Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
"It seems that the movement of the Holy Spirit is well sought after in Pentecostal circles."

Yup, although not as single mindedly as it USED to be. "Pentcostalism" is what FUll Gospel churches are about, after all.

"Do you all think that He doesn't move in say a calm traditional Church?"

There ARE some that think that, of course, but in FACT The Holy Spirit moves in NON-Pentecostal bodies as well. I spent several years in the United CHurch of Christ, and witnessd just as much "Moving of the Spirit" as I'd seen over the decades in the Assemblies of God. A Good deal "Quieter", though.

"What does spirit filled mean?"

It means to be motivated BY, and moving in the illumination, and unction of the Holy Spirit. Like Peter and the cripple (Silver and Gold have I none - etc). Peter didn't "Ask God" to heal the guy, and didn't "pray for healing" - HE KNEW (in the Spirit) what God was going to do, and simply SPOKE the healing to the fellow in absolute FAITH that It would happen. He was "Spirit filled".

"Is not a bible believing, non-denom church spirit filled without the gifts of the Spirit evident like it is in Pentacostal churches?"

Sometimes, sometimes not. Depends on the individual church, and it's ministry. There ARE "Bible Believeing Christian churches" that teach that ANY miracle you might see in 2014 is SATANIC - because God doesn't DO THAT any more. And there are any number of churches that are "Pleasantly surprised", when God moves in their midst.

But IF they're trusting Jesus for their salvation, and are Born again of the Spirit, they're still "Good to Go" - just theologically ignorant.

"Is the Holy Spirit with churches that don't tongues and interpretation, and slaying in the spirit, etc.?"

Sure - The Holy Spirit INDWELLS ALL CHRISTIANS, regardless of the "Denominational Paradigm" they happen to find themselves in. It's not ABOUT GIfts, but about seeking HIM - taking HIS yoke upon you , and LEARNING OF HIM. Seek FIRST the Kingdom of God and HIS righteousness - and all the other stuff will take care of itself. And if/when HE gives you "Tongues" (Or other gifts) - then just manifest 'em as HE leads you. Simple as that.

What I always tell folks is that: When you've Spoken in an "unknown tongue", and that "Tongue" was UNDERSTOOD by somebody listening, and the Message that you spoke in the Spirit SAVED HIS LIFE!!!

Then you've accomplished in the Spirit what an A$$ was empowered to do in the Old Testament - just ask Baalam. So much for "Pride" in your "Anointing" (the Corinthian problem).

-here we have another set of answers to the OP's questions ..given with a slightly differing explanation then mine .. but with which ..
i fully agree all the same :)

Upvote 0