The evils of sexualizing our youth

Gxg (G²)

Pilgrim/Monastic on the Road to God (Psalm 84:1-7)
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2009
Good Ol' South...
Visit site
✟160,220.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I remember high school....24/7 hormones on full-on assault mode. If you were male in high school, even worse....trust me, teens don't need any help being overly-sexualized! They are by default! :p
^_^

So true. It's really like a switch in many ways - as it's funny that for years it's like "The Little Rascals" with the He-Man Woman Hater club and thinking girls have coodies...and at some point, that switch gets clicked and you start thinking different. It really is a trip - and for many today, the battle often seems to be trying to help them deal with the sexual battles they already have to face going through puberty while they live in a culture that tries to push it to the max. Some say that if people were allowed to be married earlier instead of not being prepared for it till after college, there'd be less problems...

Upvote 0

ArmyMatt

Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,466,884.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I remember high school....24/7 hormones on full-on assault mode. If you were male in high school, even worse....trust me, teens don't need any help being overly-sexualized! They are by default! :p

haha, true that. the problem is too many adults are still all nuts as teens. adults are not growing up.

Upvote 0

They rally 'round the family
Feb 23, 2008
✟12,217.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single

Nooooo, don't be silly. Teens don't want to have sex. Never!

It's all those media messages. The media tricks them into thinking they have hormones and that they're going through puberty!

Upvote 0

Gxg (G²)

Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2009
Good Ol' South...
Visit site
✟160,220.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
What we need is better sex-ed coupled with a, how to have a relationship, class.
Based on what? In public schools today, you can't go further than say "Be careful" or note that abstinence is the best option while sharing other options folks can consider for expressing sexuality. When I was in middle-school, sex ed actually seemed to cause more to want to mess around ...not because we learned about more dynamics on the physical side of sex/puberty - but because the overall message we got was that we were gonna mess around and needed to be aware of what was up.

Upvote 0

Dorothea

One of God's handmaidens
Jul 10, 2007
Colorado Springs, Colorado
✟240,539.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
LOL. You should see how Japanese slurp ramen or clean up a bowl of rice. Except in that situation it is considered strange to eat a bowl quietly, especially for men. I always enjoyed eating at a ramen shop because it's fun to make loud slurping noises and have it considered appropriate behavior. Actually, I did find that slurping improved the flavor, kind of like aeration improves wine.
^_^ Sounds...interesting. Probably not a place I'd want to eat at, though. ^_^ :sorry:

Upvote 0

Dorothea

One of God's handmaidens
Jul 10, 2007
✟240,539.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Gxg (G²);62376413 said:
A lot of artists have noted the sinister connection before. Even Michael Jackson noted the issue when saying the ways that the industry itself has used people on an extensive level/tried to hide it -noting how people behind the curtain were pulling the strings - and although some say it's conspiratorial, some things just seem like you're taking crazy pills when artists come out admitting things and people think "Nah...that's reading too much into it." Going through the lyrics of Jackson as well as seeing some of his other activities/what he admitted to myself, I don't see how anyone could explain things away.

That is in addition to seeing what was said by others in the media world such as movie stars - when sharing the ways that they gained influence on scales that stlll baffle many. Denzel Washington, for example) noted how he prayed to/channeled spiirts for his role in "Training Day" - and the way he portrayed Malcom X and even recited a speech from the man he had never studied after the scene was over. Jenifer Lopez has also noted how she saw a witch-doctor who'd prayed over her CDs to be successful....and a lot of other former artists who've since become saved have noted how many had witches come in - hired by the music businesses - to come in/pray over their material. The rap group "Bone Thugs & Harmony" is notorious for this - as they had Oujia boards/seances in their videos and I was floored seeing their album covers and how they wrote incantations as well....but because many never thought that rap could be used for that in the 90s, it was never considered seriously.

One of the men who used to be with the early 90s R&B group "Color Me Badd" and made the hit single "I Wanna Sex You Up" has since became saved and noted the extensive list of demonic things that he and his group did to achieve that hit single - praying that women would be willing to give up their virginity when they heard that song...and many did just that. Other groups have done the same thing - WuTang clan being chief amongst them in their views against Christ/videos made on the issue. Thank goodness that Kevin Thorton (the former member of "Color Me Badd") got out when he did and now testifies for Christ alongside so many others. Professor Griff , One of the former members of the popular rap group "Public Enemy" also noted the issue of how so many don't know what the music industry is into..

To me, it makes sense that there are sinister spirits behind the music industry in light of how our chief battle has and will always be the spiritual - Ephesians 6 ("For we wrestle not against flesh and blood...") - and it is interesting to see the ways cultures handled themselves historically with many never seeing music as a amoral issue or a venue that could not be open for demonic tranmission of ideas (as music can literally download things into others easier than conversation since it bypasses the critical/thinking side of your mind and goes automatically for your emotions).

There were others who were basically channelers of spirits - and many today who still are. There was a documentary on National Geographic where they were documenting a Hindu ceremony of some type in India where they were trying to help this man with bad dreams he was having and the ways he was manifesting demonic power - with the ritual itself being based with musical background to accompany it. Happens often - and If the music wasn't important for the platform of what was going on, they'd not do it - and it does seem in the Western world that there's a rationalistic mindset that often takes place to explain things even when they are very obvious...
Thanks so much for sharing this. I didn't this, and Color Me Badd was one of my favorite groups back in the early 1990's. It's good to know that one about one of the singers.

Upvote 0

Dorothea

One of God's handmaidens
Jul 10, 2007
✟240,539.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
So, since the cat has been out of the bag for a good long while in this land, what are practical things we can do to keep our kids from being sexualized when we're saturated in it?

For example, private schools aren't feasible for a good many people...and some of the most obscene things happen in those schools anyway.

I know people who forbid their daughters to wear things they consider provocative, only to end up with daughters who rebel in all kinds of other ways, and have problems with their friends whose parents do let them dress like that.

How do I teach my son not to objectify women, when so many women make a business of objectifying themselves? `

It always seems that one of the outcomes of "women's liberation" has been to enslave them even more to the oversexed passions of men (who are then chastized for not being respectful).

So how do you all deal with this?
Those are hard questions to answer. We do the best as Christian parents and teach our children about Christ, His Church, and how to live as Christians. We monitor what they watch and play and try our best to enroll them in decent schools.

Upvote 0

Dorothea

One of God's handmaidens
Jul 10, 2007
✟240,539.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
haha, true that. the problem is too many adults are still all nuts as teens. adults are not growing up.
This is so very true. Probably because the push in this culture of striving to be forever young. You're not allowed to age, it seems.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Dorothea

One of God's handmaidens
Jul 10, 2007
✟240,539.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Gxg (G²);62388845 said:
Based on what? In public schools today, you can't go further than say "Be careful" or note that abstinence is the best option while sharing other options folks can consider for expressing sexuality. When I was in middle-school, sex ed actually seemed to cause more to want to mess around ...not because we learned about more dynamics on the physical side of sex/puberty - but because the overall message we got was that we were gonna mess around and needed to be aware of what was up.
Just this past Wed. in adult ed, we were talking a bit about sex ed. in public schools. My priest said the public schools around where he lived in MA were not teaching the basics of sex ed such as egg and sperm and fertilization and resulting in baby. He said it was more teaching like inappropriate content acts because they had videos and talked about how to have sex and how to have homosexual sex. In all the years I grew up in public schools, I never had sex ed like that, thank goodness. I learned the basics in health and biology. Of course, mom already told me where babies come from and development and all that when I was 10.

Upvote 0
Oct 15, 2008
Central California
✟274,079.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
As a public educator in California, Dot, I totally appreciate your disgust and share it. Have you heard of ACT for Women? Incredible. They have sucked in so many young teen girls in our area into this feminist b.s. and brainwashed them with abortion as a beautiful "right" and contraceptive pre-marital sex as empowering and wonderful....they write letters to our paper all the time and everyone kisses their tushies. A local Catholic deacon wrote a letter to the paper the other day and really blasted 'em. It was great.

ACT for Women and Girls

Just this past Wed. in adult ed, we were talking a bit about sex ed. in public schools. My priest said the public schools around where he lived in MA were not teaching the basics of sex ed such as egg and sperm and fertilization and resulting in baby. He said it was more teaching like inappropriate content acts because they had videos and talked about how to have sex and how to have homosexual sex. In all the years I grew up in public schools, I never had sex ed like that, thank goodness. I learned the basics in health and biology. Of course, mom already told me where babies come from and development and all that when I was 10.

Upvote 0

Dorothea

One of God's handmaidens
Jul 10, 2007
✟240,539.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
As a public educator in California, Dot, I totally appreciate your disgust and share it. Have you heard of ACT for Women? Incredible. They have sucked in so many young teen girls in our area into this feminist b.s. and brainwashed them with abortion as a beautiful "right" and contraceptive pre-marital sex as empowering and wonderful....they write letters to our paper all the time and everyone kisses their tushies. A local Catholic deacon wrote a letter to the paper the other day and really blasted 'em. It was great.

ACT for Women and Girls

No, I haven't heard of that group/organization. All of this type of lifestyle only leads to a dead end and heartache and unhappiness. :( I'll check out the site.

Upvote 0

ArmyMatt

Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,466,884.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Just this past Wed. in adult ed, we were talking a bit about sex ed. in public schools. My priest said the public schools around where he lived in MA were not teaching the basics of sex ed such as egg and sperm and fertilization and resulting in baby. He said it was more teaching like inappropriate content acts because they had videos and talked about how to have sex and how to have homosexual sex. In all the years I grew up in public schools, I never had sex ed like that, thank goodness. I learned the basics in health and biology.

wow, that's nasty. I remember when I got the "class" in 6th grade. it was more about information and kinda joked with how awkward it can be, but there was nothing inappropriate contentographic about it. sad indeed.

Upvote 0

Dorothea

One of God's handmaidens
Jul 10, 2007
✟240,539.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
wow, that's nasty. I remember when I got the "class" in 6th grade. it was more about information and kinda joked with how awkward it can be, but there was nothing inappropriate contentographic about it. sad indeed.

Yeah, and it was done without parental notification. I have heard from ppl that this has happened to their children in some schools, but I didn't have any experience of it, thank God, and neither have my boys thus far, thank God again.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Gxg (G²)

Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2009
Good Ol' South...
Visit site
✟160,220.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Dot, what you described is precisely what I remember witnessing in the mid 90s when in elementary school/seeing what was basically soft-core inappropriate contentagraphy on how to have sex. We didn't see homosexual acts, though. But I remember even as a kid being tripped out that they showed a scene to the 5th graders with a man/wife naked in bed laughing together....and I immediately thought that there's no way the parents would be comfortable with that if the kids started to go out/act that out - many of whom did just that.

Something is out of whack when you have kids as young as 10yrs old being pregnant - and boys as young as 4th grade experimenting. Our bodies develop as fast as our minds do - and sadly, you now have kids dealing with adult problems because they are being over-exposed at far too early ages. If you have a kid exposed, granted, at that point I think you gotta talk direct with them to do damage control/help them see what the Word said.....and I remember having that when working years ago with one 4th grader from the hood. He was very rough but brilliant - and as we were talking, I asked him on his day and he shared his struggles with his 2 girlfriends he had to please. I was floored he was even dealing with that - but at that point, you know you gotta shoot straight (IMHO).

Upvote 0

Gxg (G²)

Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2009
Good Ol' South...
Visit site
✟160,220.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
the push in this culture of striving to be forever young. You're not allowed to age, it seems.
A lot of folks grow old but they don't grow up - and nowdays, everyone who's older wants to be younger and trying to go back to things a lot of folks were glad to get out of. If someone in their 20s/30s or higher says "wish I could go back, as my best years were highschool..", oh my....

Upvote 0

Gxg (G²)

Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2009
Good Ol' South...
Visit site
✟160,220.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Thanks so much for sharing this. I didn't this, and Color Me Badd was one of my favorite groups back in the early 1990's. It's good to know that one about one of the singers.
Glad the info came in handy...as it's always a trip when you keep up with your favorite artists and see their developments. Had no idea you were into Color Me Badd - as I'd never would've thought that style of music was really your cup of tea. But cool to know we both dig R&B :) I was sad to hear of all the things he went through during that time - but rejoiced that he's on the other side of it and is seeking to help others avoid the same. Speaks volumes, as you just never know what happens behind the scenes when the Hit comes out...

Upvote 0

Gxg (G²)

Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2009
Good Ol' South...
Visit site
✟160,220.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
WIsh you had been there with me for one class I took in college for my Human Services career.

At one point, there was discussion on social programs for youth - and one of my peers was a Christian who was talking on the abstinence programs she works with other social workers at in helping to promote self-control as a viable solution. Immediately, the entire class jumped on her for daring to say that any faith-based organization not willing to advocate the use of condoms as taught in sex-ed had no real concern for people avoiding sexual dysfunction - and when I jumped in to aid/defend her, the guns turned on me. I did get to share how it's a bit insulting to the intelligence and abilities of others in claiming that it's somehow fantasy that other men/women cannot practice abistence successfully or that they're "lying to themselves" since I had done it alongside so many others and was taught that man isn't just an animal - men are not gorillas and ladies are not pieces of meat. It seemed to dumbfound them that others in the class actually said abistence should be promoted in a positive manner in social programs rather than seen as a derisive last resort......

Nowadays, it's profitable for kids to mess around since the media (and the services making the contraception) seem to encourage it. And the way it was taught in class was that the goal is to avoid getting an STD or pregnant - and yet no one rememebers that a condom can protect a body....but never can it protect your heart. For the emotional damage is where much of the damage occurs....and no one in sex education tackles that honestly. It's taught nowadays from the perspective of getting away with as much as possible/avoiding consequences as being "responsible" rather than seeing the action to be reserved for marriage.

Marriage isn't really favored nowadays and many come from broken homes where it's devalued - and living together/"free sex" is accepted...

Upvote 0