Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
They don't consider them to be a person because they don't want them. That doesn't mean they're not people. It means they're trying to justify mass murder of the most innocent people on the planet by playing with semantics.
Technological holocaust.

Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
They don't consider them to be a person because they don't want them. That doesn't mean they're not people. It means they're trying to justify mass murder of the most innocent people on the planet by playing with semantics.
Being hyperbolic and snarky again? They really don't consider them to be people--it's not just semantics. But that's a good example of why I oppose Bible Christians on this; if you can't be honest about your opponents' position I can't trust you..

Reactions: Bugeyedcreepy
Upvote 0

sfs

Jun 30, 2003
Massachusetts
✟345,020.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
You don't get to make up other people's motivations just so you can feel good about hating them.

Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
You don't get to make up other people's motivations just so you can feel good about hating them.
Now, now. I think the poor fellow is guilty of nothing more than paying too much attention fo Fundamentalist clergy.

Upvote 0

sfs

Jun 30, 2003
Massachusetts
✟345,020.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Now, now. I think the poor fellow is guilty of nothing more than paying too much attention fo Fundamentalist clergy.
Oh, quite possibly. I was putting the same procedure into action: ascribing motives to someone without much justification. Possibly not the best way of making progress.

• Haha
Reactions: Speedwell
Upvote 0

Galaxy Hunter

Jan 11, 2018
Milky Way Galaxy
✟19,885.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You don't get to make up other people's motivations just so you can feel good about hating them.[/QUOTE

Now you're the one making things up claiming I hate them. I hate sins not sinners. So then what are the reasons people abort babies? There certainly are cases of rape and the life of the mother in danger. But the biggest reason is that a man and a woman made a stupid decision and they don't want the baby that is the result of that decision....so months later they pay a millionaire to dispose of their "problem"

Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Don't forget the rest, that they know that the fetus is really a person but go ahead and abort anyway, using semantics to justify it. I also see a strong subtext to the effect that they do it without remorse.

Have you ever known anyone who has had an abortion? How does that person fit your stereotype?

Upvote 0

sfs

Jun 30, 2003
Massachusetts
✟345,020.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
So then what are the reasons people abort babies?
My point is that they (in most cases, anyway) don't think what they're aborting is a baby. They don't think they're committing murder or killing a person. You can disagree with them on that all you want, but at least understand what they think they're doing.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

sfs

Jun 30, 2003
Massachusetts
✟345,020.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Thanks to science.
No, not thanks to science. Science tells us nothing at all about when we should consider human life to begin. Thanks instead to people coming to the best decision they can with the information they have about what they should do.

• Agree
Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,920,584.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Does not the Bible say that human life begins at "quickening?"
Ephhesians 2:5 Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, ( by grace ye are saved; )

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,920,584.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
No, not thanks to science.
Yes, thanks to science.

1. How many women would get an abortion if they knew it was a child they were aborting, and not "unwanted tissue" (fetus)?

2. How many women would get an abortion if it was against the law (i.e., murder)?

But it's not against the law, is it?

Removal of unwanted tissue is not the same as killing a baby, is it?

Upvote 0

sfs

Jun 30, 2003
Massachusetts
✟345,020.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Yes, thanks to science.
Okay, let's see...
1. How many women would get an abortion if they knew it was a child they were aborting, and not "unwanted tissue" (fetus)?
Many fewer. But how are they supposed to "know" this? Because some guy on the internet says so? More to the point, nothing at all here about science -- science has no test to distinguish the categories of "child" and "fetus".
2. How many women would get an abortion if it was against the law (i.e., murder)?
Many fewer (although by no means zero). That's true of lots and lots of things.
But it's not against the law, is it?
No, it's not.

Okay, so when are you going to get the part that anything to do with science?

• Winner
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,920,584.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Many fewer. But how are they supposed to "know" this?
The Bible says it, that settles it.
sfs said:
More to the point, nothing at all here about science -- science has no test to distinguish the categories of "child" and "fetus".
The Bible calls it a "child in the womb" or a "babe in the womb."

Science has plutoed those terms to "fetus."
sfs said:
Many fewer (although by no means zero).
When an abortion is performed ... no matter how it's done ... it should be considered against the law.

When God comes back for us, I want Him to see abortion on our books as a crime.
sfs said:
Okay, so when are you going to get the part that anything to do with science?
Science provided the breakthrough terminology that got abortion legalized.

Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
When an abortion is performed ... no matter how it's done ... it should be considered against the law.

Then only rich would would be able to have abortions--which was how it was back in the day when abortion was illegal here.

Upvote 0

sfs

Jun 30, 2003
Massachusetts
✟345,020.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The Bible says it, that settles it.
No, the Bible doesn't say it.
The Bible calls it a "child in the womb" or a "babe in the womb."
The Bible contains none of those words. I know you don't believe this, but the Bible is not written in English. The Bible also says nothing about when we should treat human life as beginning.
Yes, I know that's your opinion. I see no reason to give your opinion any weight in this matter.
When God comes back for us, I want Him to see abortion on our books as a crime.
I prefer not to tell God what to do.
Science provided the breakthrough terminology that got abortion legalized.
From the year 1398: "And is propreliche ycleped fetus while it is in þe wombe in þe whiche it is susteyned and ynorisched and ybrought to parfyte schap of lymes and to lyf." Sorry, but the terminology predates the rise of modern science.

• Winner
Upvote 0