Critical loyalist
Apr 18, 2002
CA
Visit site
✟28,828.00
Faith
Catholic
SUNSTONE said:
That is your opinion. The gay lifestyle is practicing something that the body was never designed to do. That is why the disease rate is very high.
Plus the mental side of confussion that comes with it. They may satisfy the flesh, but deep down there is something strange and missing, very confussing.
They struggle with who they are.

Lesbians have no special mental conditions associated with them. This is not an opinion; it is a fact. Your speculation about confusion and a need to satisfy the flesh is just that: speculation. Reality shows your speculation is wrong. There are plenty of lesbians who are not confused and do not struggle with who they are.

Upvote 0

fragmentsofdreams

Critical loyalist
Apr 18, 2002
CA
Visit site
✟28,828.00
Faith
Catholic
SUNSTONE said:
There are laws, that oppress people from murdering. If you want to use a different definition, then I will use it as well.
But in this light, oppression is good, and you can agree with it, that murder should be oppressed.

You just don't believe that the gay lifestyle should be oppressed, where as I do.

The definition of oppression you are using is overly broad. It is not found in any dictionary.

Opress: To keep down by severe and unjust use of force or authority.

The key word is "unjust." No just punishment is opression.

Upvote 0

Laura

Aug 23, 2002
Visit site
✟8,200.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
SUNSTONE said:
That is your opinion. The gay lifestyle is practicing something that the body was never designed to do. That is why the disease rate is very high.
Plus the mental side of confussion that comes with it. They may satisfy the flesh, but deep down there is something strange and missing, very confussing.

You know...gay people aren't the only ones who practice "something that the body was never designed to do." Without getting graphic, straight couples perform those sexual acts too.

EVERYONE struggles with who they are! Gay people aren't the sole bearers of mental problems. I would like to see one piece of scientific evidence to back up your claim that they have more mental problems than straight people.

Upvote 0

Firscherscherling

Liberal Filthy Hairless Pig-Monkey
Apr 9, 2003
✟3,271.00
Faith
Atheist
asktherev said:
The law may have been bad but the cure is worse than the disease.

If you remove the moral basis for laws and make them based on 'whatever we feel is right' then you have just undermined the entire system.

If the governement has no compelling need to restrict the behavior of consenting adults due to 'privacy' the how can you restrict logically any behavior (incest, inappropriate behavior with animals, prostitution, drug use, etc) Aren't all of these things what some 'consenting adults' want to do in the privacy of their own homes too?

I think you are beginning to get it. That is exactly how I feel about it. As long as there is no victim, there should be no crime. Incest with minors is a crime. Incest between consenting adults is no one's business. Drug, alcohol, cigarette, caffeine use should not be criminal as long as there are no victims. If I want to shoot up in my living room that should be my business, not yours. When I shoot up and get behind the wheel of my car, then it becomes another issue. Beasitality involves the victimization of animals and is, therefore, a crime.

As I have said before, if you aren't ready for me to decide your behavior is immoral and should be illegal, then don't try to make mine illegal. Don't say that drugs should be illegal and then go down a beer.

And as to the whole 'its unnatural so it causes disease and should be illegal put forth by Sunstone and so many others, I say again, what about the unnatural sex acts you participate in? Let's take kissing. It is not a natural act, you can catch any number of diseases from it, so should it be illegal? How about oral sex? Yep, we'd better put a stop to that. Breasts are for feeding babies, so they should be used for nothing else. In fact, we should keep them covered at all times, especially during sex, Right Sun?

Upvote 0

Firscherscherling

Liberal Filthy Hairless Pig-Monkey
Apr 9, 2003
✟3,271.00
Faith
Atheist
SUNSTONE said:
Are you saying that I hate people who practice the gay lifestyle?

You give a pretty strong indication of it.

Or are you saying that I hate the gay lifestyle?

If I am born blond and you hate the 'blond lifestyle' then you hate me. If I am born with one leg and you hate the 'one-legged lifestyle' then you hate me. If you hate something over which someone has no control, and you seek to oppress them based upon your hate, then you are expressing hate both for the trait and for the person who has it.

Do you hate your wifes "hillbilly" family?

They have the family trump card. I love them unconditionally. They are my family now, too. But they CHOOSE to hate just like you do. If they weren't family, and if they showed me that they had no desire to do anything but continue their pattern of hatred, I am sorry to say that yes I would probably grow to hate them. Though I try not to hate anyone, I am only human and blatant disrespect for the life and liberty of others really ticks me off.

Or do you just hate there opinion?

I definitely hate and disrespect their opinion and I do my best to respectfully tell them so.

Upvote 0
SUNSTONE said:
If you want to argue illness because of male homosexual sex is unnatural, you can agrue hernia, though then only for the one... how do I say this on a pg-site... the 'reciever'... otherwise your going to have to present much more evidence for saying this.

Upvote 0

Mechanical Bliss

Secrecy and accountability cannot co-exist.
Nov 3, 2002
A^2
Visit site
✟21,365.00
Faith
Atheist
Politics
US-Democrat
SUNSTONE said:
What this is a generalized post if I ever saw one.

If the shoe fits...

Ok what about the constitution does it say anything about making laws, about this topic?

Amendment XIV, Section 1:

...No state shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any state deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

You want to restrict the liberty of homosexuals to have sex, and it does not deprive you of your liberty to allow homosexuals to have sex. You have no case. Furthermore, really your basis is religion which violates the first amendment because your religion would be endorsed if morality was legislated according to that religion.

I object your honor, the counsel is leading the witness. (second paragraph)

I don't care; this isn't a courtoom, and we all know what your real motive is: religion.

So you have read every peice of document regarding the mental health of the gay lifestyle? You know every opinion of every person who did studies on this lifestyle?

Yes, I have personally read the statements of every single medical and behavioral science institution in the country in regards to homosexuality including the fact that homosexuals are not mentally ill.

Furthermore, it is not a "lifestyle." Gay people live a variety of "lifestyles."

Upvote 0

Pete Harcoff

PeteAce - In memory of WinAce
Jun 30, 2002
✟9,874.00
Faith
Other Religion
SUNSTONE said:

No. STD rates are high because of sexual promiscuity and lack of "safe" sex.

Or, do you need to see those statistics regarding the AIDS epidemic in Africa again? (hint: it's not because of homosexuality)

Upvote 0
Firscherscherling said:
I think you are beginning to get it. That is exactly how I feel about it. As long as there is no victim, there should be no crime. Incest with minors is a crime. Incest between consenting adults is no one's business. Drug, alcohol, cigarette, caffeine use should not be criminal as long as there are no victims. If I want to shoot up in my living room that should be my business, not yours. When I shoot up and get behind the wheel of my car, then it becomes another issue. Beasitality involves the victimization of animals and is, therefore, a crime.

As I have said before, if you aren't ready for me to decide your behavior is immoral and should be illegal, then don't try to make mine illegal. Don't say that drugs should be illegal and then go down a beer.

And as to the whole 'its unnatural so it causes disease and should be illegal put forth by Sunstone and so many others, I say again, what about the unnatural sex acts you participate in? Let's take kissing. It is not a natural act, you can catch any number of diseases from it, so should it be illegal? How about oral sex? Yep, we'd better put a stop to that. Breasts are for feeding babies, so they should be used for nothing else. In fact, we should keep them covered at all times, especially during sex, Right Sun?

No, I don't think that I am getting it. You say that sex with minors is a crime. Yes today it is a crime. What is the moral basis for making incest a crime? inappropriate behavior with animals is a crime, today, but what is the moral bais for this to be a crime? Without some 'moral basis' aren't all laws then just a matter of someone deciding for someone else what is legal (as opposed to what is right and wrong).

I think that mabye you aren't getting it. In a civilized society who gets to decide what is right and what is wrong? The people? The government? The rulers? Who determines what is a crime and what is not a crime?

As you said, "if you aren't ready for me to decide your behavior is immoral and should be illegal, then don't try to make mine illegal. Don't say that drugs should be illegal and then go down a beer"

I don't drink beer but.....

I am not deciding what is immoral or illegal, and neither are you. Up until now this was decided based on what was thought to be morally right and or morally wrong. If we remove morality from the equation, how 'will' we decide these things?

This is why I believe that you need some moral basis or code as the foundation for laws. For example if human life is indeed sacred, then the wanton taking of a human life should be called a crime. If on the other hand a human life is no more valuable than any other form of life then why would it be a 'crime' to take it?

In a Democratic republic such as our these things should be decided by the majority thru their duly elected representatives. In a country that based many of its laws on Judeo-Christian principles we had agreed to allow what God said about these things to be the moral basis of our jurisprudence. Now that we want to remove God from the public (and eventually private) domain we are facing a crisis in the bankruptcy of our moral values.

It is not the job of the Supreme Court of this land to make new laws. I believe that they have done just that with this ruling. I believe they have made a grave error in this matter.

While we may have cured the 'disease' of archaic sodomy laws, we have in the process weakened and undermined the basis for all laws.

This is not an elightened positon we have taken, it is a foolish one.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

notto

Legend
May 31, 2002
Visit site
✟22,369.00
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
asktherev said:
In a Democratic republic such as our these things should be decided by the majority thru their duly elected representatives. In a country that based many of its laws on Judeo-Christian principles we had agreed to allow what God said about these things to be the moral basis of our jurisprudence. Now that we want to remove God from the public (and eventually private) domain we are facing a crisis in the bankruptcy of our moral values.

It is not the job of the Supreme Court of this land to make new laws. I believe that they have done just that with this ruling. I believe they have made a grave error in this matter.

Laws cannot be made in a democratic republic that are unconstitutional, no matter what the majority decide thru their duly elected representatives. That is why we have the constitution.

How does striking a law down because it was found unconstitutional equate to making a new law?

What constitutional argument can be made to forbid consenting homosexuals from being allowed to do things that consenting hetrosexuals can do? Forget your "slippery slope" arguments. What about this instance? What constitutional rights of others are violated if this activity is allowed? What harm is done to others if this activity is allowed? These are the questions the supreme court asked, and answered with their decision. There is no contitutional support for the law, and their is no harm done to others if two people are engaged in the activity the law addressed.

By your standards, we could make it illegal to wear green on mondays if it was a majority decision based on their religious beliefs. That would not be constitutional, would it? Slippery slopes work both ways. I have seen a lot of people here forget that if you do not defend the constitional rights of others even if you do not agree with them, there will be nobody to defend your rights when they are questioned.

Upvote 0

SUNSTONE

Christian Warrior
Sep 2, 2002
Cocoa Village
Visit site
✟18,200.00
Faith
Non-Denom
ocean said:
"Oppression is good"?! What? People should not be oppressed just because they are gay, and you can't compare homosexuality to murder. Murder is the taking of someone's life, it causes harm to an unconsenting person. Homosexuality does not harm anyone.

I was showing that there is good types of oppression, that almost everyone agrees on.

So you think that the gay life style is ok, because it doesn't hurt anyone. So if it did hurt someone, would you want it agianst the law?

Upvote 0

SUNSTONE

Christian Warrior
Sep 2, 2002
Cocoa Village
Visit site
✟18,200.00
Faith
Non-Denom
fragmentsofdreams said:
Lesbians have no special mental conditions associated with them. This is not an opinion; it is a fact. Your speculation about confusion and a need to satisfy the flesh is just that: speculation. Reality shows your speculation is wrong. There are plenty of lesbians who are not confused and do not struggle with who they are.

On what foundation is this, your opinion, based on?

Upvote 0

SUNSTONE

Christian Warrior
Sep 2, 2002
Cocoa Village
Visit site
✟18,200.00
Faith
Non-Denom
fragmentsofdreams said:
The definition of oppression you are using is overly broad. It is not found in any dictionary.

Opress: To keep down by severe and unjust use of force or authority.

The key word is "unjust." No just punishment is opression.

Ok then, use a different word. To oppress murder, wouldn't make since, so whatever word fits into that sentence to make it true, that is the word I want to use.

So to you, any law you don't agree with, is oppression.

So to you, any law that you agree on, is what?

Upvote 0

SUNSTONE

Christian Warrior
Sep 2, 2002
Cocoa Village
Visit site
✟18,200.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Laura said:
You know...gay people aren't the only ones who practice "something that the body was never designed to do." Without getting graphic, straight couples perform those sexual acts too.

EVERYONE struggles with who they are! Gay people aren't the sole bearers of mental problems. I would like to see one piece of scientific evidence to back up your claim that they have more mental problems than straight people.

The spirit of slap is jumping all over me right now.

Go and reread my posts, you will find the answer.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Laura

Aug 23, 2002
Visit site
✟8,200.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
SUNSTONE said:
The spirit of slap is jumping all over me right now.

Go and reread my posts, you will find the answer.

The spirit of slap, eh?

The only things I've seen you post are very, very biased. I don't see any legitimate information to back up your ridiculous claims.

Upvote 0

SUNSTONE

Christian Warrior
Sep 2, 2002
Cocoa Village
Visit site
✟18,200.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Firscherscherling said:

I think that ALL sex should be against the law, untill married.

What kind of disease could you catch from breasts of your wife?
The bible says to let her breasts satisfy you all the days of your life, and to not look on another women.
Samething with kissing. You might get a cold sore, might, or a mouth full of bad morning breath. But thats the dangers of kissing. :p j

Basicly your beliefs for the bases of laws, is the same as mine and alot of christians.
But you think its ok to take chances of catching life threatening diseases, with sex. Where as most Christians don't.

Upvote 0

SUNSTONE

Christian Warrior
Sep 2, 2002
Cocoa Village
Visit site
✟18,200.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Firscherscherling said:
You give a pretty strong indication of it.

Or are you saying that I hate the gay lifestyle?

If I am born blond and you hate the 'blond lifestyle' then you hate me. If I am born with one leg and you hate the 'one-legged lifestyle' then you hate me. If you hate something over which someone has no control, and you seek to oppress them based upon your hate, then you are expressing hate both for the trait and for the person who has it.

Do you hate your wifes "hillbilly" family?

They have the family trump card. I love them unconditionally. They are my family now, too. But they CHOOSE to hate just like you do. If they weren't family, and if they showed me that they had no desire to do anything but continue their pattern of hatred, I am sorry to say that yes I would probably grow to hate them. Though I try not to hate anyone, I am only human and blatant disrespect for the life and liberty of others really ticks me off.

Or do you just hate there opinion?

I definitely hate and disrespect their opinion and I do my best to respectfully tell them so.

It is fact that the gay lifestyle is a choosen one. People change there minds all the time. If it was a born, or genetic lifestyle, then they couldn't change from one lifestyle to the next.

So its not right to hate people, but then turn around and say, there are certian types of people that you do hate, based on there opinion.
I hate opinions, but not people. Based on the example that Jesus left.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.