The lie of eternal security refuted once and for all.

FreeGrace2

Senior Veteran
Nov 15, 2012
USA
✟184,557.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
FG2, For some reason I could not quote your post. You said that I was just speaking my opinion. Hey, let's not forget that it is your theology is the "new kid on the block."
Since "my theology" comes directly from Scripture, it's hardly new.

Paul told them that if they did such things that they would have no inheritance in the kingdom. Then he warned them to not be deceived by "empty words" because the wrath of God comes upon them that do such things.
Do you not consider God's discipline to be wrath?

Your artificial distinction between inheriting the kingdom and having an inheritance in the kingdom is an example of the "empty words" Paul was speaking about.
No it's not. But since you're "new" to what the Bible teaches, give it some time, and hopefully, it will begin to sink in.

So, I don't buy your FGT snake oil.
First, I'm not selling anything. Second, biblical theology isn't snake oil.

You have a lot of nerve telling me that I am just speaking my opinion when your theology is still new and has not yet withstood the test of time. It certainly does not stand under the scrutiny of scripture.
I've been on these forums for over a decade. I'm sure you remember my entrance, when a whole bunch of you Calvinists tried to dog pile on every post of mine. :)

Your sloppy exposition implies that Paul's warning has no teeth because for us to lose "things" is no consequence at all because "things" are NOT our inheritance at all. Our inheritance is God and Christ.
How silly. But, since you're "new" to what God's word says, consider Col 3:23,24 -

23 Whatever you do,work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men,
24 since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving.

What was Paul saying here? We need to WORK FOR THE LORD. Why? We will RECEIVE AN INHERITANCE AS A REWARD.

How can one NOT SEE that our inheritance is a reward, received by working for it?

While my views may be new to you (but after more than a decade, that seems rather unbelievable), they are directly from Scripture.

So, Paul's warning in 1 Cot 6, Eph 5 and Gal 5 are all about the same thing; having NO inheritance IN the kingdom for those believers guilty of what Paul listed in those passages.

and if children, also heirs, heirs, indeed, of God, and heirs together of Christ -- if, indeed, we suffer together, that we may also be glorified together. Romans 8:17, Young's Literal Translation

Note: Paul said that we "may" be glorified together.
Yes, those believers who have worked for the Lord, and have received their reward (inheritance) will be glorified with the Lord.

God said to father Abraham, "I am thy exceeding and great reward." So, God is our "exceeding and great reward." Therefore, those who sin will NOT have an inheritance in the kingdom, that is, they will NOT inherit God and Christ. The implication is CLEAR. They will NOT have salvation.
Wow. Talk about sloppy exposition. God was talking to Abraham. Personally. Does this verse apply across the board to all believers? According to Col 3:23-24, it would appear not. But give it some time, and maybe it'll sink in.

"Follow peace with all men and the holiness without which NO MAN SHALL SEE THE LORD."
Are you saying this verse says that one must be holy to get to heaven? What happened to faith?

Believers are commanded to become Christ-like, right? Such believers will be holy in that sense, right? And those believers who aren't holy aren't being Christ-like, right?

So, for those believers who aren't Christ-like, no one will see Christ in them. That's what the verse addresses.

Please don't embarrass yourself by claiming that since the words "in them" doesn't occur in the verse, the verse isn't about seeing the Lord in them. Of course it is.

James made a similar plea with his audience, in 2:18 - But someone may well say, “You have faith and I have works; show me your faith without the works, and I will show you my faith by my works".

Hopefully, this isn't too "new" to you. The someone is actually saying that he can demonstrate his faith by his works. And he's challenging someone who has faith to demonstrate his faith without the works. Can't be done.

For someone to see our faith, they need to see our actions.

Now, since you seem to disagree with most everything I post, whatever you disagree with in this post, please address them individually and show me how my views and points are not supported by the Bible.

Just criticizing without adequate explanation isn't helpful.

Upvote 0

FreeGrace2

Senior Veteran
Nov 15, 2012
USA
✟184,557.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Not having any inheritance in the kingdom of God or Chrst is said in context to this,

6 "Let no man deceive you with vain words: for because of these things comes the wrath of God upon the children of disobedience.
7 Be not therefore partakers with them.
8 Walk as Children of Light"
(Ephesians 5:6-8).

Verse 6 says. these things (i.e. these sins) comes the wrath of God upon the children of disobedience. This is why in verse 7 we as believers are cautioned by Paul not to be partakers with them and we are told (in verse 8) to walk as children of Light.....
You might as well pack it in, for you've destroyed any credibility you might have had otherwise.

You preach sinless perfection, yet you've admitted that you've not achieved that state yet.

You preach that no one can sin and still be saved, yet you claim you are saved.

Maybe you don't see the obvious hypocrisy in your own comments, but everyone else surely does.

Zero credibility.

If you keep responding to my posts, I will keep reminding you of your own hypocrisy.

Upvote 0

Thursday

Jan 12, 2016
Texas
✟49,429.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
1 Cor 6:9 parallels Gal 5:19-22 and Eph 5:5. It's about not having an inheritance IN the kingdom. It's not about not getting INTO the kingdom.

Not sure how Gal 6:7 relates to the discussion. Please clarify.

Your words directly contradict the bible.

Upvote 0

FreeGrace2

Senior Veteran
Nov 15, 2012
USA
✟184,557.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Your words directly contradict the bible.
OK, an opinion. Why won't you at least make an attempt to demonstrate WHY or HOW my words "directly contradict the bible"?

I showed that all 3 passages are about the same kind of behaviors. And all are about inheritance and the kingdom. The ONLY difference is that Eph 5:5 says "no inheritance IN the kingdom" while the other 2 say "will not inherit the kingdom".

I also explained that it's quite possible to live somewhere and NOT own the building. To inherit indicates ownership.

So, I've explained why the 3 passages are saying the same thing in 2 different ways.

You've done nothing but disagree. Why should anyone accept your disagreement, since you failed to provide any reason for your disagreement.

Your serve.

Upvote 0

Thursday

Jan 12, 2016
Texas
✟49,429.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
OK, an opinion. Why won't you at least make an attempt to demonstrate WHY or HOW my words "directly contradict the bible"?

I already did.

Once again:

1 Cor 6:9
8On the contrary, you yourselves wrong and defraud. You do this even to your brethren. 9Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor homosexuals,10nor thieves, nor the covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers, will inherit the kingdom of God.

Gal 6
7Do not be deceived, God is not mocked; for whatever a man sows, this he will also reap.8For the one who sows to his own flesh will from the flesh reap corruption, but the one who sows to the Spirit will from the Spirit reap eternal life.

Romans 2
6God “will repay each person according to what they have done.”7To those who by persistence in doing good seek glory, honor and immortality, he will give eternal life.

Upvote 0

Jack Terrence

Fighting the good fight
Feb 15, 2013
✟27,525.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Since "my theology" comes directly from Scripture, it's hardly new.
So says everyone lol.

Do you not consider God's discipline to be wrath?
Absolutely not! Discipline is NOT wrath at all.

...biblical theology isn't snake oil.
But Free Grace Theology is snake oil.

But, since you're "new" to what God's word says, consider Col 3:23,24 -

23 Whatever you do,work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men,
24 since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving.

What was Paul saying here? We need to WORK FOR THE LORD. Why? We will RECEIVE AN INHERITANCE AS A REWARD.
That inheritance is God and Christ and nothing in addition to that (Romans 8:17 YLT). If you work for the Lord you will receive God and Christ as your inheritance. There is nothing more! God and Christ are our "EXCEEDING and GREAT reward."

While my views may be new to you (but after more than a decade, that seems rather unbelievable), they are directly from Scripture.
So says everyone lol.

So, Paul's warning in 1 Cot 6, Eph 5 and Gal 5 are all about the same thing; having NO inheritance IN the kingdom for those believers guilty of what Paul listed in those passages.
The inheritance is God and Christ. So these passages are about professing "Christians" not having God and Christ if they persist in sin. It needs to be remembered that in his epistles Paul assumes that there are some who carry the profession without the reality. This was the reason for his warnings.

Yes, those believers who have worked for the Lord, and have received their reward (inheritance) will be glorified with the Lord.
Now we are getting somewhere.

Wow. Talk about sloppy exposition. God was talking to Abraham. Personally. Does this verse apply across the board to all believers? According to Col 3:23-24, it would appear not.
First, Abraham was a token of salvation by grace. We are his children. Therefore, God is also our exceeding and great reward. Second, the reward of the inheritance in Colossians is God and Christ. If I may use your own argument: Please don't embarrass yourself by claiming that the words "God and Christ" doesn't occur and that the inheritance isn't about God and Christ. Of course it is!

Are you saying this verse says that one must be holy to get to heaven? What happened to faith?
"By faith Abraham OBEYED God...." Paul CLEARLY identified those who have the righteousness of God imputed to them as those whose faith "walks in the steps of the faith of Abraham" (Romans 4:9-12 NKJV).

So, for those believers who aren't Christ-like, no one will see Christ in them. That's what the verse addresses.
It does NOT say that at all.

Please don't embarrass yourself by claiming that since the words "in them" doesn't occur in the verse, the verse isn't about seeing the Lord in them. Of course it is.
Again, the epistle assumes that some carry the profession without the reality. Verse 8 makes that very clear saying, "If YOU are without chastening...YOU are NOT sons. Please don't embarrass yourself any further.

Upvote 0

FreeGrace2

Senior Veteran
Nov 15, 2012
USA
✟184,557.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I already did.

Once again:

1 Cor 6:9
8On the contrary, you yourselves wrong and defraud. You do this even to your brethren. 9Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor homosexuals,10nor thieves, nor the covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers, will inherit the kingdom of God.

Gal 6
7Do not be deceived, God is not mocked; for whatever a man sows, this he will also reap.8For the one who sows to his own flesh will from the flesh reap corruption, but the one who sows to the Spirit will from the Spirit reap eternal life.

Romans 2
6God “will repay each person according to what they have done.”7To those who by persistence in doing good seek glory, honor and immortality, he will give eternal life.
once again, you FAILED epically to explain HOW oe WHY my comments are contrary to the Bible.

All you did was quote 3 verses, one of whcih was one of the 3 parallel passages.

You completely DODGED my request to explain why you disagree. Seem all you can do is disagree. Without any substance.

btw, Gal 6 isn't about loss of salvation, as you assume. v.6 makes the clear point that the subject is about earning (or not) eternal rewards.

No one "sows" for salvation. Because salvation is a gift. If one has to "sow" to be saved, then salvation cannot be a gift. And Eph 2:8 tells us that salvation is a gift. As well, Rom 6:23 tells us that eternal life (another way to express salvation) is a gift of God.

So you used a verse which is totally irrelevant to the discussion of the 3 parallel passages.

And in Rom 2, Paul makes the clear point that only by persistence in doing good will result in eternal life. And then he goes on to PROVE that no one can persist in doing good. Please read beyond the little bits of verses you want to cite, ok?

For example, in 2:13 Paul says this: "for it is not the hearers of the Law who are just before God, but the doers of the Law will be justified."

OK, kinda sounds like 2:6,7, huh. But then Paul makes the clear point that "all (Jews and Gentiles alike) are UNDER SIN in 3:9. Hm. Doesn't sound like anyone CAN "persist in doing good", huh.

THEN, Paul makes the clear point about the law and being justified in 3:20 - "because by the works of the Law no flesh will be justified in His sight; for through the Law comes the knowledge of sin."

THEN, Paul again makes the clear point that "all have sinned and fall short of God's glory in 3:23.

Finally, Paul makes the clear point about HOW one is justified through the end of ch 3 and throughout ch 4; it is by FAITH. Not works.

Now, I hope you've paid attention to how one goes about refuting the post of another. You've been refuted, not just disagreed with. By verses that prove that your view is wrong.

If you'd like to try to refute my posts, that's how it's done. :)

Upvote 0

FreeGrace2

Senior Veteran
Nov 15, 2012
USA
✟184,557.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
So says everyone lol.

Absolutely not! Discipline is NOT wrath at all.

But Free Grace Theology is snake oil.

That inheritance is God and Christ and nothing in addition to that (Romans 8:17 YLT). If you work for the Lord you will receive God and Christ as your inheritance. There is nothing more! God and Christ are our "EXCEEDING and GREAT reward."

So says everyone lol.

The inheritance is God and Christ. So these passages are about professing "Christians" not having God and Christ if they persist in sin. It needs to be remembered that in his epistles Paul assumes that there are some who carry the profession without the reality. This was the reason for his warnings.

Now we are getting somewhere.

First, Abraham was a token of salvation by grace. We are his children. Therefore, God is also our exceeding and great reward. Second, the reward of the inheritance in Colossians is God and Christ. If I may use your own argument: Please don't embarrass yourself by claiming that the words "God and Christ" doesn't occur and that the inheritance isn't about God and Christ. Of course it is!

"By faith Abraham OBEYED God...." Paul CLEARLY identified those who have the righteousness of God imputed to them as those whose faith "walks in the steps of the faith of Abraham" (Romans 4:9-12 NKJV).

It does NOT say that at all.

Again, the epistle assumes that some carry the profession without the reality. Verse 8 makes that very clear saying, "If YOU are without chastening...YOU are NOT sons. Please don't embarrass yourself any further.
Ha! Why should I feel embarrassed? Your post only demonstrates a stubbornness against the truth.

But, whatever.

Upvote 0

Thursday

Jan 12, 2016
Texas
✟49,429.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
once again, you FAILED epically to explain HOW oe WHY my comments are contrary to the Bible.

All you did was quote 3 verses, one of whcih was one of the 3 parallel passages.

Y

All three passages directly contradict your words and the words of John Calvin.

You deny that we will be judged for our actions as well as our faith.

You deny that unrepentant sin will keep us from heaven.

You deny that our efforts impact our salvation.

Upvote 0

FreeGrace2

Senior Veteran
Nov 15, 2012
USA
✟184,557.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
All three passages directly contradict your words and the words of John Calvin.
Once again, opinion given without any supporting evidence or explanation.

btw, I've never been a fan of Calvin or Calvinism.

You deny that we will be judged for our actions as well as our faith.
No I don't. Please read all of my posts. The FACT that believers will lose our on inheritance based on lifestyle PROVES your opinion is wrong.

You deny that unrepentant sin will keep us from heaven.
I DO deny that because eternal life, a gift of God (Rom 6:23) is irrevocable (Rom 11:29).

You deny that our efforts impact our salvation.
I absolutely DO deny that bit of unbiblical stuff. In fact, the only efforts that give us salvation is the work of Christ on the cross, dying for our sins. Didn't you know that?

If our efforts are involved in our salvation, then Paul lied when he wrote Eph 2:8, where he stated that we are saved by GRACE through faith.

Do you know what grace is and means?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Jack Terrence

Fighting the good fight
Feb 15, 2013
✟27,525.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
The FACT that believers will lose our on inheritance based on lifestyle PROVES your opinion is wrong.
Believers CANNOT LOSE any inheritance. First, the inheritance is God and Christ as I have already proven. There is nothing more! Therefore, to lose God and Christ would be to lose salvation. But believers cannot lose God and Christ. Second, God sees all believers in Christ. This means that he cannot find fault in us. And if he cannot find fault in us, then he cannot take anything away from us.

See now how thoroughly illogical and even silly FGT is?

You read the scriptures superficially like a "sheeple" as you have been taught. You have been conditioned to erroneously assume that every individual in the churches Paul addressed were believers. But Paul knew otherwise. He knew that some had the profession without the reality and spoke to them on THEIR PRESUMPTION of salvation.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Let's go

Feb 12, 2016
New zealand
✟16,077.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
You cant loose your place in him in the spirit realm.It dosent work that way. You cant loose the way of walking in the spirit once the knowledge has been given. You Can go back and dwell whenever you want and that sticky junk cant go where we go. it gets left behind so when we come back its not here anymore. I feel like i have been born again over and over again.

Upvote 0

FreeGrace2

Senior Veteran
Nov 15, 2012
USA
✟184,557.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Believers CANNOT LOSE any inheritance. First, the inheritance is God and Christ as I have already proven. There is nothing more!
You are greatly in error. The entire blessings of reward in heaven are clearly stated in Scripture. And CAN be lost, due to disobedience and rebellion. But Calvinism has no room in its theology for that biblical teaching.

Therefore, to lose God and Christ would be to lose salvation. But believers cannot lose God and Christ. Second, God sees all believers in Christ. This means that he cannot find fault in us. And if he cannot find fault in us, then he cannot take anything away from us.
Your error is to deny the blessings and rewards of eternity. Of course no believer will lose God or Christ. Duh. But blessings and rewards most certainly can be lost.

See now how thoroughly illogical and even silly FGT is?
No, your Calvinistic views.

You read the scriptures superficially like a "sheeple" as you have been taught. You have been conditioned to erroneously assume that every individual in the churches Paul addressed were believers. But Paul knew otherwise. He knew that some had the profession without the reality and spoke to them on THEIR PRESUMPTION of salvation.
If Paul was addressing the warnings of loss of inheritance to unbelievers in the churches, why did he emphasize lifestyle? That suggests that changing one's lifestyle would then allow one to enter heaven. But we know better than that.

The reason Paul used lifestyle as a means of pointing out loss of inheritance is because believers need to know that their lifestyle does have consequences. And lousy lifestyles will result in loss of blessings and rewards in heaven.

The Calvinistic view seems to be that all believers will be equal in heaven. Everyone has the same stuff. The same standing. Nothing could be further from the truth.

Paul said this: For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, so that each one may be recompensed for his deeds in the body, according to what he has done, whether good or bad. 2 Cor 5:10

Jesus said this: “Behold, I am coming quickly, and My reward is with Me, to render to every man according to what he has done. Rev 21:12

These point seem to have no place in Calvinistic theology.

But what Paul and Jesus said are the same thing: reward for faithfulness and obedience, and loss of reward and blessings for disobedience and faithlessness.

That's what the warnings are about. Which Calvinism hasn't yet figured out.

I cannot imagine what Calvinism does with these 2 verses.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Jack Terrence

Fighting the good fight
Feb 15, 2013
✟27,525.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
You are greatly in error. The entire blessings of reward in heaven are clearly stated in Scripture. And CAN be lost, due to disobedience and rebellion. But Calvinism has no room in its theology for that biblical teaching.
To have Jesus is to have everything. So to lose so called "blessings" is to lose nothing if you have Jesus. You think on a carnal level.

Your error is to deny the blessings and rewards of eternity. Of course no believer will lose God or Christ. Duh. But blessings and rewards most certainly can be lost.
God and Christ are EVERYTHING!

If Paul was addressing the warnings of loss of inheritance to unbelievers in the churches, why did he emphasize lifestyle?
Paul's purpose was that they might examine themselves whether they be in the faith. Look, carnal man, God must ALWAYS see you in Christ. This means that he CANNOT find any fault in you at any time ever. But for him to take away blessings from you implies that he has found fault. Duh!! Your carnal interpretations are contradictory.

The reason Paul used lifestyle as a means of pointing out loss of inheritance is because believers need to know that their lifestyle does have consequences. And lousy lifestyles will result in loss of blessings and rewards in heaven.
No! Lousy lifestyle may result in loss of temporal blessing in this life. But it cannot result in loss in heaven. God would have to look at you outside of Christ to take away from you eternal blessing in heaven.

Paul said this: For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, so that each one may be recompensed for his deeds in the body, according to what he has done, whether good or bad. 2 Cor 5:10
Actually, Paul was talking about the APOSTLES receiving reward in THIS life according to what THEY had done. Paul said that "we all" (the apostles) must appear before the judgment seat of Christ that "we" (the apostles) might receive our reward "in the body", that is, while we are in our corporeal existence.

In 1 Corinthians 3 Paul CLEARLY applied this judgment principle to the Apostles alone saying, "I am speaking FIGURATIVELY of Apollos and myself (4:6)." No believer will be judged in the afterlife. But the APOSTLES were under special dispensation because they were administrators of the new covenant. They could lose temporal blessings iin their corporeal existence depending upon their faithfulness.

Upvote 0

FreeGrace2

Senior Veteran
Nov 15, 2012
USA
✟184,557.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
To have Jesus is to have everything. So to lose so called "blessings" is to lose nothing if you have Jesus. You think on a carnal level.

God and Christ are EVERYTHING!
This totally ignores both 2 Cor 5:10 AND Rev 21:12. Amazing!!

I said this:
"If Paul was addressing the warnings of loss of inheritance to unbelievers in the churches, why did he emphasize lifestyle?"
Paul's purpose was that they might examine themselves whether they be in the faith.
What Calvinists and many other believers fail to understand is that examining oneself whether they be in the faith" is about checking one's LIFESTYLE to ensure they are in fact living the Christian faith. Not living like unbelievers. In fact, Paul makes that exact point in Eph 4:17 - So I tell you this, and insist on it in the Lord, that you must no longer live as the Gentiles do, in the futility of their thinking.

The Greek for "no longer" is the exact same Greek found in Acts 4:17 which says this: But to stop this thing from spreading any further among the people, we must warn these men to speak no longer to anyone in this name.”

In Acts 4, the apostles were told to stop speaking what they were speaking. Paul told the Ephesian believers to stop living like unbelievers.

Look, carnal man, God must ALWAYS see you in Christ. This means that he CANNOT find any fault in you at any time ever.
If you want to reject the clear message of 2 Cor 5:10 and Jesus' own words in Rev 21:12, that's your problem.

But for him to take away blessings from you implies that he has found fault. Duh!! Your carnal interpretations are contradictory.
You simply fail to discern what is being taught. From the standpoint of salvation, all believers have Christ's imputed righteousness. But from the standpoint of lifestyle and obedience vs disobedience, it is clear that believers will "reap what they sow" (Gal 6:8 - The one who sows to please his sinful nature, from that nature will reap destruction; the one who sows to please the Spirit, from the Spirit will reap eternal life.

Please DON'T embarrass yourself by claiming that a believer is not able to "sow to please his sinful nature". Otherise, 2 Cor 5:10 (For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, that each one may receive what is due him for the things done while in the body, whether good or bad.) means nothing at all.

Then I said this:
"The reason Paul used lifestyle as a means of pointing out loss of inheritance is because believers need to know that their lifestyle does have consequences. And lousy lifestyles will result in loss of blessings and rewards in heaven."
No! Lousy lifestyle may result in loss of temporal blessing in this life. But it cannot result in loss in heaven. God would have to look at you outside of Christ to take away from you eternal blessing in heaven.
Thanks for expressing your total lack of understanding of what the Bible teaches in 1 Cor 3:14-15 - 14 If what he has built survives, he will receive his reward. 15 If it is burned up, he will suffer loss; he himself will be saved, but only as one escaping through the flames.

There you have it in ONE verse: suffer loss but himself will be saved.

So please tell me, what does "suffer loss" mean in the context of "will be saved"? Not temporal blessings, I can assure you.

Then I said this:
"Paul said this: For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, so that each one may be recompensed for his deeds in the body, according to what he has done, whether good or bad. 2 Cor 5:10"
Actually, Paul was talking about the APOSTLES receiving reward in THIS life according to what THEY had done. Paul said that "we all" (the apostles) must appear before the judgment seat of Christ that "we" (the apostles) might receive our reward "in the body", that is, while we are in our corporeal existence.
This is just pitiful. Your claim that the "us" only refers to the work of the apostles is beyond absurd. He was speaking to an audience of believers, and was using the plural personal pronoun. He SAID "WE ALL". That means every believer. Do you really think that you're not going to face the Bema? Pure ignorance to think that nonsense.

In 1 Corinthians 3 Paul CLEARLY applied this judgment principle to the Apostles alone saying, "I am speaking FIGURATIVELY of Apollos and myself (4:6)." No believer will be judged in the afterlife.
Ignorance of subject and context.

But the APOSTLES were under special dispensation because they were administrators of the new covenant. They could lose temporal blessings iin their corporeal existence depending upon their faithfulness.
Your view is just a very clever way to skirt around the very clear WARNINGS to all believers. The Bema is a judgment of WORKS for the believer, to determine what and how many rewards in eternity, or lack thereof from 2 Cor 5:10 AND Rev 21:12 just as much as the Great White Throne judgment is a judgment of WORKS for the unbeliever, to determine the level "more or less tolerable" conditions in the lake of fire, which Jesus taught in Matt 10:15 and 11:22 and 24.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

EmSw

White Horse Rider
Apr 26, 2014
✟66,544.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Thanks for expressing your total lack of understanding of what the Bible teaches in 1 Cor 3:14-15 - 14 If what he has built survives, he will receive his reward. 15 If it is burned up, he will suffer loss; he himself will be saved, but only as one escaping through the flames.

There you have it in ONE verse: suffer loss but himself will be saved.

So please tell me, what does "suffer loss" mean in the context of "will be saved"? Not temporal blessings, I can assure you.

1 Corinthians 3
5 Who then is Paul, and who is Apollos, but ministers through whom you believed, as the Lord gave to each one?
6 I planted, Apollos watered, but God gave the increase.
7 So then neither he who plants is anything, nor he who waters, but God who gives the increase.
8 Now he who plants and he who waters are one, and each one will receive his own reward according to his own labor.
9 For we are God’s fellow workers; you are God’s field, you are God’s building.
10 According to the grace of God which was given to me, as a wise master builder I have laid the foundation, and another builds on it. But let each one take heed how he builds on it.
11 For no other foundation can anyone lay than that which is laid, which is Jesus Christ.
12 Now if anyone builds on this foundation with gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, straw,
13 each one’s work will become clear; for the Day will declare it, because it will be revealed by fire; and the fire will test each one’s work, of what sort it is.
14 If anyone’s work which he has built on it endures, he will receive a reward.
15 If anyone’s work is burned, he will suffer loss; but he himself will be saved, yet so as through fire.

What is being built upon the foundation? Paul said he laid the foundation and another builds on it. In verse 9, Paul said, 'you are God's building'. Paul is speaking of people as that which is built on the foundation. People are the gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, and straw. He is speaking of working together with others to build on the foundation.

In 1 Corinthians 9:1, we read this from Paul -

Am I not an apostle? Am I not free? Have I not seen Jesus Christ our Lord? Are you not my work in the Lord?

So, a man's work (people) will become clear, for they will be tested by fire to see what sort they are. Some will be gold, silver, and precious stones. Others will be wood, hay, and straw. Those who are revealed as wood, hay, and straw, will be burned by fire. But the others endure the fire. Since you worked to build these people on the foundation, you will suffer loss when they are revealed and burned.

However, it does not affect your salvation, that is, you, the builder will be saved despite how these people turn out.

Upvote 0

FreeGrace2

Senior Veteran
Nov 15, 2012
USA
✟184,557.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Paul's purpose was that they might examine themselves whether they be in the faith. Look, carnal man, God must ALWAYS see you in Christ. This means that he CANNOT find any fault in you at any time ever.
Really, oh one who does not understand much Scripture??

Consider what Paul wrote: 1 Thess 4:1-8
1 Finally, brothers, we instructed you how to live in order to please God, as in fact you are living. Now we ask you and urge you in the Lord Jesus to do this more and more.
2 For you know what instructions we gave you by the authority of the Lord Jesus.
3 It is God’s will that you should be sanctified: that you should avoid sexual immorality;
4 that each of you should learn to control his own body
in a way that is holy and honorable,
5 not in passionate lust like the heathen, who do not know God;
6 and that in this matter no one should wrong his brother or take advantage of him. The Lord will punish men for all such sins, as we have already told you and warned you.
7 For God did not call us to be impure, but to live a holy life.
8 Therefore, he who rejects this instruction does not reject man but God, who gives you his Holy Spirit.

I needed to quote all 8 verses to show the context for v.6, where we are told outright that the Lord will PUNISH men for all such sins, and that Paul had already TOLD and WARNED them. And the context is believers, or "brothers", being instructed in "how to live in order to please God".

Such wording easily precludes any notion that Paul was thinking of any unbelievers when he wrote this passage.

And he clearly SAYS that the Lord will PUNISH those who commit "such sins" as he lists here in this passage. in fact, he was WARNING the believers of the Lord's PUNISHMENT.

Your views are in direct contrast and contradiction to what Paul wrote.

Are you comfortable with that?

Upvote 0

FreeGrace2

Senior Veteran
Nov 15, 2012
USA
✟184,557.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
1 Corinthians 3
5 Who then is Paul, and who is Apollos, but ministers through whom you believed, as the Lord gave to each one?
6 I planted, Apollos watered, but God gave the increase.
7 So then neither he who plants is anything, nor he who waters, but God who gives the increase.
8 Now he who plants and he who waters are one, and each one will receive his own reward according to his own labor.
9 For we are God’s fellow workers; you are God’s field, you are God’s building.
10 According to the grace of God which was given to me, as a wise master builder I have laid the foundation, and another builds on it. But let each one take heed how he builds on it.
11 For no other foundation can anyone lay than that which is laid, which is Jesus Christ.
12 Now if anyone builds on this foundation with gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, straw,
13 each one’s work will become clear; for the Day will declare it, because it will be revealed by fire; and the fire will test each one’s work, of what sort it is.
14 If anyone’s work which he has built on it endures, he will receive a reward.
15 If anyone’s work is burned, he will suffer loss; but he himself will be saved, yet so as through fire.

What is being built upon the foundation? Paul said he laid the foundation and another builds on it. In verse 9, Paul said, 'you are God's building'. Paul is speaking of people as that which is built on the foundation. People are the gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, and straw. He is speaking of working together with others to build on the foundation.

In 1 Corinthians 9:1, we read this from Paul -

Am I not an apostle? Am I not free? Have I not seen Jesus Christ our Lord? Are you not my work in the Lord?

So, a man's work (people) will become clear, for they will be tested by fire to see what sort they are. Some will be gold, silver, and precious stones. Others will be wood, hay, and straw. Those who are revealed as wood, hay, and straw, will be burned by fire. But the others endure the fire. Since you worked to build these people on the foundation, you will suffer loss when they are revealed and burned.
Uh, what, exactly, will one lose? Please advise.

However, it does not affect your salvation, that is, you, the builder will be saved despite how these people turn out.
Your analysis misses the mark by a mile. v.14 is about receiving a reward. v.15 is about loss of a reward.

Upvote 0