The 7000-Year Theory

Do you think the 7000-year theory is right?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

yeshuasavedme

Senior Veteran
May 31, 2004
✟97,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
How? Do you even know what the word "how" means? How is there a magical prevention of "kinds" from crossing? And what the heck is a "kind"? A genus? An order? A family? A phylum? Are you just making this stuff up as you go?
Genesis chapter one sets the boundaries.
You sure do not read, do you?
I answered that question from Scripture on a prior post.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Interplanner

Aug 5, 2012
near Olympic National Park
✟12,847.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Yeshua re #153 and 'nothing else but earth'
True, there was nothing else but the earth in the text, but that's not true of total reality. Nor is your time frame, which is in the text. Jer 4:23 says 'tohu wa-bohu' refers to the destruction of previously existing situation, to which we are not privy, so the text does not explain. It just mentions it being there.

Total reality is all fact. The Christian position in epistemology, as Dr. Schaeffer says, is that all reality is God's, and we don't have to worry about falling off the edge of the world one day as though the Bible was a separate kind of reality. The Christian position is objectively true, so we can be open to all kinds of questions.

I have heard you try to resolve the light of day 1 and 4 and it is not satisfactory.

Upvote 0

Interplanner

Aug 5, 2012
✟12,847.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Yeshua,
here is an illustration from another context of what I am saying about knowledge and facts. It is Acts 12:9. Peter thought he was having a vision of escape from prison. The subconcious remark by Luke is just fascinating. Peter had no 'edei hoti alethes estin'. No idea that this was actually happening. It is an extremely important statement, maybe more than many people realize. It means the 'actors' in the NT actually tested things out that were happening to them. It helps us see into their minds, whether they were just vacant, or simplistic, or just accepted anything that happened to them as a vision, or just had visions and not actual events, or just accepted anything that was a vision. I hope you can see the point. They really did test everything and there was a unified field of knowledge that could not be broken.

The question is whether we have standards of knowledge that are that solid.

Upvote 0
B

Bible2

Interplanner said in post 162:

I have heard you try to resolve the light of day 1 and 4 and it is not satisfactory.

Genesis 1:3-5 doesn't have to mean "Let light exist for the first time anywhere", but can simply mean "Let there be light on the earth".

Genesis 1:3-5 could mean that God had some light source in space temporarily light up half the earth as bright as day, three, literal, 24-hour days before he created the sun (Genesis 1:14-19).

(See also post 12)

Upvote 0

shturt678

Senior Veteran
Feb 1, 2013
Hawaii
✟20,928.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Genesis 1:3-5 doesn't have to mean "Let light exist for the first time anywhere", but can simply mean "Let there be light on the earth".

Genesis 1:3-5 could mean that God had some light source in space temporarily light up half the earth as bright as day, three, literal, 24-hour days before he created the sun (Genesis 1:14-19).

(See also post 12)

Didn't you mean: "...literal, 24-hour days after he created the sun..."? :idea:

Upvote 0

yeshuasavedme

Senior Veteran
May 31, 2004
✟97,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Didn't you mean: "...literal, 24-hour days after he created the sun..."? :idea:
The evening/night and the morning/day, together, equal one Day, Genesis 1:5
Gen 1:5
And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning = "echad/one" day.
The literal 24 hour day began on day 1 of creation week. The light revolves around the earth and the darkness revolves, but they are divided and one revolution of night/darkness and day/morning/light =one "echad" "Day".
The sun is not the light, but was made to be a mennorah as a collector of the Light to refract it back out and govern the light by day.

Upvote 0

shturt678

Senior Veteran
Feb 1, 2013
Hawaii
✟20,928.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
The evening/night and the morning/day, together, equal one Day, Genesis 1:5
Gen 1:5
And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning = "echad/one" day.
The literal 24 hour day began on day 1 of creation week. The light revolves around the earth and the darkness revolves, but they are divided and one revolution of night/darkness and day/morning/light =one "echad" "Day".
The sun is not the light, but was made to be a mennorah as a collector of the Light to refract it back out and govern the light by day.

Day 1 - 24 hours. I was fast forward to v.14 with the sun, etc. and spaced out the 1st day - thank you again. :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

nephilimiyr

I've Been Keepin My Eyes Wide Open
Jan 21, 2003
Wausau Wisconsin
Visit site
✟40,552.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
History of the Millennium

o Jewish Origins

• “Millennium,” Encyclopedia Britannica, eleventh edition, page 459
“’In six days God created the world, on the seventh He rested. But a day of God is equal to a thousand years (Psalm 90:4). Hence the world will last for six thousand years of toil and labor; then will come one thousand years of Sabbath rest for the people of God in the kingdom of the Messiah.’ This idea must have already been very common in the first century before Christ.”

• “Eschatology,” The Jewish Encyclopedia, V, page 211
“The present world of toil is to be followed by a Sabbatical millennium, ‘the world to come.’ Of these the six millenniums were again divided, as in Parsism, into three periods: the first 2,000 years devoid of the law; the next 2,000 years under the rule of the law; and the last 2,000 years preparing amid struggles and through catastrophes for the rule of the Messiah.”

o Early Christians

• Barnabas, Epistle of Barnabas (100 AD)
“Of the Sabbath He speaketh in the beginning of the creation; ‘And God made the works of his hands in six days, and He ended on the seventh day, and rested on it.’ … In six thousand years the Lord shall bring all things to an end; for the day with Him signifieth a thousand years; and this He himself beareth me witness, saying, ‘Behold, the day of the Lord shall be as a thousand years.’ Therefore, children, in six days, that is in six thousand years, everything shall come to an end. ‘And He rested on the seventh day.’ This he meaneth; when His Son shall come, and shall abolish the time of the Lawless One, and shall judge the ungodly, and shall change the sun and the moon and the stars, then shall He truly rest on the seventh day.”

• Irenaeus, Against Heresies (180 AD)
“For in as many days as this world was made, in so many thousand years shall it be concluded. And for this reason the Scripture says: ‘Thus the heaven and the earth were finished, and all their adornment. And God brought to a conclusion upon the sixth day the works that He had made; and God rested upon the seventh day from all His works.’ This is an account of the things formerly created, as also it is a prophecy of what is to come. For the day of the Lord is as a thousand years; and in six days created things were completed: it is evident, therefore, that they will come to an end at the sixth thousand year.”
When making a poll you should always include other options than just yes or no. I can't vote in your poll because I'm not sure. I think it may be a possibililty but other than that, who knows?

Upvote 0

Interplanner

Aug 5, 2012
✟12,847.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Yeshua wrote:
The light revolves around the earth and the darkness revolves, but they are divided and one revolution of night/darkness and day/morning/light =one "echad" "Day".

Physically impossible. Try it in a dark room.

You need to read Lewis' distinction between 'natural' miracles and 'supernatural' miracles. A supernatural miracle is one in which a natural event occurs apart from time. You have turned the normal celestial mechanics (which is miracle enough) into an ongoing supernatural miracle. These chapters are in GOD IN THE DOCK and/or MERE CHRISTIANITY and/or CHRISTIAN REFLECTIONS. (I will try to find them more exactly).

The scientist-become-Christians who did a great dvd on 'natural' miracles is called THE PRIVILEGED PLANET and is prob online.

Your theory of the sun is a magicalization that is medieval, ie, pre-modern.

Upvote 0

shturt678

Senior Veteran
Feb 1, 2013
Hawaii
✟20,928.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Yeshua wrote:
The light revolves around the earth and the darkness revolves, but they are divided and one revolution of night/darkness and day/morning/light =one "echad" "Day".

Physically impossible. Try it in a dark room.

You need to read Lewis' distinction between 'natural' miracles and 'supernatural' miracles. A supernatural miracle is one in which a natural event occurs apart from time. You have turned the normal celestial mechanics (which is miracle enough) into an ongoing supernatural miracle. These chapters are in GOD IN THE DOCK and/or MERE CHRISTIANITY and/or CHRISTIAN REFLECTIONS. (I will try to find them more exactly).

The scientist-become-Christians who did a great dvd on 'natural' miracles is called THE PRIVILEGED PLANET and is prob online.

Your theory of the sun is a magicalization that is medieval, ie, pre-modern.

Have to call a spade a spade and the last three days are clearly controlled by the sun, which was created on the 4th day of course. And all the days are described in the same terms used for indicating the nature and the course of the first three - all 24 hour days grammatically and contextually. :thumbsup:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Houly

May 27, 2013
✟8,017.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
When making a poll you should always include other options than just yes or no. I can't vote in your poll because I'm not sure. I think it may be a possibililty but other than that, who knows?

I didn't include an option for "I don't know" because that's what everyone would have to answer. None of us know if it's right, it's just a theory. The question is just "do you think..." If the poll results are 300-0, we could still all be wrong.

Upvote 0

nephilimiyr

I've Been Keepin My Eyes Wide Open
Jan 21, 2003
Wausau Wisconsin
Visit site
✟40,552.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I didn't include an option for "I don't know" because that's what everyone would have to answer. None of us know if it's right, it's just a theory. The question is just "do you think..." If the poll results are 300-0, we could still all be wrong.
Well then you should ask your question as to if we think it's possible since you say none of us know if it's right or not. With your options you wanted us to take a stand on what is true and what is false. Again, I don't know whether it's true or false as I think it might go either way so I was not able to vote in the poll.

Also, there is, I'm sure, more than one person than myself who has either never thought of this "theory" or has little background into it, so asking us what we think in a definitive manner of yes or no is pointless.

Anyway...:)

Upvote 0

yeshuasavedme

Senior Veteran
May 31, 2004
✟97,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Exactly 4,000?
I never heard that before, but the creation of the sun on the 4th day is an oracle of the coming of the Son of God in flesh as the Glory of God, in the 4th millennial "Day". Do a Bible search on the glory and the Light which He alone bears.
He is the "Sun of Righteousness" and the sun itself types Him being the One in whose face the Light of the Glory of the invisible YHWH is seen.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Houly

May 27, 2013
✟8,017.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I think so too. The fourth day (968 BC - 33 AD) began with the Temple of Solomon (reign started in 968 BC) and the prophets, the first lights. John the Baptist, the lesser light, shone in the darkness before the arrival of Jesus Christ, the greater light, and the Lord’s apostles, the stars, to deliver to mankind the light of the gospels. It ended with the crucifixion in 33 AD.

Upvote 0

Houly

May 27, 2013
✟8,017.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
hippo_bump.jpg

Upvote 0

shturt678

Senior Veteran
Feb 1, 2013
Hawaii
✟20,928.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
which begs the question of what kind of light are we talking about on the 1st day that determines day and night?

Scientists often regard light as just enveloping the sun, but not as an intrinsic part of it, why could it not have existed by itself without being localized in any heavenly body Interplanner? Earth < 7,000 years ~ less

Upvote 0