Upvote 0

garry2

Apr 4, 2007
✟3,053.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
The Words everlasting, forever and ever and eternal, appear in some English translations, but they are not the correct words....they never appeared even once in the original Languages the NT was written in.

Era age Eon, or eonion are the correct translations, but many people are not aware of this....

There are arguments for and against, but the reality is that the Sin debt of all of creation was attoned for at the Cross.
No half measures as God used his own son to settle that matter....there is no possibility at all of ever lasting consequences you see.
Era consequences....yes, long ages consequences....yes, eonion consequences.....yes.

Everlasting consequences.....not possible, the sacraficial Lamb of God made certain of that.

Peace
The greek word used for "ever" in that verse according to strongs concordance is aion, which has more meaning than what you gave.

G165
αἰών
aiōn
ahee-ohn'
From the same as G104; properly an age; by extension perpetuity (also past); by implication the world; specifically (Jewish) a Messianic period (present or future): - age, course, eternal, (for) ever (-more), [n-]ever, (beginning of the, while the) world (began, without end). Compare G5550.

The Lamb's sacrifice is not for all, but for all that accept it in faith.
No where is satan said to have faith in Jesus sacrifice, or that he comes to repentance.

Jesus even said judas iscariot is lost.

John 17:12 While I was with them in the world, I kept them in thy name: those that thou gavest me I have kept, and none of them is lost, but the son of perdition; that the scripture might be fulfilled.

None of the apostles are lost except one judas iscariot who Jesus called the son of perdition.

The greek word for lost here is apollumi.

G622
ἀπόλλυμι
apollumi
ap-ol'-loo-mee
From G575 and the base of G3639; to destroy fully (reflexively to perish,die, lose, mar, perish.
or lose), literally or figuratively: - destroy,

Upvote 0

zeke37

IMO...
May 24, 2007
✟20,694.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
The greek word used for "ever" in that verse according to strongs concordance is aion, which has more meaning than what you gave.

G165
αἰών
aiōn
ahee-ohn'
From the same as G104; properly an age; by extension perpetuity (also past); by implication the world; specifically (Jewish) a Messianic period (present or future): - age, course, eternal, (for) ever (-more), [n-]ever, (beginning of the, while the) world (began, without end). Compare G5550.

I'm really not following the conversation all that much garry2, but I thiought that you might klike to know, you mis explained the Strong's definition

G165
αἰών
aiōn
ahee-ohn'

the red words are what the english translaters decided to use...but the meaning of the greek is not neccissarily those words...infact that is the whole point of the concordance

it is their understanding at the time....(KJV 1611 and later revisions)

the definition is in blue above is what the word means/can mean.

The Lamb's sacrifice is not for all, but for all that accept it in faith.
No where is satan said to have faith in Jesus sacrifice, or that he comes to repentance.

Jesus even said judas iscariot is lost.

small point but, no He did not say that...
you (and many others) believe that Judas is implied,
but it is not written as so...

John 17:12 While I was with them in the world, I kept them in thy name: those that thou gavest me I have kept, and none of them is lost, but the son of perdition; that the scripture might be fulfilled.

None of the apostles are lost except one judas iscariot who Jesus called the son of perdition.
some other followers later on in the NT do not follow in the faith...two are killed by the Holy Spirit, and others stop being Christian.

some are definitely lost...but the possibility of Salvation through the Sacrifice of Christ, is lost to no man....

only to Satan(and his angels), who is named...by name to perish (son of Perdition)...is lost. Christ cannot cover that one...

Upvote 0

garry2

Apr 4, 2007
✟3,053.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I'm really not following the conversation all that much garry2, but I thiought that you might klike to know, you mis explained the Strong's definition

G165
αἰών
aiōn
ahee-ohn'

the red words are what the english translaters decided to use...but the meaning of the greek is not neccissarily those words...infact that is the whole point of the concordance

I copied and pasted the exact strongs definition that you did.
You might be interisted to know that the word " perpetuity " which is in the blue means " goes on for ever and ever ".
( endless or indefinitely long duration or existence; eternity ).

I know judas is implied, who else could it be at that time, that the Father gave Jesus and became lost.

Upvote 0

interpreter

Mar 4, 2004
Texas
✟7,377.00
Faith
Anglican
The lake of fire is earth -- after God rains down fire from heaven. Then everyone will be raised from the dead, and judged according to their works. Those deemed worthy will then live on a "new" earth where there is no sea (probably Mars). The others will be cast into the lake of fire (i.e, earth, or what's left of it).

Upvote 0

B1inHim

LOVE one another
Nov 27, 2004
Cucamonga, Ca
✟10,781.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
In Relationship
The Lake of Fire burning with Brimstone is spiritual. The symbolism revealed!

Lake symbolizes Water
- Washing of regeneration
- Baptism of repentance for the forgiveness of sins - Baptised in Water [Lake]
- Being born of water - Rebirth

Fire symbolizes Spirit
- The Renewing of the Holy Spirit
- Baptism of Fire - Salted with Fire
- Being born of Spirit - Rebirth

(John 3:5)
Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born of water [Lake] and the Spirit [Fire] he cannot enter the Kingdom of God.

Brimstone symbolizes Purification
- Used in the purification of temples - The greeks burned brimstone to purify their temples of worship
- Consecration - To make Holy unto God
- Being cleansed of sin - Sanctification

(1 Corinthians 3:16)
Don’t you know that you are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwells in you?

Torment symbolizes Suffering
- Trial by Fire
- Affliction - Way of the Cross
- Being chastised by God - Disiplinary punishment of sinners

(Acts 4:22)
We must through much tribulation [suffering] enter the kingdom of God.

(Hebrews 12:5-7)
My sons, do not despise the chastening of the Lord, nor be discouraged when you are rebuked by Him; for whom the Lord loves He chastens, and scourges every son whom He receives. If you endure chastening, God deals with you as with sons; for what son is there whom a father does not chasten?

Second Death symbolizes the Death of the Sinful nature
- Dying to Sin [second death] - Releases us from the law of sin and death
- Death of the old man - Crucifying the Flesh
- To pass from death to life - Transformation into spiritual creatures in Christ
- Being redeemed from the power of Death and Hades [grave] - Made incorruptible and Immortal

(Romans 6:6)
For we know that our old self was crucified with him so that the body of sin might be done away with, that we should no longer be slaves to sin because anyone who has died [second death] has been freed from sin.

To be cast into the spiritual Lake of Fire burning with Brimstone is to be baptized of water [Lake] and the Spirit [Fire] consecrating [With Brimstone] the temple of God.

Nope, this is the SECOND DEATH...

Upvote 0

zeke37

IMO...
May 24, 2007
✟20,694.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
G165
αἰών
aiōn
ahee-ohn'

garry2=
I copied and pasted the exact strongs definition that you did.

and you misrepresented the definition...by accident I suppose...I'm not saying otherwise

but you highlighted (to try to prove your point) the english translations instead of the Greek definition.

hence the admonishment.

You might be interisted to know that the word " perpetuity " which is in the blue means " goes on for ever and ever ".
( endless or indefinitely long duration or existence; eternity ).

ok then...

I know judas is implied, who else could it be at that time, that the Father gave Jesus and became lost.

Satan, the son NAMED by NAME to go into perdition...

you know....

The one that did not repent...(as Judas did)
The one that did not try to get the crucifixion stopped (as Judas did),
and the one that was not murdered for it...(as Judas was)

Upvote 0

garry2

Apr 4, 2007
✟3,053.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
[/size]

and you misrepresented the definition...by accident I suppose...I'm not saying otherwise

but you highlighted (to try to prove your point) the english translations instead of the Greek definition.

hence the admonishment.

For the second time or third, I highlighted the parts that the former poster hadn't, just as I said.

ok then...

you know....

judas did not repent, some things can not be repented off.
Many scriptures say it, and i have posted them often.

too late, too bad for him.

he comitted souicide, strange that you stick up for judas and watching for satan etc. anyway glad I'm not.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

garry2

Apr 4, 2007
✟3,053.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
[/size]

I posted it exactly as strongs defination said. but you continue to say otherwise.

hence the admonishment.

as I have already said I highlighted the ones that the former poster neglicted to.

ok then...

Completely un bibical.

you know....

judas was beyond repentance.

he was looking out for himself, he handed over the King of the world to crufixion.

judas comitted suicide.
your sticking up for judas and satan is to be commended. not.

Upvote 0

garry2

Apr 4, 2007
✟3,053.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
but anyway, Judas did repent, trying to stop the crucifixion shows it

he was gripped with fear of his fate.

and was hung on a tree and cut so his guts poured out...so he was murdered for it...

he comitted suicide, what kind of being would wan't to twist scripture to say otherwise.

all and all, God is the Judge, not you or I...so let's let Him do it, OK?

God judged judas 2000 years ago.

he is lost. That dosn't bother most.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

garry2

Apr 4, 2007
✟3,053.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship

and was hung on a tree and cut so his guts poured out...so he was murdered for it...

again saying what scripture dosn't.

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution

where is this written?

Upvote 0

Jpark

Oct 11, 2008
✟13,882.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hell exists. Hell is there.

1. Hades and Gehenna are symbolic references to the lake of fire. When the unbeliever dies, he is immediately in torments in the lake of fire.

Luke 16:22-23 So it was that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels to Abraham’s bosom. The rich man also died and was buried. And being in torments in Hades, he lifted up his eyes and saw Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom.

Matthew 10:28 And do not fear those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. But rather fear Him who is able to destroy both soul and body in hell [Gehenna].

2. Abyss and Tartarus are symbolic references to the bottomless pit. The bottomless pit is the prison for demons.

Luke 8:31 And they begged Him that He would not command them to go out into the abyss.

2 Peter 2:4 For if God did not spare the angels who sinned, but cast them down to hell and delivered them into chains of darkness, to be reserved for judgment;

3. The lake of fire is a lake of fire. The bottomless pit is the bottom of the lake of fire.

Revelation 9:2-3 And he opened the bottomless pit, and smoke arose out of the pit like the smoke of a great furnace. So the sun and the air were darkened because of the smoke of the pit. Then out of the smoke locusts [demons] came upon the earth.

Here's a picture: This is Spa - Hell! :ahah:

My father drew this for me. :pray:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Hell exists. Hell is there.

1. Hades and Gehenna are symbolic references to the lake of fire. When the unbeliever dies, he is immediately in torments in the lake of fire.

Luke 16:22-23 So it was that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels to Abraham’s bosom. The rich man also died and was buried. And being in torments in Hades, he lifted up his eyes and saw Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom.

Matthew 10:28 And do not fear those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. But rather fear Him who is able to destroy both soul and body in hell [Gehenna].

2. Abyss and Tartarus are symbolic references to the bottomless pit. The bottomless pit is the prison for demons.

Luke 8:31 And they begged Him that He would not command them to go out into the abyss.

2 Peter 2:4 For if God did not spare the angels who sinned, but cast them down to hell and delivered them into chains of darkness, to be reserved for judgment;

3. The lake of fire is a lake of fire. The bottomless pit is the bottom of the lake of fire.

Revelation 9:2-3 And he opened the bottomless pit, and smoke arose out of the pit like the smoke of a great furnace. So the sun and the air were darkened because of the smoke of the pit. Then out of the smoke locusts came upon the earth.

Here's a picture: This is Spa - Hell! :ahah:

My father drew this for me. :pray:

edifying post....couldn't see the picture clearly or what was written...

Upvote 0