The Fight Is At Your Doorstep: Who're You Standing For?

Status
Not open for further replies.

crystalpc

Veteran
Jan 11, 2004
Just this side of heaven
Visit site
✟16,754.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Politics
US-Constitution
Sociopath4Jesus said:
Why are conservative Christians so completely obsessed with gay people anyway?
Probably for the same reason that gay people are so completely obsessed with Christians wouldn't you think? I don't go to any gay forums...

Upvote 0

DianeCourt

My Dog Wants Steak
Nov 10, 2003
Oklahoma
Visit site
✟8,677.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Democrat
crystalpc said:
Probably for the same reason that gay people are so completely obsessed with Christians wouldn't you think? I don't go to any gay forums...

I'd wager that 99% of the people defending homosexuality in this thread are heterosexuals.

And I come to this forum because Christian and non-Christian debate is allowed and even encouraged on a portion of these forums. There are Christian only forums if you don't want to talk to non-believers.

Upvote 0

crystalpc

Veteran
Jan 11, 2004
Just this side of heaven
Visit site
✟16,754.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Politics
US-Constitution
Kelly said:
Why are we not out protesting pride, greed and envy? These are all sins that upset God just as much!
I would say that is because no boastful proud person is telling me I must accept them wholeheartedly, and not tell them that Jesus can change them. The same with the miser or the envious. Sin is sin.
The Lord can change our sinful nature, When Jesus told the woman caught in adultery that he didn't condemn her, he also told her go and SIN NO MORE! He has not changed. Those words have never been miracoulously erased from my bible.
Yes we need to pray for gay people we also need to pray for the sociopath, the psychopath, the proud the greedy, the envious, there is salvation for them. And he tells them just like he tells me GO AND SIN NO MORE.

Upvote 0

crystalpc

Veteran
Jan 11, 2004
Just this side of heaven
Visit site
✟16,754.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Politics
US-Constitution
DianeCourt said:
I'd wager that 99% of the people defending homosexuality in this thread are heterosexuals.

And I come to this forum because Christian and non-Christian debate is allowed and even encouraged on a portion of these forums. There are Christian only forums if you don't want to talk to non-believers.
You may be right, however that is not the point I was making the question is why are we so obsessed, why are they so obsessed?
I say again, I do not go to gay forums at all. I am not as obsessed as they are, or I would be witnessing to them there.
This is a forum for debate, they come here, why? Unless they are obsessed with what christians think. I live in America and the thought police (although they are trying very hard) is not the law of the land just yet. I have no problems with debating sinners, just don't accuse me of being the one obsessed.

Upvote 0

DianeCourt

My Dog Wants Steak
Nov 10, 2003
Oklahoma
Visit site
✟8,677.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Democrat
crystalpc said:
This is a forum for debate, they come here, why? Unless they are obsessed with what christians think.

I come here precisely BECAUSE this is a forum for debate. And I am very interested in what Christians think because many would have their beliefs be written into law. And one of their most vocal crusades is that against homosexuals. There has to be some voice of dissent, otherwise it's not much of a debate.

Upvote 0
I take it your a Christian?

Nope. I never said anything about anybody being a Christian, aside from wondering why so many conservative Christians will go to such insane lengths over this particular issue, including distorting and lying.

But I don't see this particular thread as a Christian vs. non-Christian thing at all. It has more to do with the rubbish that appears at those ridiculous right-wing websites and the people that swallow it up without checking into it themselves.

Check out burrow_owl for example. He's a Christian, and he knows.

(cheers btw, mr. burrow.)

Upvote 0

praying

Snazzy Title Goes Here
Site Supporter
Jan 9, 2004
New Jersey
✟86,040.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
crystalpc said:
I would say that is because no boastful proud person is telling me I must accept them wholeheartedly, and not tell them that Jesus can change them. The same with the miser or the envious. Sin is sin.
The Lord can change our sinful nature, When Jesus told the woman caught in adultery that he didn't condemn her, he also told her go and SIN NO MORE! He has not changed. Those words have never been miracoulously erased from my bible.
Yes we need to pray for gay people we also need to pray for the sociopath, the psychopath, the proud the greedy, the envious, there is salvation for them. And he tells them just like he tells me GO AND SIN NO MORE.

I agree sin is sin but no one is calling for an anti envy constitutional ammendmant. Some pople like to pick and choose the sins to be most vocal about and of course there are far worse sins then that which harms no one and is between two consenting hopefully loving adults

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

crystalpc

Veteran
Jan 11, 2004
Just this side of heaven
Visit site
✟16,754.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Politics
US-Constitution
Sociopath4Jesus said:
SO????

So ... they lie, distort, and deceive. See above.
And this is your opinion? Or do you have proof?

Sociopath4Jesus said:
That I wouldn't know. I'm not gay. In fact I couldn't be any further from being gay.
Good for you, but I don't care to discuss your preferences personally either. There is a certain thing about decorum and good taste, as I posted in another forum. I will discuss the fact there are homosexuals and homosexuality is a sin, and I will discuss there are heterosexuals and heterosexual sins outside of marriage. However, details of either act is not something that is appropriate for discussion in a public group, or in the workplace!
So. I am glad you are a heterosexual, but are you saved, have you been born again? Do you know that Jesus loves you? Do you know that he can change your life for the better? That he has done miracles in my own life, that are documented, and mighty?
I was born again as a young teenager. During the past 44 years he has proven himself in my life over and over. I think of where I would be without him and I shudder. Praise God for his mercy toward me.

Upvote 0

Firscherscherling

Liberal Filthy Hairless Pig-Monkey
Apr 9, 2003
✟3,271.00
Faith
Atheist
crystalpc said:
Actually, pretty much everyone as their pet sins for which they express absolutely no remorse and for which they expect you to accept them wholeheartedly. Gluttony is the most obvious. We are a very gluttonous country. Covetousness is another. Adultery is a good one. Lots of divorced people having sex and/or remarrying. Fornicators. Lots of fornicators who see absolutely nothing wrong with that. Blasphemers. The list goes on and on. But for some reason I don't see people obsessed with these things. Just homosexuality.

Someone mentioned earlier that the reason you folks sit around in your easy chairs and think constantly about gay sex and how much you hate "fagotry" as one of you likes to put it, is because it is an easy target and a sin in which you don't plan to participate. I think that is part of it. IMO the other part is the fact that many of you are gay or, more often, bisexual and your self-loathing requires you to exporess complete and undiluted hatred for homosexuality as compensation.

crystalpc said:
Oops. There is the rub again. See, my belief system tells me that it is unfair to equate homosexuals with psycopaths and sociopaths. See, its kind of like when I point out that when I have a conversation with someone who expresses hatered towards another person in the form of racism or similar bigotry, 99 times out of 100 they are professed Christians. Actually, make that 100% of the time. Even at that, I wouldn't be so morally corrupt as to equate Christians to sociopathic or psychopathic bigots. Some Christians are sociopaths and psychopaths. Some gays are also these things, but there is no connection between these afflictions and the sexual orientatin or the religious affiliation of the afflicted.

Upvote 0

crystalpc

Veteran
Jan 11, 2004
Just this side of heaven
Visit site
✟16,754.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Politics
US-Constitution
Firscherscherling said:
Oops. There is the rub again. See, my belief system tells me that it is unfair to equate homosexuals with psycopaths and sociopaths. See, its kind of like when I point out that when I have a conversation with someone who expresses hatered towards another person in the form of racism or similar bigotry, 99 times out of 100 they are professed Christians. Actually, make that 100% of the time. Even at that, I wouldn't be so morally corrupt as to equate Christians to sociopathic or psychopathic bigots. Some Christians are sociopaths and psychopaths. Some gays are also these things, but there is no connection between these afflictions and the sexual orientatin or the religious affiliation of the afflicted.
Oops too bad! There is bigotry here, but not by me. You see my adopted son was born with a sociopathic personality. Oh he doesn't kill, or steal, because of limits society has set on him. However, he has no remorse for anything he does, add to that he would sacrifice anything or anyone to make himself look good. Now you are telling me that other sinners are better than him???? Wow!!...Sin is sin. He has an excuse because he cannot feel guilt..
Of course neither can the sociopathic homosexual..but sin is sin. I pray for all people even those who are unsavory to pray for...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

crystalpc

Veteran
Jan 11, 2004
Just this side of heaven
Visit site
✟16,754.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Politics
US-Constitution
mhatten said:
I agree sin is sin but no one is calling for an anti envy constitutional ammendmant.

If Envious boasters want to push their lies and boasting in my face I have a right to ask them to not to. I also have the right to tell them that sins like that are leading them to hell.
They then have the right to ignore me, tell me off, or get out of my presence. They can accept or reject what I said just as I have the right to accept or reject their boastful lies.
And we are both protected under the law, we cannot have each other arrested or sued because we reject each others lifestyle pr opinions. On the other hand if the boastful liar was trying to get constitutional thought protection to force me to accept his opinions and lifestyle against my will. I would be protesting loudly and clearly.
When I heard a salvation message, the pastor preached on sin, I was convicted of my sin, and I had the right to either reject and leave his presence, or accept what he said, and get saved.
I did not have the right to, have him arrested, or to sue him, because he told me I was a sinner.

Upvote 0

draper

Perspicacious Poster
Jul 5, 2003
Toronto, Canada
✟20,634.00
Faith
Agnostic
Politics
CA-Others
Sociopath4Jesus said:
I take it your a Christian?

Nope. I never said anything about anybody being a Christian, aside from wondering why so many conservative Christians will go to such insane lengths over this particular issue, including distorting and lying.

But I don't see this particular thread as a Christian vs. non-Christian thing at all. It has more to do with the rubbish that appears at those ridiculous right-wing websites and the people that swallow it up without checking into it themselves.

Check out burrow_owl for example. He's a Christian, and he knows.

(cheers btw, mr. burrow.)
But you're a Sociopath4Jesus...

or is your name supposed to make fun of fundies?

Or do I have no idea what I'm talking about? :D

Upvote 0
In all my reading didn't see any proof, so it must be your opinion.

"Well I was like that, but, really, its like banging your head against a wall." - draper

Oh, by the way, 200 blessings to Brother Christman if he can identify the author of the following:

• See ... Rodriguez v. British Columbia (Attorney General), 107 D. L. R. (4th) 342, 404 (Can. 1993) ("[A] blanket prohibition on assisted suicide . . . is the norm among western democracies") (discussing assisted-suicide provisions in Austria, Spain, Italy, the United Kingdom, the Netherlands, Denmark, Switzerland, and France). Washington v. Glucksberg, 521 U.S. 702, 711 n.8 (1997)

and

• This concern is further supported by evidence about the practice of euthanasia in the Netherlands. The Dutch government's own study revealed that in 1990, there were 2,300 cases of voluntary euthanasia (defined as "the deliberate termination of another's life at his request"), 400 cases of assisted suicide, and more than 1,000 cases of euthanasia without an explicit request. Id. at 734.

100 bonus blessings if he can identify two of the other Justices that joined this majority opinion (the two I have in mind, of course).

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.