Wisconsin, United States of America
✟654,030.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
This has no bearing on how groupness affects responses to racism. Perhaps you should read the article and understand what was written before complaining about what defines racism, which is irrelevant. Every instance of racism could be false and made up in a specific group's head, that doesn't change that there is a response to that false encounter. The subject of this article is the response, something you do not seem to grasp.

Since you're just going to keep saying that same thing in response to whatever I post, it's obvious that you're not here to have a discussion or listen to points of view other than your own. Good luck with that, and Merry Christmas.

• Winner
Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

SummerMadness

Senior Veteran
Mar 8, 2006
✟331,677.00
Faith
Catholic
Since you're just going to keep saying that same thing in response to whatever I post, it's obvious that you're not here to have a discussion or listen to points of view other than your own. Good luck with that, and Merry Christmas.
Cookie Monster wished you a Merry Christmas. You're not providing a viewpoint that is on topic and simply refuse to discuss the topic, so how else do you respond to someone that is not on-topic?

Read the article, understand the article, then come back when you're ready.
Cookie-Monster-2-icon.png

A topic about responses to racism from the perspective of several groups and all you want to do is complain about black people...

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟654,030.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Cookie Monster wished you a Merry Christmas. You're not providing a viewpoint that is on topic and simply refuse to discuss the topic, so how else do you respond to someone that is not on-topic?

If you don't read and understand my responses, then it's no wonder that you think they don't relate to the topic. Just because you don't agree with the viewpoints I've presented doesn't mean they're not related to the topic.

A topic about responses to racism from the perspective of several groups and all you want to do is complain about black people...

Is there a group that "responds to racism" more than black people? They're the first group referenced in the article you yourself posted. To deny that is to discredit your own source.

• Winner
Upvote 0

SummerMadness

Senior Veteran
Mar 8, 2006
✟331,677.00
Faith
Catholic
If you don't read and understand my responses, then it's no wonder that you think they don't relate to the topic. Just because you don't agree with the viewpoints I've presented doesn't mean they're not related to the topic.
Repeating my words does not mean your posts are somehow insightful. You are attempting to ignore the article to embark on some diatribe about what is and is not racism, which is not relevant to the subject.

Is there a group that "responds to racism" more than black people? They're the first group referenced in the article you yourself posted. To deny that is to discredit your own source.
Afro-Brazilians and Ethiopian Jews are also black, are you suggesting that black people all respond with the same frequency to racism? Looks like someone didn't read the article. Moreover, all groups in the article are important to the topic, yet you want to ignore the relevant subject of this article: groupness.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟654,030.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Repeating my words does not mean your posts are somehow insightful. You are attempting to ignore the article to embark on some diatribe about what is and is not racism, which is not relevant to the subject.

Now you're simply denying that I'm addressing the subject in order to not have a discussion. Not sure why you even started this thread if that's the attitude you have when people offer responses.

Afro-Brazilians and Ethiopian Jews are also black, are you suggesting that black people all respond with the same frequency to racism? Looks like someone didn't read the article. Moreover, all groups in the article are important to the topic, yet you want to ignore the relevant subject of this article: groupness.

I don't know. Do they? Why not offer up a viewpoint rather than ridicule someone when they try to engage you in conversation?

• Winner
Upvote 0

SummerMadness

Senior Veteran
Mar 8, 2006
✟331,677.00
Faith
Catholic
Now you're simply denying that I'm addressing the subject in order to not have a discussion. Not sure why you even started this thread if that's the attitude you have when people offer responses.
You are not addressing the subject, the topic is on groupness and how it affects responses to racism.

I don't know. Do they? Why not offer up a viewpoint rather than ridicule someone when they try to engage you in conversation?
If you're asking the question, it shows you did not read or understand the article.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟654,030.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
You are not addressing the subject, the topic is on groupness and how it affects responses to racism.

Based on the definition of groupness, it clearly affects people by causing them to band together and scream "racism" because that's what they see each other doing. Nothing surprising about that.

I'm sure you're getting ready to copy one of your past responses to paste here. Perhaps you should look up the definition of what groupness is first: "Behavior like that, seemingly contrary and nonsensical, stems at least in part from a phenomenon that psychologists call “groupness.” Coined by a social psychologist at Oxford University named Henri Tajfel, the term refers to the tendency of various animals, including humans, to form in-groups."

If you're asking the question, it shows you did not read or understand the article.

If I ask a question, it's to get you to think rather than copy/paste the same reply into each one of your responses.

• Winner
Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟654,030.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Since no one is taking the bait of your red herring, you are resorting to ad hominem

Since no one else is attempting to engage you in discussion, I guess I should follow their lead and let you discuss this topic with yourself.

There is no point discussing a topic with someone that refuses to read.

That's why I won't try discussing it with you. Hopefully someone else will come along that you can get along with. So far, everyone else has abandoned this thread. Take that as a hint.

• Winner
Upvote 0

SummerMadness

Senior Veteran
Mar 8, 2006
✟331,677.00
Faith
Catholic
Since no one else is attempting to engage you in discussion, I guess I should follow their lead and let you discuss this topic with yourself.

That's why I won't try discussing it with you. Hopefully someone else will come along that you can get along with. So far, everyone else has abandoned this thread. Take that as a hint.
There was already fruitful and insightful discussion earlier in this thread, that fruitful discussion concluded. Your subsequent attempt to change the subject has added nothing, your inability to actually speak on the topic is hilarious. As I said before, this is nothing new.
Cookie-Monster-2-icon.png

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

.Mikha'el.

7x13=28
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
May 22, 2004
British Columbia
✟1,008,102.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
ON!

Thread closed permanently:

Flaming and Goading
Please treat all members with respect and courtesy through civil dialogue.
Do not personally attack other members or groups of members on CF. Address only the content of the post and not the poster.
Do not maliciously ridicule other people or groups of people (e.g., members and non-members, public and non-public figures, political figures and political groups). Constructive criticism is allowed, but destructive and cruel criticism is not allowed.
NO Goading. This includes images, cartoons, or smileys clearly meant to goad. Quoting and then editing another members post to change the original meaning, commonly referred to as "fixed it for you" (FIFY), is considered goading.
Stating or implying that another Christian member, or group of members, are not Christian is not allowed.
If you are flamed, do not respond in-kind. Alert staff to the situation by utilizing the report button.

OFF!

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.