The Bible must say somewhere that it is grounds for divorce if...

Flipper

Flippant Dolphin
Feb 19, 2003
✟12,928.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
...your husband talks you into going to the Mall on the night before Christmas Eve to get yet another gift card for the employee he forgot.

Yep, grounds for divorce, or at least a whacking of the hardest Christmas present he's getting across his brow. I'm sure the Bible makes it crystal clear that divorce, or the whacking of his hardest christmas present is most warrented. Just have to find it.

:mad:

:wave: :clap: Merry Christmas everyone!!!:clap: :wave:

Flipper

Flippant Dolphin
Feb 19, 2003
✟12,928.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Truly Blessed said:
Hey, I am better than some; I still had 19 hours left to get one. Unlike some husbands who wait til the last minute ;).
You are funny. :D What did you get her?

I tried to send him to the mall yesterday, but he balked. I was able to send him to the grocery store. That was bad enough. I feel vindicated!!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

desi

Aug 20, 2003
La Vista
✟4,540.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Flipper said:
LOL! Something like that.

Merry Christmas, Desi!!
Thanks Flipper. I'm glad I'm not a PIC so I don't have to deal with holiday scheduling, fussy workers, and irritable customers. The holidays just seem to bring out the worst in some people. Just keeping my schedule, picking up a few extra hours, and working with a smile is just fine with me.

Happy New Year Flipper to you and your husband. Be sure to give him a bit of a break. At least where I am the customers have been angry lately. Maybe its all the bad news about NSAIDS.

Upvote 0

Flipper

Flippant Dolphin
Feb 19, 2003
✟12,928.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
desi said:
Thanks Flipper. I'm glad I'm not a PIC so I don't have to deal with holiday scheduling, fussy workers, and irritable customers. The holidays just seem to bring out the worst in some people. Just keeping my schedule, picking up a few extra hours, and working with a smile is just fine with me.

Happy New Year Flipper to you and your husband. Be sure to give him a bit of a break. At least where I am the customers have been angry lately. Maybe its all the bad news about NSAIDS.
LOL!! He's in a great store now. It's so much better than this time last year - no one accuses him of sexual harassment at this store. I also think the little old ladies are more worried about getting their anise oil, than the NSAIDs.

He used to be in stores that were so bad that he would get panic attacks in crowded retail settings when we would be out together. I do most of the Christmas shopping because of that. I had to give him trouble for that, though, and he thought this thread was funny. The other pharmacist later told me that he tried to give me puppy dog eyes over the phone, but she didn't think I could see them.

Happy New Year to you and yours too Desi. Enjoy the overtime pay. :D

Upvote 0

Truly Blessed

Jul 5, 2004
✟15,212.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Private
Flipper said:
You are funny. :D What did you get her?

I tried to send him to the mall yesterday, but he balked. I was able to send him to the grocery store. That was bad enough. I feel vindicated!!
It was the Christmas Card that I forgot to get.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

isaiah5213

Bury Me With a Sword in my Hand
Sep 8, 2004
louisville kentucky area
✟25,601.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
the bible must say somewhere that it is grounds for divorce if...

your hubby forbids for you to fill the car up w/gas. so you don't. then you're stranded on a dark, lonely, road & there is no house in sight for 2 miles, to call your hubby and ask him to get a friend and a can, to get the vehicle started again...

and so as not to make the men feel i am bashing them...

the bible must say somewhere that it is grounds for divorce if the man comes home and finds out the wife got this yen to redecorate the bathroom w/this elaborate fish scheme... so she paints the bathroom this deep deep deep-gonna-have-to-put-5-layers-of-white-to-get-rid-of-it blue on the wall, and she let the kids help her, so the toilet is blue, the pipes are blue, the sink is blue, and the floor is blue. and the fish she painted?? well, she is not artistic at all, and the kids are better than she is, but not that much, and so there are fish painted on the walls that look like little cars (the boys must have painted those) the jellyfish look like octopuses...sort of... and one of the teenagers painted these really beautiful fish, but she decided to put artistic flair into it and painted the whole school of fish upside down!

the bible must say somewhere that it is grounds for divorce if the man comes home to find a huge hole in the ceiling, cuz the woman was in the attic trying to get out a suitcase, saw a dollar in the "white fuzzy stuff" and bent over, w/the suitcase to try to pick up the dollar... needless to say, she lost her balance, fell in between the rafters, and did severe damage to the ceiling...like the moneypit hole... ahem...

the bible must say somewhere that it is grounds for divorce if hubby tells you not to turn the subwoofer on anymore because you constantly forget to turn it off, and while he is at work you do anyway. you get caught because when you do, there is a big bam, and a snap crackle pop noise roaring thru the house, and of a volume of 1-10, you could swear the thing read 2 when you turned it on--which you blink and rub your eyes, it says 2. it was just maybe that God wanted you to get caught trying to do something behind your hubby's back to choose that moment for it to break. what's worse, is that after you check wires, you turn it off and pretend like you never had it on--but hubby knows you did because the wires are all funny looking--therefore you knew it wasn't working, ergo you had it on... oops.

folks, i did 2 of these 3 things. neighbor did the left over one. guess which 2 i did... sigh.

Upvote 0

Flipper

Flippant Dolphin
Feb 19, 2003
✟12,928.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
That's funny.

The subwoofer thing is really the husband's fault.

It sounds like he doesn't have a decent receiver to adjust the woofer accordingly - so all you have to do is to simply turn the receiver off and everything is done. (I married an audiophyle so I get to learn these things - he will try to tell you that the new REL subwoofer was for me, but he's lyin')

Upvote 0

isaiah5213

Sep 8, 2004
louisville kentucky area
✟25,601.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Flipper said:
That's funny.

The subwoofer thing is really the husband's fault.

It sounds like he doesn't have a decent receiver to adjust the woofer accordingly - so all you have to do is to simply turn the receiver off and everything is done. (I married an audiophyle so I get to learn these things - he will try to tell you that the new REL subwoofer was for me, but he's lyin')

but what if he had had the receiver and woofer for 4 1/2 years, and there was no problem?? then i marry him, and what..weeks later? there's a problem?....his best friend tried to reassure him and me it wasn't a problem, but then he came over to look at it, went into hysterics, and said "yep, it's a problem"... it was under warranty. so my hubby took it to get it fixed. but they said that they discontinued that type, & upgraded... so he would have to choose another woofer, and they would take the price he paid off the next one... my hubby threw an everlovin fit cuz' he got the 400$ system on sale for 150.00. no joke. and the updated subs they wanted about 600$ for... they went down to 400, but they wouldn't give it to him. my hubby paid for that warranty, too, so he feels robbed. in a huge way. (5 year warranty)...

Upvote 0

isaiah5213

Sep 8, 2004
louisville kentucky area
✟25,601.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
isaiah5213 said:
but what if he had had the receiver and woofer for 4 1/2 years, and there was no problem?? then i marry him, and what..weeks later? there's a problem?....his best friend tried to reassure him and me it wasn't a problem, but then he came over to look at it, went into hysterics, and said "yep, it's a problem"... it was under warranty. so my hubby took it to get it fixed. but they said that they discontinued that type, & upgraded... so he would have to choose another woofer, and they would take the price he paid off the next one... my hubby threw an everlovin fit cuz' he got the 400$ system on sale for 150.00. no joke. and the updated subs they wanted about 600$ for... they went down to 400, but they wouldn't give it to him. my hubby paid for that warranty, too, so he feels robbed. in a huge way. (5 year warranty)...

whoops. forgot to add that my hubby does that too.. i have a digital camera and printer i got for Christmas. funny tho, as of yet, i have not been allowed to touch it, nor read the paperwork, cuz' he is. when we got this pc, it was for me, he said... hah.

Upvote 0

Flipper

Flippant Dolphin
Feb 19, 2003
✟12,928.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
isaiah5213 said:
whoops. forgot to add that my hubby does that too.. i have a digital camera and printer i got for Christmas. funny tho, as of yet, i have not been allowed to touch it, nor read the paperwork, cuz' he is. when we got this pc, it was for me, he said... hah.

I get his leftovers. He builds himself a computer, then I get his old one. I'm not complaining - they work.

isaiah5213 said:

Your husband just needs to find an audiophyle site (AVS Forums is a good one) and start a thread in the subwoofer forum, "What's the best that I can get for $400-$600." People in the industry will answer him. He'll see me there. I post there as "Neglected Wife." J/K - I don't post, but I go there to see what kind of justification he has to get a new system. It's quite educational. I've learned that good quality speakers and subwoofers will last decades. Therefore, I've given him permission to upgrade the current set on the EXPRESS CONDITION that he is only allowed to upgrade once in this lifetime. If he wants to spend the money, and we have the money to spend, then fine, but it's a one time deal only, so he better choose carefully.

It's been 4 1/2 years? He just needs to get over his stubborness and upgrade. :D Just be warned, a new subwoofer might require a new receiver. Receivers don't seem to last as long as speakers do. :eek:

Upvote 0