✟9,955.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Politics
US-Libertarian
Things I did that were healthy:

Pineapple blended with frozen strawberries for breakfast
Edit: forgot - Had basmatti rice, corn,green peas and quinoa for midmorning meal (was up very early today)
Whole grain wraps with spiced pinto beans and veggies for late lunch

Did Wednesday workout per schedule

Drank lots of water during the day

Only smoked a few cigarettes in the morning (instead of lots)

Had a good catch up/talk with my friend Shaun

Committed to memory the relationship between caffeine and insulin and weight gain based on articles I was reading today

Things I did that were unhealthy:

Ate a small bag of potato chips for snack(I wasn't even hungry, but they looked tasty, downside of working part time in a convenient store) - which brought blood glucose high, then fell down again as insulin kicked in and I felt fatigued

Had a weak cup of coffee with sugar to recuperate from low blood glucose/high insulin

smoked cigarettes after I removed the nicotine patch late morning

drank beer after work

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Luther073082

κύριε ἐλέησον χριστὲ ἐλέησον
Apr 1, 2007
New Carlisle, IN
✟31,326.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I went on 2 mile walk with the dog on Monday.

BTW going on a walk with our dog is an extra workout because you have to hold the leash and physically keep him from eating random things he finds at the side of the road. Plus my route takes my by my parent's house twice. . . and our dog knows that his friend Shaggy (My parent's dog) lives there and wants to go play and tries to drag you with him.

Upvote 0

FaithPrevails

May 7, 2006
Far, far away from here
✟18,154.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I ate high fiber oatmeal and a navel orange so far today.

I also kissed my family and told all of them I love them when I departed from each of them today. :D

I need to start exercising. So, I'm going to try and make a healthy choice related to that today, as well. I might try to walk at the baseball fields tonight while son's game is going on. Sitting on the bleachers for two hours = boring. :sorry:

Upvote 0

Stravinsk

Neo Baroque/Rococo Classical Artist
Mar 4, 2009
Australia
✟9,955.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Politics
US-Libertarian
Yesterday's healthy activities:

280 HIIT jumping jacks (20 normal speed, 20 full out - repeat)
80 squats
4 sets of chest flat flies

lentils, brown rice and veggies and spices for mid morning breaky

Brown Basmatti,quinoa, veggies and spices for lunch

Lots of water

I made a weak cup of coffee at work, then dumped it after I'd had only half(trying to quit again).

Yesterday's bad choices:

My dinner wasn't so healthy. Processed crap because I couldn't be bothered to make anything

Beer (habit)

Cigs (habit)

Upvote 0

Jeffwhosoever

Faithful Servant & Seminary Student
Christian Forums Staff
Chaplain
Angels Team
Site Supporter
Sep 21, 2009
Southern US
✟394,389.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
I'm pumping iron now that I'm over bronchitis. What a deal. 1/2 of my vacation was getting over bronchitis, but I'm 99% well (I still cough). I tried to ride the exercise bike but only lasted 10 minutes before running out of wind, but I'm trying.

Upvote 0

Stravinsk

Mar 4, 2009
Australia
✟9,955.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Politics
US-Libertarian
All of the food I ate today was of the vegan wholefood variety and healthy.

However - I tend to overeat sometimes. For lunch I had near my body weight in protein (in grams to kilo of body weight) from whole grain bread and a gluten/soy product with veggies. It was too much and an hour or so later I caved and had a coffee because I was fatigued.

Did my Friday workout per schedule. Pain is good.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

FaithPrevails

May 7, 2006
Far, far away from here
✟18,154.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I'm pumping iron now that I'm over bronchitis. What a deal. 1/2 of my vacation was getting over bronchitis, but I'm 99% well (I still cough). I tried to ride the exercise bike but only lasted 10 minutes before running out of wind, but I'm trying.

I hope you enjoyed your second half of your vacation at least! :)

Upvote 0

Scottish Knight

Veteran
Feb 17, 2010
Scotland
✟10,580.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Took vitamin D and calcium supplements today. Got some much needed sleep after work -- I've been getting up at 4:30 every morning, working 6 days this week, and working way over 8 hours most days.

Man, that's tough going!

I've managed to go the entire day without any cakes, biscuits or any other sugary food - resist the sugar cravings I keep telling myself :).

Upvote 0

Stravinsk

Mar 4, 2009
Australia
✟9,955.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Politics
US-Libertarian
Took vitamin D and calcium supplements today. Got some much needed sleep after work -- I've been getting up at 4:30 every morning, working 6 days this week, and working way over 8 hours most days.

Our bodies store vitamin D - and they do so for a long time - just make sure you get enough sunlight during the spring/summer months. :)

Sesame seeds are an excellent source of calcium. 5X more per serving than cow's milk. They also contain much more magnesium - without which your body cannot build strong bones.

Horray for sleep! :thumbsup:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Mrs. Luther073082

Commit to the LORD whatever you do - Proverbs 16:3
Jan 18, 2006
✟41,836.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Our bodies store vitamin D - and they do so for a long time - just make sure you get enough sunlight during the spring/summer months. :)

Sesame seeds are an excellent source of calcium. 5X more per serving than cow's milk. They also contain much more magnesium - without which your body cannot build strong bones.

Horray for sleep! :thumbsup:

My body did not store enough of it.

Upvote 0