Code Monkey
Jan 26, 2014
Antwerp
✟150,895.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
I just don't like when people doubt God.

And muslims don't like it that you believe in a god other then Allah.
And perhaps I don't like it that you believe in any god at all.

The key here is to toughen up and don't get "insulted" or "upset" by other people's opinions or beliefs.

He is not that hard to find. His creation alone speaks volumes:)

If you say so.
I feel like, what you call "creation", points to the opposite of gods.

Upvote 0

newhopeinHim

Nov 2, 2015
✟858.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I'm leaving with fatweerobin. You guys can argue with yourselves and eachother. Blessings anyways and pray God will open up your eyes to the truth. Because honestly it will be to late when you are cast into hell. Its in the word of God and His word is TRUTH. Pray you see it soon:)

Upvote 0

Archaeopteryx

Wanderer
Jul 1, 2007
✟70,740.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I'm leaving with fatweerobin. You guys can argue with yourselves and eachother. Blessings anyways and pray God will open up your eyes to the truth. Because honestly it will be to late when you are cast into hell. Its in the word of God and His word is TRUTH. Pray you see it soon:)
This is both amusing and sad. You venture onto a forum dedicated to the critical examination of various claims, including the claims of religion, you declare your upset when doubters request that you justify your claims (on a philosophy forum), and then, when you fail to put forward anything resembling an argument, you play the hellfire card, turn and run. Come back when you have something worthwhile to contribute.

Upvote 0

DogmaHunter

Code Monkey
Jan 26, 2014
Antwerp
✟150,895.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Christ unchained you from the Law by being beaten and crucified as the perfect Lamb of God.
What more extraordinary, mighty God could you ask for?

1. the story, to me, reads like a lesson in moral bankrupcy
2. might does not make right
3. how "likeable" a story is, has no bearing on wheter or not the story is true and accurate.

This is what I don't get about atheists.

Most likely, that's because you are so caught up in your religious bubble that you can't even imagine how someone outside that bubble, views your bubble.

It does matter, because you simply live in the eternity of your on undoing, which is perfect justice.

It only matters to those who actually believe it to be real.

Meanwhile, us unbelievers are perfectly capable of forming a moral opinion concerning the concept of hell - whatever kind it may be.

I agree that the whole fire and brimstone thing is sadistic- honestly, I don't know what was going through the minds of Christians to think that was the case other than that the papacy was putting fear into others.

See? You DO know how it is to NOT share the religious views of others...
Consider that these brimstone-hell-believing christians were(/are) as convinced as YOU are when it comes to their religious beliefs.

Now consider how it is like for "outsiders", like me, who see you make your religious case on the one hand and those other christians bringing their religious case on the other.

For us, there is no distinction in both your religious cases.

Reactions: Ana the Ist
Upvote 0

DogmaHunter

Code Monkey
Jan 26, 2014
Antwerp
✟150,895.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
All you have to do is believe in God.

To me, that reads like "all you have to do is believe that the place where the rainbow touches the earth, is the marker of where the leprechauns hide their pots of gold".

You say this as if this is a "choice" as trivial as deciding to eat a chicken sandwich instead of a cheese sandwich.

It's, off course, completely ridiculous to even suggest such a thing.

If you can't do that, then you have simply become the agent of a fallen angel.
You can interpret that any way you want- the Apostle Paul states that men who do not hold to the Creator are without excuse.

And the mythology of the vikings states that all who don't die on the battle field will not be allowed to enter Whalhalla to dine with the Gods.

The lesson here is that what the mythology of a religion says, is ONLY relevant to those who actually believe in the mythology of said religion.

Threatening atheists with hell and other supernatural shenannigans is like threatening you with "you won't get into whalhalla" or "santa won't bring you any presents".

We both know that you won't be losing any sleep over such threats.... so why would you expect us to lose sleep over your threats?

Mankind is sick. It is why we live the way we do.

Again, this is again a claim coming from your religion.
One has to buy into OT myths and legends, which states that humans live in a "fallen" world and have "original sin".

This is something that is only believed to be "true" by the followers of said religion.

You reap what you sow.
This is a central tenant of holy belief.

......which, again, is only relevant to those who actually believe it.

Upvote 0

GrimKingGrim

The Thin Dead Line of sanity
Apr 13, 2015
Isle of Who?
✟10,468.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Mankind is sick. It is why we live the way we do.

Weirdly I'm more inclined to believe that this is true because we tried to construct rules and punishments on people's personal thoughts and feelings based on an authoritarian entity. It's like burning into your brain that you're constantly displeasing your father with everything you do and you don't know why that displeases him.

Upvote 0

newhopeinHim

Nov 2, 2015
✟858.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Everyone of you comes on a Christian forum site. (Christian) Why? To argue with Christians about our faith in God. What do you have to bring here? No matter what we say or believe you atheist will say we are wrong and continue to argue with us. Jesus ways are right and yours are wrong. Its simple and truth.

Upvote 0

newhopeinHim

Nov 2, 2015
✟858.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
It was to a particular post ,an insulting one .No, I don't like to insult ,but some people
don't realise that rocks can hurt, unless they are hurled back .
They are bringing evil to this forum site. From their avatars to things and pictures posted on their pages. I don't want to see it! I have a right to be here as I am a Christian and this is supposed to be a Christian forum site. Other sites I have been on don't allow this kind of behavior to go on.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
:wave::wave:
Just noticed this . Am making my last post today .Just sent a message to the mods to say that they have allowed atheists to take over most sites .Most add nothing ,a few do ,and even a rare one asks a question .Since the problem with an atheist (most ) is that they lack Light ,you can see it in countries where it dominated like France where many are awakening to this truth as they can see how love of God can transform .Of course there it is clearer because they can see the long term effects , also there has been more discussion about these subjects .America is catching up in HOW to teach about God in a rational way, as well as teaching "belief' .
No they are not here to learn ,to ask questions ,but to destroy .
I know the God will be good to you ,God bless . :wave:

You can always post in the Christian only section, if having others that disagree with you, causes you turmoil.

Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
They are bringing evil to this forum site. From their avatars to things and pictures posted on their pages. I don't want to see it! I have a right to be here as I am a Christian and this is supposed to be a Christian forum site. Other sites I have been on don't allow this kind of behavior to go on.

CF has a Christian only section, where only Christians can post.

Were you aware of that?

Upvote 0

Eudaimonist

I believe in life before death!
Jan 1, 2003
American resident of Sweden
Visit site
✟119,206.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
How very sad for you..

It's not sad at all. It just seems that way to you.

Everyone of you comes on a Christian forum site. (Christian) Why? To argue with Christians about our faith in God.

For more reasons than that.

What do you have to bring here?

Insight. Experience. Logic. Honesty.

That's by no means an exhaustive list.

No matter what we say or believe you atheist will say we are wrong and continue to argue with us.

No, I might agree with you about some things. It all depends on what you do say.

Jesus ways are right and yours are wrong. Its simple and truth.

Or falsehood. And, of course, we could both be wrong.

eudaimonia,

Mark

Upvote 0

PsychoSarah

Chaotic Neutral
Jan 13, 2014
✟95,463.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
How does an Atheist think?
Thinking by my estimation involves creative intelligence.
If atheism is true then one thing that is also true is that we are not thinking at all. We are merely dancing to our DNA so to speak, a puppet on some chemical string.
I have often wondered why an Atheist who believes this stuff would even bother to make an attempt to alter the thought processes of another when their so called thoughts are simply an expression of environmental conditioning and chemical evolution.
I wouldn't after all try and convince a fire to "think" anything differently from what it does.
That's not how brains work. Our minds are shaped by experiences, and how we interpret and adapt to those experiences depends upon our reactions to previous experiences, as well as genetically driven tendencies. Nothing we do is all genes, in fact, when it comes to personality, environment usually is the biggest factor. Btw, your religion being correct wouldn't make this any less true, and if we were really just "dancing to the tune of our DNA", a creator wouldn't change that.

Upvote 0

SamuelTP1977

May 22, 2015
✟8,282.00
Faith
Unitarian
I believe I have a good reason to hold out a hope for the divinity of Jesus Christ. Here it is:

If you study statistics you learn about hypothesis testing (depending on the instructor I suppose). So, you could for example say you think Coca Cola short changes it customers in those 20 oz bottles. So you could develop a null hypothesis that Coca Cola claims the average amount of coca cola in the coke bottles should be 20 oz. However I claim Coca Cola is wrong and the average amount of Coke in a 20 oz coke bottle is less than 20 oz, could even be 19 ounces. So here is the notation:

H0: u = 20 oz

HA: u < 20 oz

So you collect a sample of coke bottles hopefully randomly which is important and you average the ounces of coke cola and find that the bottles of coke cola actually have 19 ounces of coke on average. Next you build a test statistic which looks like something

(u-u hat)/nsigma (I forget this part, but it does look like something (20-19)n/(n-1) sigma.

This test statistic should be nothing more than a value of the student t distribution, so you got to find your critical value at significance alpha .01 or .05 or even much smaller. Say we pick significance level to be .01, 1% we look at the critical value which is determined by the degrees of freedom (based on the sample size) and the chance you could be rejecting H0 when Ho is correct where you could be wrong by random chance. So you get your critical value which is a number off the t distribution and compare it to the test statistic. If the test statistic is larger than the critical value, then you say we reject HO at significance level alpha .01 for instance.

Now here is the point: You really don't know if you are right, you got the odds on your side, but you still could be wrong with a 1 % chance or your sample was bad, it wasn't picked randomly enough.

This is like the existence of God we are not made to know, it could have been a really lucky event that took place over billions of years that has brought us here by natural processes, but really you could be wrong. So why be so convinced? I believe there should be some mystery to our faith and our existence. This adds spice to the belief system.

So what are your thoughts on this?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟438,959.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Everyone of you comes on a Christian forum site. (Christian) Why? To argue with Christians about our faith in God. What do you have to bring here? No matter what we say or believe you atheist will say we are wrong and continue to argue with us. Jesus ways are right and yours are wrong. Its simple and truth.

It's an opinion...not a truth.

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟438,959.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
sure I do... Jesus is a fact

Cool...let's look at fact we can both agree on...

2+2=4. You consider that a fact... Right? Since its a fact, I can probably demonstrate it to you. I could take two apples, add two more apples to my original two apples, and together we could then count out four apples. That would be one way we can demonstrate this fact.

Now let's look at an opinion. If I said, "Vanilla is the best flavor of milkshake in the world!"....would that be an opinion or fact? Sure, I stated it like it's a fact...but is it? Is it really the best flavor of milkshake in the world? How could I demonstrate it to be a fact?

I can't. It's an opinion and nothing more. I can never "show" you that it's the best flavor of milkshake in the world. That's just how I see things...it's my opinion.

So when you say "Jesus is the truth"...it's an opinion. You can never be able to demonstrate this to be true. If you can...go ahead and do it. Show me that Jesus is the truth.

Upvote 0