent flaws of weaknesses in a variety of forms and manifestations, that He wanted us to really grabble with the fleshly battle and win through Him.
Matthew 26:41
Watch and pray, lest you enter into temptation. The spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak.”

Upvote 0

visionary

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
Yeshua explained further about the flesh.
John 1:13
who were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

There is a clear separation and distinction that Yeshua makes regarding the flesh and spirit.
John 3:6
That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

Think about this for a moment. Yeshua's biggest battle was not with Satan but with His own earthly flesh. This battle was so severe that He sweated blood.

Luke 22:44
And being in agony, He prayed more earnestly. Then His sweat became like great drops of blood falling down to the ground.
With the battle won over the will and desire of the flesh, Yeshua gave His flesh up foa the most amazing sacrifice God could have done for our weakness and sins of the flesh. Yeshua goes on to say that the transformation is proof that the spark of fire with in us when we are born again can grow to full maturity in our flesh made ready for eternal living with Him.

John 6:51
I am the living bread which came down from heaven. If anyone eats of this bread, he will live forever; and the bread that I shall give is My flesh, which I shall give for the life of the world.”

Revelation 2:11
“He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches. He who overcomes shall not be hurt by the second death.”

So our own flesh is the last battle to be one with Him, because the Holy Spirit indwelling, in our born again body is just the start.

Upvote 0