Far, far away from here
✟18,154.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I didn't have time to exercise yesterday so I built time in to do it. We had to be at the baseball fields by 5:45, so we got there a little early and I walked laps around the adjacent football field until game time. :)

Upvote 0

Wren

Dec 19, 2006
PNW
✟33,144.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
I did my strength training workout (with and without weights) and went for a walk. It's nice because it's finally in the upper 40s for a high today and the snow is almost entirely gone, so I checked out the nearby trails. Unfortunately, I don't think I'll be using them for my walks (and will have to stick to the sidewalks) because they don't seem safe for walking on by myself. Where I used to live, the trail system was great and there was enough people around, with busy traffic not far off, so it felt really safe.

Upvote 0

Stravinsk

Neo Baroque/Rococo Classical Artist
Mar 4, 2009
Australia
✟9,955.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Politics
US-Libertarian
I had soaked seeds/nuts/quinoa with my salad today mixed with tomato, tartare and italian dressing.

I knew chia seeds had lots of omega 3's and 6's...but what I didn't know was:

• According to study, Chia possesses the highest percentage of the polyunsaturated fatty acids(linolenic and linoleic) of all crops. Chia seed contain 60% omega 3 fatty acids.
  • The protein content of Chia is higher that other nutritional grains. Unlike other grains, it is a complete protein, meaning that it has the appropriate balance of all essential amino acids. About 19 to 23% of chia seed weight is protein.
  • Chia seed is high in fiber, a 15 gm serving of chia seeds will provide 4 to 5 gm of fiber. Our body requires at least 35 gm of fiber a day to stay healthy.
  • Chia seed contain boron which is essential for bone health.
  • Chia seed is rich in calcium, about 2 oz of chia seeds contains 600 mg of Calcium, as compared to 120 mg for a cup of milk.
  • Chia seeds has 2 times more potassium than banana.
  • Chia seeds has 3 times more antioxidants than blueberries.
Wow...I soaked them overnight and came up with a gel in the morning. It was basically tasteless - so the taste comes with whatever you add to it in the forms of spice and sauces. This is a great food I'm definately going to add to my daily diet!

Upvote 0

Aino

God's own
May 16, 2009
Finland
✟37,132.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I got some disheartening news last night and was craving comfort food because of it. Instead of giving in to the craving,I made a smoothie using low-fat yogurt and frozen fruit.

:hug: I totally know the feeling..! Or perhaps not but whatever, I think I do anyways.

They've been less choices then accidents, but I walked to school and back (since I still haven't bothered myself with loading more time on my bus ticket) and didn't have the candy I was about to buy since I'd lost my wallet LOL. :p

Upvote 0

FaithPrevails

May 7, 2006
Far, far away from here
✟18,154.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
:hug: I totally know the feeling..! Or perhaps not but whatever, I think I do anyways.

They've been less choices then accidents, but I walked to school and back (since I still haven't bothered myself with loading more time on my bus ticket) and didn't have the candy I was about to buy since I'd lost my wallet LOL. :p

haha I've done something like that before. :p

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

illudium_phosdex

Insert witty title here.
Dec 5, 2005
Alaska
✟14,932.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Last night I walked 2 miles. This morning I had breakfast again (it wasn't super healthy but it was something). I had some cottage cheese for snack. And for lunch I had a bean and cheese burrito and an apple; oh, and a few bites of my daughter's mac and cheese. My afternoon snack is going to be some vanilla kefir and maybe some whole wheat crackers. And I've already mentioned this on the dinner thread but dinner will be tomato and lentil curry over brown rice. I'll probably add a little sautéed chicken to it.

Upvote 0

Stravinsk

Neo Baroque/Rococo Classical Artist
Mar 4, 2009
Australia
✟9,955.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Politics
US-Libertarian
I made some yummy vegi-burgers from chickpeas,oat flour, whole wheat flower, chia gel for egg replacement(soaked chia seeds), tomato and soy sauce, garlic powder and black pepper. They are super yummy and have been my main protein source today along with a little corn and green peas.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Lena75

Aug 11, 2004
✟21,104.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I've been using the clothes line instead of a dryer for the past 2-3 weeks. I really don't have a choice since my dryer died on me 2 -3 weeks ago and I'm realizing how really convenient a dryer really is. Then again, using a clothes line means having to go all the way outside, wipe down the line (amazing how dirty a line can get! Thank you feathered friends! :p) Also been working out with Blast Fat Boost Metabolism Jillian dvd. Noticing much more energy lately :thumbsup:!

Upvote 0