The infertility timebomb: Are men facing rapid extinction?

Nathan Poe

Sep 21, 2002
United States
✟41,319.00
Faith
Agnostic
Politics
US-Democrat
Did I say that? Those are your words, your perception of what I wrote, and your marginalization.

Your lack of denial.

Somebody (probably Ted Turner, maybe not) paid for a stone scupture with some wacky ideas carved on it, and it's got your knickers in a twist about the New World Order.

Anything inaccurate about what I said?

Upvote 0

nathanlandon1

Feb 4, 2010
✟8,118.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Your lack of denial.

Somebody (probably Ted Turner, maybe not) paid for a stone scupture with some wacky ideas carved on it, and it's got your knickers in a twist about the New World Order.

Anything inaccurate about what I said?

Yes, you are wrong about everything you said, especially about who built it.

I am not going to exchange with you anymore, as you marginalize things you do not understand, do not care about, and things you do not care to understand.

Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,090,732.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Is the decline in sperm production a worldwide phenomenon, or does it only occur in certain cultures?

If it is worldwide, is it a possible human adaptation to the overpopulation of our planet? A way to insure mankind's survival by lowering fertility to appropriate levels?

Upvote 0

Nathan Poe

Sep 21, 2002
United States
✟41,319.00
Faith
Agnostic
Politics
US-Democrat
Yes, you are wrong about everything you said, especially about who built it.

I am not going to exchange with you anymore, as you marginalize things you do not understand, do not care about, and things you do not care to understand.

Too bad, because you've been quite the source of amusement.

Upvote 0

sword_of_truth

Feb 28, 2010
Visit site
✟15,499.00
Faith
Christian
Nathanlandon

Mate, I'm not trying to bat for the Eugenicists...my comments were with my tongue firmly in my cheek! I want to see the advocates of global eugenics lead by example and offer themselves first on the altar of Gaia worship. We're on the same side buddy!

Are you kidding me? Do you know who made the Georgia Guidestones? Why do you think it is in sevral languages WRITTEN IN STONE, including SANSKRIT?

3. Unite humanity with a living new language.

4. Rule passion - faith - tradition - and all things with tempered reason.

5. Protect people and nations with fair laws and just courts.

6. Let all nations rule internally resolving external disputes in a world court.

7. Avoid petty laws and useless officials

8. Balance personal rights with social duties.

9. Prize truth - beauty - love - seeking harmony with the infinite.

10. Be not a cancer on the earth - Leave room for nature - Leave room for nature

The Georgia Guidestones are Luciferian/Draconian guides for a new Babylon/Rome/Persia/World Governing system.

How do you think we will get to under 500,000,000? That is a 95% reduction in population. Who do you think should be phased out? Which group is most undesirable for perpetual balance with nature? Nature is not making men infertile, men are making men infertile. We breath air full of chemicals, the food is genetically modified and engineered, the water is full of chemical byproducts. This is NOT "nature." Do you think any other human should guide YOUR reproduction? Have you heard about the 2 child limit in China?

I am not asking rhetorical questions. I would like to know.

"Novus Ordo Seclorum"

Upvote 0

Billnew

Legend
Apr 23, 2004
Ohio
Visit site
✟35,363.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Is the decline in sperm production a worldwide phenomenon, or does it only occur in certain cultures?

If it is worldwide, is it a possible human adaptation to the overpopulation of our planet? A way to insure mankind's survival by lowering fertility to appropriate levels?
The study does not seem to investigate men according to nation, locality
or other external enviromental issues.

If all men are producing less, then hormonal additives would not cause this, as third world countries would not have as much additives, and they eat a drastically different diet.
I wonder if they looked at history of the person. Does the reduction in number of babies a person has had compared to long ago, has something to do with it. Many third world countries have large birth rates. Do they also have better sperm production? If you don't use it, you,loose it?

This study identifies the problem, future studies will follow up on this study, I am sure.

Upvote 0

Phylogeny

Veteran
Dec 28, 2004
✟2,426.00
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
Never understood why every time people talk about falling male fertility rates, the idea that eating soy comes up as a culprit.

Ahem, the populous country in the world is CHINA, much of that population get their main protein diet from TOFU and other SOY based products. In fact, the average Chinese man gets their protein from soy like the avg American male gets their protein from beef.

If soy was indeed the culprit, I'd think the Chinese people would have died out thousands of years ago.

Upvote 0

Lulav

Y'shua is His Name
Aug 24, 2007
✟494,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
Never understood why every time people talk about falling male fertility rates, the idea that eating soy comes up as a culprit.

Ahem, the populous country in the world is CHINA, much of that population get their main protein diet from TOFU and other SOY based products. In fact, the average Chinese man gets their protein from soy like the avg American male gets their protein from beef.

If soy was indeed the culprit, I'd think the Chinese people would have died out thousands of years ago.
Ahem, do your research first, I have. I used to love popping Edamame, even got it fresh from an organic farm. Then I started to really read up on it after I noticed more and more feilds of it growing and more and more of it in everyday foods.

Soy consumption started in China and during the Zhou Dynasty (1134 to 246 BC) the soybean was regarded as one of the ‘five sacred grains’. The rest were millet, rice, barley and wheat.
Historical evidence suggests, however, that soy beans were not used as food before the Zhou dynasty. Instead, soybeans were used mainly in agriculture, as part of crop rotation. Farmers planted soy beans to enrich the soil.
During the Zhou Dynasty, fermentation of soybeans was discovered and this led to the production of foods like soy sauce, miso and douchi (Chinese fermented black beans). Tofu or bean curd came later, probably around the 2nd century BC.

The use of soy products later spread across Asia. Natto, a form of fermented soybeans popular in Japanese cuisine, is believed by some food historians to have also originated from China during the Zhou period. Tempeh, also made from fermented soybeans, originated in Indonesia.
Thus, the first soy products to be eaten were made fermented – not from regular beans.

And even when Asians ate non-fermented soy products like tofu, these were eaten as side dishes. The main food in traditional Asian diets has always been grains – such as rice, millet, barley or wheat.
And the second main food has always been vegetables. Beans, including tofu and fermented soy products, never formed the main part of typical Asian diets.

You can also take a look at this:

Myths and TRUTH about SOY

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Museveni

Homo Sapiens Invictus
Feb 28, 2007
Sweden
✟8,845.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Ahem, do your research first, I have. I used to love popping Edamame, even got it fresh from an organic farm. Then I started to really read up on it after I noticed more and more feilds of it growing and more and more of it in everyday foods.

Soy consumption started in China and during the Zhou Dynasty (1134 to 246 BC) the soybean was regarded as one of the ‘five sacred grains’. The rest were millet, rice, barley and wheat.
Historical evidence suggests, however, that soy beans were not used as food before the Zhou dynasty. Instead, soybeans were used mainly in agriculture, as part of crop rotation. Farmers planted soy beans to enrich the soil.
During the Zhou Dynasty, fermentation of soybeans was discovered and this led to the production of foods like soy sauce, miso and douchi (Chinese fermented black beans). Tofu or bean curd came later, probably around the 2nd century BC.

The use of soy products later spread across Asia. Natto, a form of fermented soybeans popular in Japanese cuisine, is believed by some food historians to have also originated from China during the Zhou period. Tempeh, also made from fermented soybeans, originated in Indonesia.
Thus, the first soy products to be eaten were made fermented – not from regular beans.

And even when Asians ate non-fermented soy products like tofu, these were eaten as side dishes. The main food in traditional Asian diets has always been grains – such as rice, millet, barley or wheat.
And the second main food has always been vegetables. Beans, including tofu and fermented soy products, never formed the main part of typical Asian diets.

Weston A. Price foundation is nothing but a bunch of "Raw Food" people who are against any "industrilised" food such as Soy products. Heck their "research" is even from a dietitian or even someone with nutritional background....its from a freaking dentist, a dentist people!! Sure nothing against dentists as a whole but I'd rather get my facts from someone who's actully studied this stuff just like I'd rather get information on sea safety from the Coast Guard rather then McDonalds.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: moonkitty
Upvote 0

Lulav

Y'shua is His Name
Aug 24, 2007
✟494,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
Weston A. Price foundation is nothing but a bunch of "Raw Food" (washmymouth) jobs who got a major (washmymouth) against any "industrilised" food such as Soy products. Heck their "research" is even from a dietitian or even someone with nutritional background....its from a (washmymouth) dentist, a dentist people!! Sure nothing against dentists as a whole but I'd rather get my facts from someone who's actully studied this stuff just like I'd rather get information on sea safety from the Coast Guard rather then McDonalds.

The link I provided is a compilation of research by those on staff. There are plenty of CCN's (certified Clinical Nutritionists) on Board with Doctorates in Nutritional Sciences. Dr Price has been dead for quite some time, but it is his research around the world that started this foundation.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Phylogeny

Veteran
Dec 28, 2004
✟2,426.00
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single

Ok, first off, I would request that your research be via mainstream publications, preferably one I can find through PubMed, not some dubious website. As stated in the defunct Evolution/Creationism forum, peer-reviewed journals by mainstream scientists, please.

And second of all, I grew up in a Chinese household. I eat Chinese food at home. I visit my grandmother in Sichuan, China.

I also shop with my parents at Chinese grocery stores. And one thing I noticed is that bean curds and bean based products are an integral ingredient in many Chinese dishes. The pastries that are traditionally ingested during Chinese New Years, and other major holidays/events, are bean based paste. Probably half the products my parents buy have some bean derivatives to it.

Tofu, in it's myriad forms, are a significant part of the Sichuan, if not Chinese diet (although Sichuan is one of the most populous provinces in China and Sichuan dishes are commonly cooked in other provinces).

I have a understanding of what the 'average' Chinese family eats and soy and bean are a major part of the Chinese diet. My entire extended family are fed on soy based products as a major component. The reason is traditionally tofu and beans are cheaper than meat in China.

Rice is the main staple, eaten as Europeans may eat their bread, and vegetables are eaten as major side dishes, but tofu and beans are made into a significant amount of Chinese dishes. It is commonly added into many dishes which may not be called 'tofu'. My dad cooks it into vegetable dishes, my mom used to add it into steamed fish.

As for beans....it IS a major source of protein for most Chinese when my parents were growing up because meat used to be very, very expensive. During the famine in the 60's, my dad only ate meat twice a year.

Do Chinese people eat a lot of soy based products? Yes. Do we eat a lot of beans? Yes. Are Chinese men losing becoming infertile? Hmmm, the government perhaps wishes sometimes. :D

Upvote 0

Lulav

Y'shua is His Name
Aug 24, 2007
✟494,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
But you are American, no? Are the soybean crops in china industrialized? I have read also that genetics and culture can play a part in this. You mentioned eating lots of beans, but are you specifically saying you eat a lot of fresh edemame? or fermented products? Also how many processed soy products are consumed in a typical Chinese diet? Do the Chinese plant GMO soybeans?

And Weston Price Foundation is not a dubious website. And this is the News and Current events forum not Evolution and Creation. I don't tend to go by what is put out as propaganda in the Mainstream news. Many things are happening to Americans through our foods that 99% aren't aware of.

I have been studying nutrition for over 35 years. I also have certain medical conditions that cause me to be aware of everything I eat. I used to be a big fan of edamame and loved stir fried veggies, but with all I've been reading and comparing it to certain troubles I've had, I can see by stopping the intake it has had an impact.

Upvote 0