✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
...another thought came to mind.....

even as David sinned abominably, God described him as a man after His (God's) own heart, and the "apple of His eye".......

and here is possibly why:

David drew soooo near to God, that He was able to see God's "heart", which is very precious to God, and in seeing God's heart, He knew that God is a God, a Father, Who REJOICES OVER US WITH SINGING. THIS is the clincher on what is most precious to God, that HE be recognized as a God, a Father Who rejoices over us with singing.

And David repented from his heart for the abominable things he had done, and he witnessed first hand the inexplicable, plentiful, and abounding mercy and grace of God. AND in so doing, he learned of God's heart, a God Who rejoices over us with singing.

How precious is THAT??? How DELIGHTFUL is our God, Who REJOICES over us with SINGING???

Last edited:
Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Psalm 91

Not much is said about Job and his heart for God, or that he sought refuge in his God. He KNEW his God, and loved Him and honored Him and praised and worshiped Him. When God appeared absent, this jarred Job in inexplicable ways. He sought and sought God and yet God seemed to be be absent at this most most dire time of pain, and suffering and loss. YET, Job STILL said this:

"Though he slay me, yet will I trust in him:" ~Job, chapter 13, verse 15

He said this in the midst of it all, for he KNEW his God. This Psalm could apply to Job and his deeep trust in this God he knew. In spite of all that was unfolding and although he knew not why, he KNEW his God was FAITHFUL and TRUE and that underneath it all were God's everlasting arms.

We can, through anything we are facing, be still and know that He is God, that He is our Father, and that His promises are true, no matter what, and that He LOVES us.

Amen.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Psalm 92

It IS GOOD to give thanks to our God, isn't it? It is GOOD to bless Him and to praise and worship Him, isn't it?

Amen!

Halleluia!

Psalm 92:
It is a good thing to give thanks unto the Lord, and to sing praises unto thy name, O Most High:
To shew forth thy lovingkindness in the morning, and thy faithfulness every night,
Upon an instrument of ten strings, and upon the psaltery; upon the harp with a solemn sound.
For thou, Lord, hast made me glad through thy work: I will triumph in the works of thy hands.
O Lord, how great are thy works! and thy thoughts are very deep.
A brutish man knoweth not; neither doth a fool understand this.
When the wicked spring as the grass, and when all the workers of iniquity do flourish; it is that they shall be destroyed for ever:
But thou, Lord, art most high for evermore.
For, lo, thine enemies, O Lord, for, lo, thine enemies shall perish; all the workers of iniquity shall be scattered.
But my horn shalt thou exalt like the horn of an unicorn: I shall be anointed with fresh oil.
Mine eye also shall see my desire on mine enemies, and mine ears shall hear my desire of the wicked that rise up against me.
The righteous shall flourish like the palm tree: he shall grow like a cedar in Lebanon.
Those that be planted in the house of the Lord shall flourish in the courts of our God.
They shall still bring forth fruit in old age; they shall be fat and flourishing;
To shew that the Lord is upright: he is my rock, and there is no unrighteousness in him.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
:heart: Psalm 92 is a beautiful Psalm...

..speaking of "beautiful", the lyrics to this song speak of Christ's beauty, and the beauty of the body of Christ-Christ's "bride" (that's "us").

Let's be His beautiful "bride", as sung in these lyrics, for our Christ, Amen?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Psalm 93

A very short psalm, only 5 verses, but powerful ones. Our God is described as clothed in majesty, and strength, and the earth, that He established is IMMOVABLE, for HE has made it so. He is everlasting; and mightier than the sea's mighty waves, for He is CREATOR. HE created the sea and all that is in it. It MUST obey Him, just as it did when Jesus told the raging sea to "be still". We can trust Him to still our raging seas and to rescue us from anything attempting to drag us under, praise His glorious name.

Amen.

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Psalm 94

How many times did it seem that the wicked were triumphing, and they continued on, prospering, and literally celebrating their triumph, growing up like grass, as maybe you yourself was at a loss because as it says in verses 20-21, they even write laws and put them into place to shed innocent blood:

20 Shall the throne of iniquity have fellowship with thee, which frameth mischief by a law?

21 They gather themselves together against the soul of the righteous, and condemn the innocent blood.

As it says in verse 16, who will stand against the wicked and their laws when they shed innocent blood?:

16 Who will rise up for me against the evildoers? or who will stand up for me against the workers of iniquity?

What comes to mind for me regarding the shedding of innocent blood is the deliberate and targeted killing of babies, not yet finished their journey in coming outside the womb. God knit each one of us together, that's you and me and each one of the babies in wombs. The wickedness doesn't stop there. Baby body parts are sold for profit, by those who shed these babies innocent blood.

It's almost as if the babies, if they had audible voices, would be asking verse 16.

It is written in Genesis that Abel's blood cried out to God from the ground after Cain killed him. It surely means that these millions of babies blood cries out to God in a tsunami of cries as the holocaust of killing continues.

16 Who will rise up for me against the evildoers? or who will stand up for me against the workers of iniquity?

Who will rise up and speak out for those who cannot speak out for or defend themselves?

Reminds me of some verses in Isaiah, and a verse in Psalms:

Isaiah 58:

6 Is not this the fast that I have chosen? to loose the bands of wickedness, to undo the heavy burdens, and to let the oppressed go free, and that ye break every yoke?

7 Is it not to deal thy bread to the hungry, and that thou bring the poor that are cast out to thy house? when thou seest the naked, that thou cover him; and that thou hide not thyself from thine own flesh?

8 Then shall thy light break forth as the morning, and thine health shall spring forth speedily: and thy righteousness shall go before thee; the glory of the LORD shall be thy rereward.

9 Then shalt thou call, and the LORD shall answer; thou shalt cry, and he shall say, Here I am. If thou take away from the midst of thee the yoke, the putting forth of the finger, and speaking vanity;

10 And if thou draw out thy soul to the hungry, and satisfy the afflicted soul; then shall thy light rise in obscurity, and thy darkness be as the noonday:

Psalm 82:

3 Defend the poor and fatherless: do justice to the afflicted and needy.

It's almost as if the wicked are saying that God neither sees nor hears their abominations and plans to shed innocent blood, yet God has an answer right here:

6 They slay the widow and the stranger, and murder the fatherless.

7 Yet they say, The Lord shall not see, neither shall the God of Jacob regard it.

8 Understand, ye brutish among the people: and ye fools, when will ye be wise?

9 He that planted the ear, shall he not hear? he that formed the eye, shall he not see?

Of COURSE He sees. There will be a time when the wicked WILL come face to face with this God they have brushed aside and ridiculed while shedding innocent blood and getting rich from it, and framing laws to do this (calling evil good, and good evil):

"Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!" ~Isaiah 5:20

Eventually, we ALL will see the living God, face to face (woe to those who are not covered by Jesus Christ:

"It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God." ~Hebrews 10:31

I'm thankful that God has a heart for the most defenseless of us, and for us, and that He is our Defender and Protector and that none of our cries go un-noticed or un-heard by Him, even if they don't make an audible sound, like the smallest and most defenseless among us silent cries.

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Right in sync with Psalm 94, this could be written for today (from Psalm 64)

1 Hear my voice, O God, in my prayer: preserve my life from fear of the enemy.

2 Hide me from the secret counsel of the wicked; from the insurrection of the workers of iniquity:

3 Who whet their tongue like a sword, and bend their bows to shoot their arrows, even bitter words:

4 That they may shoot in secret at the perfect: suddenly do they shoot at him, and fear not.

5 They encourage themselves in an evil matter: they commune of laying snares privily; they say, Who shall see them?

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
....as i'm meditating on Psalm 64, a verse looms out. It's this one:

2 Hide me from the secret counsel of the wicked;

The wicked meet in secret, behind closed doors, making decisions, and passing laws, etc.

The above verse is asking God to "hide" them from this secret counsel of the wicked, in other words, that the wicked NOT think of them and thus make decisions about them, and using laws to hurt or oppress them. This ties right into why we should be praying for our nation daily, doesn't it? What do we think our government, leaders, and president do daily, but meet behind closed doors, making decisions and passing laws that we hear of only after the fact, and literally these laws can call evil good, and good evil.

Yes, we need God to hide us and protect us from these meetings behind closed doors, where literally evil is called good and good is called evil.

We need to pray for our nation. We need to each pray for each of our nations:

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
In thinking about Psalm 94, this song comes to mind, and the word "hope" that God pours out along with HIs grace, and His SURE promises, to ALL of us.

He is GOOD.

Amen?

Hold On.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
oK, so got some catchin' up to do.....

Psalms 95, 96, and 97.......

maybe i'll summarize them....

In Psalms 95 and 96, they start off with singing to the Lord and praising and worshiping Him, and sing of His might.....in Psalm 95 God speaks of how grieved He was with Israel (which represents "us" as well, because we do the very same thing, if we really examine and break down how they dismissed and tossed God to the side...sounds familiar).

Psalm 97 is a song of rejoicing over our God, Who is HOLY and Righteous and how even the heavens declare His righteousness:

verse 6: "The heavens declare his righteousness, and all the people see his glory."

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Psalm 98

God delights in "new" songs. For me this means in "newness" of heart, we express our delight in, and joy in Him. And these are new, morning by morning, aren't they? It's like expressing our heart to Him, in song, isn't it? Kinda' gets me to thinkin' that it's like having a "fresh" and "new" conversation with our God, each morning, in "song".

Our "thoughts" in "song"...

awesome!

I guess God doesn't like "stale".

None of us do, do we?
4chsmu1.gif

In thinkin' about it, we've got at LEAST 10,000 new reasons to "bless" our God, and to tell Him about it all, don't we?

He is GOOD, amen?

[/b]

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Psalms 99, 100, and 101

Psalm 99 emphasizes the "holy-ness" of God, throughout the entire Psalm.....interesting that in verse 1, it states that God sits between the cherubims...that's an AWESOME study, isn't it? I'm not real clear on what the cherubims are, but just as i heard a Bible teacher say once, that it is doubtful that cherubim are "fat little babies" hahaaa i tend to agree with that.

verse 1: "The Lord reigneth; let the people tremble: he sitteth between the cherubims; let the earth be moved."

Awesome.

Psalm 100

This is a DELIGHTFUL little Psalm, with only 5 verses, and those 5 verses are full of admonition to "joy", gladness", "thanksgiving", "praise", and "singing", and BLESSING His name!!! Isn't it DELIGHTFUL that we can BLESS our God's name?

Amen!

Psalm 101

In this Psalm of only 8 verses, David pours out to God how he LOVES Him and how, for GOD'S sake he will reject the influences and doings of those who love deceit, and are the antithesis to anything that glorifies God.

Here, is perhaps a glimpse of why it is God called David the "apple of His eye" and a "man after His (God's) own heart"

A delightful Psalm that gives us a glimpse of David's heart towards God.

Precious.

(this song is so short----wish it was longer)

here's a longer one:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

FredVB

Mar 11, 2010
America
Visit site
✟268,492.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Psalms 102 is the prayer of the afflicted. Great distresses are named that indeed can come to us, when there are circumstances with purpose being served in such. The hope in all the greatest adversity is still with recognizing the everlasting sovereignty of Yahweh God, and God's continuing care for us. It is realized as said.
But you, O Yahweh, will abide forever; And your name unto all generations.
This hope is to spread among nations, there is contribution to this that can grow from our acknowledgment of Yahweh's sovereignty and care.

Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Psalms 102 is the prayer of the afflicted. Great distresses are named that indeed can come to us, when there are circumstances with purpose being served in such. The hope in all the greatest adversity is still with recognizing the everlasting sovereignty of Yahweh God, and God's continuing care for us. It is realized as said.
But you, O Yahweh, will abide forever; And your name unto all generations.
This hope is to spread among nations, there is contribution to this that can grow from our acknowledgment of Yahweh's sovereignty and care.

How true that is, and it's timely even now, amen.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Psalm 103 reminds us that God does not do to us what we deserve, but has pity on us, as His children, and pours out on us his loving kindness and tender mercies.

13 Like as a father pitieth his children, so the LORD pitieth them that fear him.

14 For he knoweth our frame; he remembereth that we are dust.

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Psalm 104

a beautiful psalm, that encompasses God's might, power, and his Authorship of all He created. There is praise and worship from the psalmist to our Creator and the beauty of it is that the psalmist's prayer can be ours as well.

How GREAT is our God!

Upvote 0

FredVB

Mar 11, 2010
America
Visit site
✟268,492.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Praise and thanksgiving are to be given to Yahweh God, from whom we have all goodness, as we should see and acknowledge. So Psalms 105 shows:
Oh give thanks unto Yahweh, call upon his name;
Make known among the peoples his doings.

Sing unto him, sing praises unto him;
Talk of all his marvelous works.

Glory in his holy name:
Let the heart of them rejoice that seek Yahweh.

His promises are with covenant that was sought for having with us, and even for it to be everlasting, the thousand generations spoken of are a greater amount than those throughout all history of humanity. Yahweh has shown great works throughout history, with so much of that written in the Bible, and with this for covenant relationship with us, we should seek God out all that we can. When we are going through hard times for us, such truths are for us to remember.

Upvote 0

FredVB

Mar 11, 2010
America
Visit site
✟268,492.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single