The BIRTH of Faith....The Lords unilateral regenerating of Lydia's heart.

Status
Not open for further replies.

nobdysfool

The original! Accept no substitutes!
Feb 23, 2003
Home, except when I'm not....
✟21,146.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Maybe he meant that Paul doesn't believe in your kind of predestination.
That's not what he said. Ben made a categorical, blanket statement that is easily disproven from Paul's own words.

Upvote 0

frumanchu

God's justice does not demand second chances
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2003
Ohio
✟62,780.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
One has to only read 1Cor9:25-27, to see Paul did not believe in "predestined-election".

And 2Cor13:5 ties directly in...

Paul not only believed in predestination and election, but preached them boldly. It's not Paul's fault that you are unable to accept everything he says rather than picking and choosing which words to believe and which words to explain away with faulty logic, textual manipulation, and horrible hermeneutics.

Upvote 0

nobdysfool

The original! Accept no substitutes!
Feb 23, 2003
Home, except when I'm not....
✟21,146.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Does anyone of "Reformed Theology", wanna discuss 1Cor9:25-27? And 2Cor13:15 (connected by the word, "adokimos")?

That's one-a' them "smoking guns", that cannot fit "predestined-election"...

1Co 9:25-27 Every athlete exercises self-control in all things. They do it to receive a perishable wreath, but we an imperishable. (26) So I do not run aimlessly; I do not box as one beating the air. (27) But I discipline my body and keep it under control, lest after preaching to others I myself should be disqualified.

And, there is no 2 Corinthians 13:15. The epistle ends with verse 14.

There we have it folks, the self-proclaimed "master of scripture", who boasts of his voluminous scripture quotes in defense of his false doctrine, and claims that he is right primarily because he quotes more scriptures than his opponents, is now quoting non-existent scriptures.

And, 2 Cor 13:15 is just the smoke, no gun.....

I don't think we need to go any farther until he explains just what 2 Cor. 13:15 says...... :doh: :sigh: :D :p

Oh, and by the way, "predestined-election" is not a biblical term. Election is the reason for predestination. God Elects, then He predestines. If Ben knew anything about Reformed Theology, he'd know that. But since he obviously doesn't know that, he spends a lot of time trying to set fire to a straw man. Same as it ever was.....

Upvote 0

frumanchu

God's justice does not demand second chances
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2003
Ohio
✟62,780.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Does anyone of "Reformed Theology", wanna discuss 1Cor9:25-27? And 2Cor13:15 (connected by the word, "adokimos")?

That's one-a' them "smoking guns", that cannot fit "predestined-election"...

If I post in response to it, will you acknowledge it and reply to it?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.