German 'hypervaccinator' gets 217 coronavirus shots; researchers find no ill effects, good immune response

RestoreTheJoy

Site Supporter
Jul 13, 2018
Passing Through
✟458,124.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
There's nothing "mild" about COVID. "Mild" is relative, it means you didn't end up in the hospital. You can still be sick for a long time.
Yes, actually statistically it is most decidedly mild for almost everyone, who got cold symptoms, got better in a couple weeks, and then went back to work. Some took a little longer, especially if older.

More than 90% of COVID deaths occurring among elderly adults: CDC The elderly and/or those with co-morbidities, especially multiple co-morbidities were the most likely to have severe illness. "Among 4,899,447 hospitalized adults in PHD-SR, 540,667 (11.0%) were patients with COVID-19, of whom 94.9% had at least 1 underlying medical condition."

Upvote 0

sfs

Jun 30, 2003
Massachusetts
✟342,616.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Yes, actually statistically it is most decidedly mild for almost everyone, who got cold symptoms, got better in a couple weeks, and then went back to work.
So what are the statistics here? What fraction of covid cases have a fever compared the the fraction of those with a cold?

Also, where's the evidence that vaccines were more dangerous than being infected?

• Optimistic
Reactions: Elliewaves
Upvote 0

sfs

Jun 30, 2003
Massachusetts
✟342,616.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Wouldn't there be some other crucial differences at play that could impact that as well?
It's certainly possible that other factors play a role -- case fatality rates have differed considerably between countries. But a factor of 50 between them seems quite unlikely to all be explained by other factors. Note also that other East Asian countries, which share some of the factors present in Hong Kong, had much lower case fatality rates overall, even though they had more cases of more virulent strains.

Incidentally, a large new study (The role of COVID-19 vaccines in preventing post-COVID-19 thromboembolic and cardiovascular complications | Heart) came out recently showing that vaccination markedly reduces the risks of vascular complications from covid, which are pretty high.

• Informative
Reactions: ThatRobGuy
Upvote 0

RestoreTheJoy

Site Supporter
Jul 13, 2018
Passing Through
✟458,124.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
So what are the statistics here? What fraction of covid cases have a fever compared the the fraction of those with a cold?

Also, where's the evidence that vaccines were more dangerous than being infected?
The percentages are well known: But reports from the World Health Organization and the U.S. CDC found that mild cases account for 75-to-80% of all cases.: But Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, director-general of World Health Organization, said during a press conference on Feb. 17 that more than 80% of patients "have mild disease and will recover."

Here's Web MD (but there are a million sources):

"Most people who get COVID-19, the disease caused by a coronavirus called SARS-CoV-2, will have only mild illness. But what exactly does that mean?

Mild COVID-19 cases still can make you feel lousy. But you should be able to rest at home and recover fully without a trip to the hospital. Here’s what to expect and how to take care of yourself."

Not everyone who catches COVID-19 will notice symptoms. If you do get them, they may show up 2 to 14 days after your infection. And those symptoms can vary from one person to the next. (List follows of fever, cough, chills nausea, vomiting, tired- basic flu-like symptoms).
A small percentage of people who have the new coronavirus need to stay in the hospital to get help breathing. It may depend on things like your age and your overall health. This might last 2 weeks or more.

If you want to see side effects of the vaccine, over a million reports were submitted to VAERS.

Upvote 0

sfs

Jun 30, 2003
Massachusetts
✟342,616.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The percentages are well known: But reports from the World Health Organization and the U.S. CDC found that mild cases account for 75-to-80% of all cases.: But Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, director-general of World Health Organization, said during a press conference on Feb. 17 that more than 80% of patients "have mild disease and will recover."
As has been pointed out, 'mild disease' means not bad enough to be hospitalized. You can have mild disease and still be much sicker than with a typical cold -- just as you're likely to be much sicker with the flu than with a cold, even though in both cases you have mild disease. Your claim is that covid is more like a cold. As with every one of your claims, you have yet to provide any evidence to support it.
If you want to see side effects of the vaccine, over a million reports were submitted to VAERS.
If you think every report submitted to VAERS reflects a reaction to the vaccine, you have not the slightest knowledge of what you're talking about. But that's already clear.

Upvote 0

ThatRobGuy

Part of the IT crowd
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
Here
✟1,207,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I've cautioned people before about using VAERS to make inferences without understanding what VAERS is (and more importantly, what it isn't)

I did a pretty extensive write up on the topic months back and even provided samples from the VAERS data dump that you can download that shows some of the wacky things people put in there. It's user submitted (which presents one challenge), and it was heavily abused during the vaccine rollout period thanks to online trolls who were encouraging people make bogus submissions.

VAERS basically became a Yelp for drug interaction reporting where anyone who wanted to damage the reputation of the jabs, could merely go in there and make multiple negative-sounding submissions.

Upvote 0

RestoreTheJoy

Site Supporter
Jul 13, 2018
Passing Through
✟458,124.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
As has been pointed out, 'mild disease' means not bad enough to be hospitalized. You can have mild disease and still be much sicker than with a typical cold -- just as you're likely to be much sicker with the flu than with a cold, even though in both cases you have mild disease. Your claim is that covid is more like a cold. As with every one of your claims, you have yet to provide any evidence to support it.

If you think every report submitted to VAERS reflects a reaction to the vaccine, you have not the slightest knowledge of what you're talking about. But that's already clear.
In reality, I have supported every claim, and then you move the goalposts a little and ask for new support. You then begin asking for hyper details, as if anyone has compiled evidence of which particular mild cases of Covid had fever as opposed to another symptom, say headache, or a really common one, cough. It really doesn't matter. Having a dozen jabs doesn't stop the virus anyway or prevent infection anyway, despite the lies we told early on by Fauci (we become "dead ends" for the virus after vaccination), Rachel Maddow, Walensky of the CDC, Biden, and many others.

So it is irrelevant whether vaccinated or vaccinated- one is either susceptible and will get a bad case (small percentage) or a mild case (everyone else) or is entirely asymptomatic.

VAERS reports were submitted -over a million. Was every side effect major...no, nor did I claim that. But should over one MILLION side effects, some very serious, like the now-admitted anaplylaxis (!!), myocarditis, pericarditis, Guillain-Barré Syndrome, thrombosis with thrombocytopenia syndrome to name a few have been ignored and downplayed - or admitted up front with true informed consent (and no coercion)? COVID-19 Vaccination (CDC -2023!)

I think we both know the answer to that. I know I do.

Upvote 0

7thKeeper

Scion of the Devonian Sea
Jul 8, 2006
Finland
✟108,680.00
Country
Finland
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
In Relationship
I do not believe this publication to me its fabrication, the lancet lost all credibility during the covid crisis publishing many false articles about the covid vaccine efficacy, many of these articles were retracted, this is all fake data, anyone truly receive more than 10 of these deadly shots would probably die, many did with just a few shots. I know too many who died because of this faulty vaccine.
Uh huh... Suuuure.

Upvote 0

sfs

Jun 30, 2003
Massachusetts
✟342,616.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I do not believe this publication to me its fabrication, the lancet lost all credibility during the covid crisis publishing many false articles about the covid vaccine efficacy, many of these articles were retracted, this is all fake data, anyone truly receive more than 10 of these deadly shots would probably die, many did with just a few shots. I know too many who died because of this faulty vaccine.
Yes, it's best not to let facts interfere with your conspiracy theories.

Upvote 0

expos4ever

Oct 22, 2008
Montreal, Quebec
✟251,078.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I did a pretty extensive write up on the topic months back and even provided samples from the VAERS data dump that you can download that shows some of the wacky things people put in there.
Indeed, and that post (or posts) contained some of the funniest, zany things that have ever been written. I believe one entry connected the vaccine to contracting "explosive diarrhea and a touch of the AIDS".

You can't make this stuff up.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

expos4ever

Oct 22, 2008
Montreal, Quebec
✟251,078.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I know too many who died because of this faulty vaccine.
Yeah, right.

Come on, at least make it believable. Precisely zero of my family, friends, acquaintances, acquaintances of acquaintances, etc. have died from the vaccine.

And we are to believe that know many who died from it?

Upvote 0

7thKeeper

Scion of the Devonian Sea
Jul 8, 2006
Finland
✟108,680.00
Country
Finland
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Indeed, and that post (or posts) contained some of the funniest, zany things that have ever been written. I believe one entry connected the vaccine to contracting "explosive diarrhea and a touch of the AIDS".

You can't make this stuff up.
My favourite remains the person (I think it was related to a different shot though), who wrote in the vaccine had turned them into The Hulk. He did it as an experiment and found after a year or two, his entry still remained.

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,526.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,526.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
55 decades?

I think it was 55 years, sorry...which I have say....is hard to understand.

If you do the math, that's about 16.5 pages a day. Not exactly a lot.

Also if you do just some basic reasoning, some basic logic, that means the FDA did a full review, analysis, and evaluation of the data for the vaccine....all 330,000 pages (I rounded up...you never know what might get added) in less than a year. Less than 1 year.

However, printing up those pages of information (which seems like the shorter of the two tasks) apparently will take 55 years. Now, sure...our government has a bit of a habit of burying information and not making it publicly available for anyone because of its embarrassing nature. Maybe that's why they're apparently unwilling to share the data.

Or...

1. Perhaps only one printer is working at the FDA, and it's incredibly slow, and as such, all other important documents have to be printed off the same printer leaving only 16 ish pages of information a day.

2. Perhaps there's something extremely important about the vaccine making process that's patented, and all information regarding this process has to be redacted until the patent is gone...and somehow this is a much longer ordeal than analysis and reviewing the data itself.

3. Perhaps this entire job has been relegated to one intern, who has brain damage or an extremely poor work ethic, or maybe he gets paid by the page and he's someone's nephew....and due to budget constraints its not feasible to have him print more than 16 pages a day.

However, when you consider the reputation the FDA was getting before covid...

It seems like the most likely answer is the most obvious, the process that should have taken place didn't, and at the very least, the FDA rolled the dice with a lot of people's lives.

Upvote 0

NxNW

Nov 30, 2019
NW
✟195,067.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Come on, at least make it believable. Precisely zero of my family, friends, acquaintances, acquaintances of acquaintances, etc. have died from the vaccine.

Covid killed a half dozen I know, including a friend and his father, another friend, an ex-girlfriend, and my step-father. Several more acquaintances just barely survived. Are my anecdotes good enough?

A million are dead, and for someone who claims to be pro-life, you seem awfully unconcerned.

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟143,272.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Covid killed a half dozen I know, including a friend and his father, another friend, an ex-girlfriend, and my step-father. Several more acquaintances just barely survived. Are my anecdotes good enough?

A million are dead, and for someone who claims to be pro-life, you seem awfully unconcerned.
You’re both on the same side, though, js.

Reactions: NxNW
Upvote 0

ThatRobGuy

Part of the IT crowd
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
Here
✟1,207,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Yeah, right.

I feel like I've become rather skeptical about the internet anecdotes from either end of these types of conversations.

In the CF/internet sphere
It seems like some people on the anti-vaxxer side always seem to know 10 different people who supposedly died or had a super serious reaction from the vaccine.

It seems like people who want to go at it from the other perspective always seem to know 10 different people who died of covid and another 20 who supposedly have long-covid.

Yet that's wildly out of sorts with what I hear when talking to people out in the real world.

I know exactly 0 people who died from the vaccine (maybe only a small who said they had some minor aches and fatigue after dose #2)

As far as the virus itself, I think I had one elderly relative who got hospitalized with the virus. And out of my entire circle of friends & co-workers, maybe 1 or 2 mentioned they had a family member who died from it?

Obviously it was a serious virus that should've been handled better than what it was, but if the internet anecdotes from CF and other online circles are true (or were in any way reflective of the mortality rates we know), that doesn't seem to gel with the overall statistics and probabilities.

For example, we know there were roughly a quarter of a million car crash fatalities in the US from 2020 until now. If a person said "Well, I had 3 aunts, a brother, 2 co-workers, and 2 friends who all died in different car crashes over the past 4 years, people would be very suspicious of such anecdotes. Because, despite being mathematically possible, the odds would be improbable.

In terms of the raw numbers:
Covid: 1 million people have died out of a population of 330 million. (1 person per every 330 people)
Vaccines: Adverse reaction rate of 0.4%. (1 person out of every 250 people) (the death rate from said adverse reactions is vanishingly smaller)

The "Dunbar Number" which measures how big a person's social circle can be (including friends, co-workers, and family) would indicate that the overwhelming majority of people are in the range of having a social circle that's in the ballpark of 100-150. (That's based on what psychologists and psychiatrists feel the cognitive upper limit is for how many people a person can have a close relationship with or deep connection to)

So based on that, and the odds mentioned above, it's highly improbable that any one person lost 7+ people close them to either the virus or the vaccine...barring some extremely rare scenario like having 7 elderly relatives all living in the same wing of the same nursing home or something like that.

Upvote 0