✟440,416.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
FYI...
on the Sonlife network, i.e. Jimmy Swaggart's television network, he has a woman preaching for the evening service... tune in now... it might be interesting...

That sister was full of the Holy Ghost and *power* ...
Great sermon, hearts were noticeably moved ...
God bless her!

Upvote 0

turned around

Sep 24, 2013
✟2,156.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Hi,
Don't think anyone is saying Jesus didn't change things for the ladies. This pesky thing about divine order. You keep side stepping it, and talk about culture. Why didn't Jesus pick a lady as a apostle? To me its a sign that some segments of the church have gotten away from Paul's doctrine through Christ. Long posts, or answers don't explain it away.

Grace to you.

Upvote 0

turned around

Sep 24, 2013
✟2,156.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Hi,
You could take a biblical illiterate, and them read Paul's teaching on this subject. They would walk away saying woman are not to teach the men. They might not like it, oh well!! Hey I've been accused on this forum as misinterpreting grace (a sock). But I ain't messing with divine order.

Grace to you.

Upvote 0

murjahel

Senior Veteran
Oct 31, 2005
✟29,367.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
this is a learning process, this peanut gallery way of doing it... it does allow those who disagree with a teaching thread to disagree civilly, without the personal attack, but just on the meat of the teaching...

will it work? I am finding out... I am trying to answer the questions and the objections... I will post Scripture to back up what I think and feel... for what I think has no weight, unless it is backed up with Scripture...

I ask (politely) if you disagree, and have objection... please do the same and post the Scripture to back up your ideas... If you hope to change me, it will take Scripture to do it... not just opinion...

Upvote 0

turned around

Sep 24, 2013
✟2,156.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Hi,
I'm attacking you or any disagreement may be considered such....lol. I layed out simple text without long drawn out replies. Well brother its a hot button subject, you've been around for a minute what did you expect? Looks to me you want it both ways. I hope this isn't personal. Long answers using Greek definitions doesn't change the under lining text.

Grace to you.

Upvote 0
T

ToBeBlessed

Hi,
Don't think anyone is saying Jesus didn't change things for the ladies. This pesky thing about divine order. You keep side stepping it, and talk about culture. Why didn't Jesus pick a lady as a apostle? To me its a sign that some segments of the church have gotten away from Paul's doctrine through Christ. Long posts, or answers don't explain it away.

Grace to you.

:thumbsup:

Upvote 0

Frogster

Galatians is the best!
Sep 7, 2009
✟74,317.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
In that day, the culture and law said one could not touch a leper, Jesus did...
one could not pick fruit on the Sabbath, the disciples did...

culture said Daniel could not open his window and pray to anyone but the king... he prayed to God...

Jesus changed the culture for women of His day...

If we had stayed with the culture of that day, all these centuries, so as not to bring Christ's teachings into fulfillment, what would we have??? wait... maybe we better not answer that question.... we'd have what some are still fighting for... LOL

but, in their culture, in that time, it would be the man that taught primarily apollos.

Upvote 0

murjahel

Senior Veteran
Oct 31, 2005
✟29,367.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
this is a learning process, this peanut gallery way of doing it... it does allow those who disagree with a teaching thread to disagree civilly, without the personal attack, but just on the meat of the teaching...

will it work? I am finding out... I am trying to answer the questions and the objections... I will post Scripture to back up what I think and feel... for what I think has no weight, unless it is backed up with Scripture...

I ask (politely) if you disagree, and have objection... please do the same and post the Scripture to back up your ideas... If you hope to change me, it will take Scripture to do it... not just opinion...

Notice... this peanut gallery thread is a different way to discuss one's teaching. I do try to answer questions, do try to ignore some harsh remarks... and my answers are complete as I can make them.

I did not say above that anyone was attacking me... I said that this kind of thread allows one to disagree civilly without attack... and that is good that it allows that...

What we are searching for, I think, is a way for people to discuss without getting personal...

this thread is on 'charismatic/Pentecostal preachers... one part of that is 'women preachers' and there are many women preachers in Pentecost, in Charismatic churches... Some disagree on that reality... but I gave my reasons for agreement with that, answered as best I can the ones who disagreed...

The subject on the teaching thread goes on... there is more to Pentecostal preaching than the fact that some are women... I am going on with that subject, and if some here want to keep discussing that one part, they can... ...

I answer legitimate questions... and I will use Scripture... if one has a Scriptural debate with it, it can be discussed... I think all pertinent Scriptures have already been addressed, but if they can find another, I will address it.

The teaching thread has gone on, on the same subject it started on...

Upvote 0

murjahel

Senior Veteran
Oct 31, 2005
✟29,367.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
but, in their culture, in that time, it would be the man that taught primarily apollos.

The problem with your view is, that the Bible itself disagrees with you...
it says 'they' not 'he', not 'she', not 'guess who', it says 'they'

Acts 18:26 (KJV)
26 And he began to speak boldly in the synagogue: whom when Aquila and Priscilla had heard, they took him unto them, and expounded unto him the way of God more perfectly.

I will keep my agreement with the Bible's answer...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

murjahel

Senior Veteran
Oct 31, 2005
✟29,367.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Why did the Lord have Mary Magdalene and some other women take the first resurrection sermon to the disciples?

Well, the answer is several fold...
First, He was not against women preachers anyhow..
second... there was no man at the tomb that morning... Think about it, Jesus had told the disciples He would be crucified, and rise again the third day. Well, it was the third day... where were they? Why were they not there? Why did the disciples not see Him exit the tomb, and not need a sermon taken to them by some women?

Sometimes we see great failures amongst the men preachers... When the women took the message of His resurrection to the disciples, they had a hard time believing them. Their sermon was consistent with what Jesus had foretold these men... yet, they still did not believe. The disciples sent a couple of braver ones to the tomb... and still were too terrified to go all together...

The women were brave enough to be there at the tomb... despite the guards, despite the scared, petrified example of the 10 disciples...

The male preachers in that group were a shame, a failure.. and the women were brave, loving, excited when they realized He had risen... and rushed to be the first resurrection preachers...

Great going for them... shame for those male preachers... I hope we men have learned something since... It shocks me that the subject is on 'tell the women to be silent'... If those women had been silent, those scared disciples might have died of old age in their hiding place...

I know Peter and John are not criticizing those women for not being silent... LOL

Upvote 0

Frogster

Galatians is the best!
Sep 7, 2009
✟74,317.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
The problem with your view is, that the Bible itself disagrees with you...
it says 'they' not 'he', not 'she', not 'guess who', it says 'they'

26 And he began to speak boldly in the synagogue: whom when Aquila and Priscilla had heard, they took him unto them, and expounded unto him the way of God more perfectly.

I will keep my agreement with the Bible's answer...

Oh, but before you said some words are not always a strict usage, like the "men" word.;)

I knew it says they, but you must keep in within he cultural morays, the man would not sit there and let the woman teach another man.

Especially because Apollos was a respected man, maybe had some stature, educated, he was no common guy. Highly unlikely in their culture, the husband would subordinate himself, while the wife took over. Did she maybe share a bit, fine, but she was subordinate in their marriage, that is just the way it was then. It would be odd for her to teach, and the husband just quietly sitting there, that is not how it was then.

24 Now a Jew named Apollos, a native of Alexandria, came to Ephesus. He was an eloquent man, competent in the Scriptures.

Upvote 0

murjahel

Senior Veteran
Oct 31, 2005
✟29,367.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married

When Aquila and Priscilla met with Apollos, and 'expounded' and taught him more perfectly... that made at least three in that place...

A church service is not a 'denominational meeting', it is wherever two or three gather in one place to worship and honor our Lord... so they had church.

Priscilla and Aquila had church in their home... Paul tells us... So, probably there was the location of the church service. They jointly pastored, and jointly preached and taught... Apollos was the congregation that day... and he was ministered to...

So, why did Paul not condemn them for Priscilla not being silent? Have some misinterpreted that verse? Could it be, that Paul was talking about women not interrupting the male or female pastor's sermon to ask or tell her husband something... and like Paul said, 'wait till you get home to ask your husband'...

I find the story of Aquila and Priscilla to be very revealing... for either Paul was very inconsistent in his teaching ... or he had no objection to Priscilla jointly pastoring, and preaching... Paul even allowed this woman to teach the well studied Apollos...

wow!

Upvote 0

murjahel

Senior Veteran
Oct 31, 2005
✟29,367.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Oh, but before you said some words are not always a strict usage, like the "men" word.;)

I knew it says they, but you must keep in within he cultural morays, the man would not sit there and let the woman teach another man.

Especially because Apollos was a respected man, maybe had some stature, educated, he was no common guy. Highly unlikely in their culture, the husband would subordinate himself, while the wife took over. Did she maybe share a bit, fine, but she was subordinate in their marriage, that is just the way it was then. It would be odd for her to teach, and the husband just quietly sitting there, that is not how it was then.

24 Now a Jew named Apollos, a native of Alexandria, came to Ephesus. He was an eloquent man, competent in the Scriptures.

that is what we call 'assumption' and 'denial of the Word of God'...

Apollos was eloquent and competent... and Priscilla was Holy Spirit filled... and I would bet on that person in any teaching, for the Spirit filled one has the greatest Teacher in the world whispering any answers to her that she needs...

Matthew 10:19-20 (KJV)
19 But when they deliver you up, take no thought how or what ye shall speak: for it shall be given you in that same hour what ye shall speak.
20 For it is not ye that speak, but the Spirit of your Father which speaketh in you.

Upvote 0

Frogster

Galatians is the best!
Sep 7, 2009
✟74,317.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
When Aquila and Priscilla met with Apollos, and 'expounded' and taught him more perfectly... that made at least three in that place...

A church service is not a 'denominational meeting', it is wherever two or three gather in one place to worship and honor our Lord... so they had church.

Priscilla and Aquila had church in their home... Paul tells us... So, probably there was the location of the church service. They jointly pastored, and jointly preached and taught... Apollos was the congregation that day... and he was ministered to...

So, why did Paul not condemn them for Priscilla not being silent? Have some misinterpreted that verse? Could it be, that Paul was talking about women not interrupting the male or female pastor's sermon to ask or tell her husband something... and like Paul said, 'wait till you get home to ask your husband'...

I find the story of Aquila and Priscilla to be very revealing... for either Paul was very inconsistent in his teaching ... or he had no objection to Priscilla jointly pastoring, and preaching... Paul even allowed this woman to teach the well studied Apollos...

wow!

again, you are presuming too much, I could have a meeting in my house, but I am in charge. Again, just like in Tim, the leadership role in the house, and the church was the husband, that is clear overt teaching, about leadership, you are arguing more from an abstract position. The husband would be in charge of the meeting in his house, Paul said so.

The culture goes against your point too, and Paul's own teaching, teaching is direct, you are trying to connect too much from the Acts account.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Status
Not open for further replies.