Christian Warrior
Sep 2, 2002
Cocoa Village
Visit site
✟18,200.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Arnold_Philips said:
SUNSTONE, if you have learned anything, anything at all, from your participation in this thread (assuming you have read all the posts), I would very much like to know what it is. Also, if you are a visitor from the 19th century, I would like to borrow your time machine (hey, you never know).

Well if you "have read all the posts" you should know.

Upvote 0

SUNSTONE

Christian Warrior
Sep 2, 2002
Cocoa Village
Visit site
✟18,200.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Brimshack said:
I see, so if someone tries to convince you that they are right, that is an inappropriate use of force, but when you unleash the law on others over their sex lives, that's another matter.

Majority votes do not determine constitutional rights.

No you don't see, so I will show you.

I took her beliefs and swung them back into her face. She uses names out of fustration to argue.

The constitutional rights are for the people, to protect them from the government. So things like sodom hussan can't happen. This country belongs to the people. Laws are debated over, changed, and rechanged.

Upvote 0

fragmentsofdreams

Critical loyalist
Apr 18, 2002
CA
Visit site
✟28,828.00
Faith
Catholic
SUNSTONE said:
I believe that all sex outside of heterosexual marriages should be against the law.

That article I posted, was about gay men, but I don't know about gay women.
But I believe there are mental problems that associate with this lifestyle.

You believe incorrectly then.

Upvote 0

Firscherscherling

Liberal Filthy Hairless Pig-Monkey
Apr 9, 2003
✟3,271.00
Faith
Atheist
As amazing and surreal as this thread is, I want to point out one very important aspect. There is only one person here who is on the side of hatred and bigotry and so many, atheist, Christian or otherwise, are not just opposed but totally and completely offended by it. Thats a good thing.

3 things that made me feel better the past few weeks:
1. Sodomy law overturned.
2. Strom Turmond left us forever and is being remembered for the sorry bigoted SOB he was.
3. People started understanding why we anti-war folks might have been, and probably were, right.

And thank you Sunstone for prepping me mentally for the 4th-of-July weekend which I traditionally spend with my wife's hillbilly family listening to them rant about 'them blacks and homos' and how dragging an arab behind their truck with a chain would 'send an important and valuable message'.

Upvote 0

fragmentsofdreams

Critical loyalist
Apr 18, 2002
CA
Visit site
✟28,828.00
Faith
Catholic
SUNSTONE said:
I am not focused on this sin. I am just giving my opinion, and doing my part to help fight sin.
If you had noticed, I was battling sex in outside of marriage,as well as the gay lifestyle.
Its a hot topic right now, due to the Texas decision, even Focus on the Family did a show on the topic yesturday.

I believe it is a christians duty to give there opinion, and to take a stand.

It is interesting that Jesus didn't start a theocracy. He never once used the threat of the legal system to cause people to change. Instead, he simply walked up to them and talked to them.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

fragmentsofdreams

Critical loyalist
Apr 18, 2002
CA
Visit site
✟28,828.00
Faith
Catholic
Laura said:
If anyone is manipulating, it is you. You refuse to answer people's posts seriously, and instead bring up more arguments that make no sense.

Let me ask you...do you really think having sex, where nobody is harmed, and murder are comparable?

Do you even understand the Big Brother reference? It seems that you don't.

I think that The Handmaid's Tale is a better reference.

Upvote 0

fragmentsofdreams

Critical loyalist
Apr 18, 2002
CA
Visit site
✟28,828.00
Faith
Catholic
SUNSTONE said:
1. I never said I was making moral laws. The gay laws, and sex laws, are based on my belief that they are harmfull to society. Just like alot of laws are based upon. And I am not following you on "it already happens".
2.Well if we are equal in opinions, but we don't agree, then what makes me conceited? You are the conceited one who is trying to push me to believe like you. Now I don't look at you as being conceited, but since you believe people are conceited for trying to push there beliefs on others, then you are what you believe......conceited.
3. There is good oppression. I am not forcing anyone to do anything. By myself, I can't do much, but the majority have voting rights.

Now I would appreciate it, if you, a christian, would stop trying to use manipulative words, to try and persuade me into believing like you.

Oppression, by definition, is unjust and therefore never good.

Upvote 0

Mechanical Bliss

Secrecy and accountability cannot co-exist.
Nov 3, 2002
A^2
Visit site
✟21,365.00
Faith
Atheist
Politics
US-Democrat
SUNSTONE said:
I say no sex untill married for hetero. All other sex against the law.

And I say you have zero respect for the United States Constitution or the bases for American law.

My beliefs on the gay lifestyle run deeper than the disease rate.

In other words, for religious regions. What you want is "special rights" for your religious beliefs to be endorsed under the law by legislating morality according to that religion. Sorry, this is no theocracy.

I also believe it has mental problems with it.

False, according to every single medical and behavioral science institution in the country. I'd trust scientists long before I'd trust your deluded opinion.

Upvote 0

SUNSTONE

Christian Warrior
Sep 2, 2002
Cocoa Village
Visit site
✟18,200.00
Faith
Non-Denom
fragmentsofdreams said:
You believe incorrectly then.

That is your opinion. The gay lifestyle is practicing something that the body was never designed to do. That is why the disease rate is very high.
Plus the mental side of confussion that comes with it. They may satisfy the flesh, but deep down there is something strange and missing, very confussing.
They struggle with who they are.

Upvote 0

SUNSTONE

Christian Warrior
Sep 2, 2002
Cocoa Village
Visit site
✟18,200.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Firscherscherling said:
As amazing and surreal as this thread is, I want to point out one very important aspect. There is only one person here who is on the side of hatred and bigotry and so many, atheist, Christian or otherwise, are not just opposed but totally and completely offended by it. Thats a good thing.

3 things that made me feel better the past few weeks:
1. Sodomy law overturned.
2. Strom Turmond left us forever and is being remembered for the sorry bigoted SOB he was.
3. People started understanding why we anti-war folks might have been, and probably were, right.

And thank you Sunstone for prepping me mentally for the 4th-of-July weekend which I traditionally spend with my wife's hillbilly family listening to them rant about 'them blacks and homos' and how dragging an arab behind their truck with a chain would 'send an important and valuable message'.

Are you saying that I hate people who practice the gay lifestyle?
Or are you saying that I hate the gay lifestyle?

Do you hate your wifes "hillbilly" family?
Or do you just hate there opinion?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SUNSTONE

Christian Warrior
Sep 2, 2002
Cocoa Village
Visit site
✟18,200.00
Faith
Non-Denom
fragmentsofdreams said:
It is interesting that Jesus didn't start a theocracy. He never once used the threat of the legal system to cause people to change. Instead, he simply walked up to them and talked to them.

Yes he did walk up to people and talk to them.

But he also sat down and made a whip. Then He walked in and tore the place up, screaming how they had turned His Fathers house into a house of thieves. Now thats getting evolved.

Plus Jesus is the God. So you have to take the whole bible into account.
A time for peace, and a time for war.

It is better to rationalize than to fight. Thats why I feel that christians should stand up and voice there opinions.

Upvote 0

SUNSTONE

Christian Warrior
Sep 2, 2002
Cocoa Village
Visit site
✟18,200.00
Faith
Non-Denom
fragmentsofdreams said:
Oppression, by definition, is unjust and therefore never good.

There are laws, that oppress people from murdering. If you want to use a different definition, then I will use it as well.
But in this light, oppression is good, and you can agree with it, that murder should be oppressed.

You just don't believe that the gay lifestyle should be oppressed, where as I do.

Upvote 0

SUNSTONE

Christian Warrior
Sep 2, 2002
Cocoa Village
Visit site
✟18,200.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Mechanical Bliss said:
And I say you have zero respect for the United States Constitution or the bases for American law.

In other words, for religious regions. What you want is "special rights" for your religious beliefs to be endorsed under the law by legislating morality according to that religion. Sorry, this is no theocracy.

False, according to every single medical and behavioral science institution in the country. I'd trust scientists long before I'd trust your deluded opinion.

What this is a generalized post if I ever saw one.

Ok what about the constitution does it say anything about making laws, about this topic?

I object your honor, the counsel is leading the witness. (second paragraph)

So you have read every peice of document regarding the mental health of the gay lifestyle? You know every opinion of every person who did studies on this lifestyle?

Upvote 0
Morat said:
More importantly, it was a law that was rarely enforced. But the existance of the law was used to discriminate.

It was a bad law, and Bowers was an awful decision. It's gone, and the majority opinion was written extremely broadly. (Which is why Scalia was so upset).

The practical upshot of this is simple: When it comes to your sex life, the government can only regulate if they have compelling need. More or less, as Scalia says, it removes moral distate from the list of reasons the government can interfere with your sex life.

In other words, you can't regulate people's sex lives because you don't like it. You have to have a better reason.

The law may have been bad but the cure is worse than the disease.

If you remove the moral basis for laws and make them based on 'whatever we feel is right' then you have just undermined the entire system.

If the governement has no compelling need to restrict the behavior of consenting adults due to 'privacy' the how can you restrict logically any behavior (incest, beastiality, prostitution, drug use, etc) Aren't all of these things what some 'consenting adults' want to do in the privacy of their own homes too?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.