On and on
Sep 3, 2008
Around about
✟66,235.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Got a question that if right should lead to a conclusion.

Tabernacle of Moses. Glory filled it. Right?

Temple of Solomon. Glory filled it. Right?

Temple of Ezra/Zechariah. Glory did not fill it. Right?

Temple of E/Z continued to be built into the Temple (second Temple, right?) when Jesus walked the earth. Right?

Or was the second Temple a "fourth" Temple?

Comments? Thought?

PS, I can expand what I'm talking about, if necessary (IOW, folks already know about the glory and the temple idea, right?)

Ex. 40:34 Then a cloud covered the tent of the congregation (tabernacle of Moses), and the glory of the LORD filled the tabernacle.

1 Kings 8:11 So that the priests could not stand to minister because of the cloud: for the glory of the LORD had filled the house of the LORD.

And the third temple?

Last edited:

Standing Up

On and on
Sep 3, 2008
Around about
✟66,235.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Because the Ezekial temple has future prophesies and ceremonies it should be viewed as future. I'm not sure what is meant by 4th and 3rd temple.

I'm assuming a "valid" temple is one in which God dwells. His presence manifested in Mose's tabernacle and in Solomon's. But not in Ezra/Zech. Right?

1 is Moses.
2 is Solomon.

What's the third? Not Ezra/Zech. Right?

Is the second Temple when Jesus walked the same as the one of Ezra/Zech?

Ezekiel's was a future prophecy. Right?

Upvote 0

Standing Up

On and on
Sep 3, 2008
Around about
✟66,235.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I always viewed Ezekiel as referring to the heavenly Temple, the heavenly Jerusalem in a eschatological sense, that of the new Israel, those adopted through faith by promise.

Perhaps. Let's see if that's the case. How would we know?

Upvote 0

Standing Up

On and on
Sep 3, 2008
Around about
✟66,235.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I've done a bit of research.

Sure enough the temple of Ezra/Zech did evolve into the Second Temple existing when Christ walked the earth. It became known as Herod's Temple. It was destryoed in 70ad by the Romans.

Second Temple - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Any other thoughts? Comments?

Upvote 0

Standing Up

On and on
Sep 3, 2008
Around about
✟66,235.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Glad you got that figgered out.

:wave:

And so what may it mean for a Christian?

First temple:

Ex. 40:34 Then a cloud covered the tent of the congregation (tabernacle of Moses), and the glory of the LORD filled the tabernacle.

Second temple:

1 Kings 8:11 So that the priests could not stand to minister because of the cloud: for the glory of the LORD had filled the house of the LORD.

Ezra/etc, Third temple without the glory that came to be called Herod's Temple.

Prophesied, but what? Will it be built or was it built already in Christ?

Jhn. 2:21 But he spake of the temple of his body.
1 Cor. 6:19 What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost [which is] in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

pilgrimage

going home
Mar 22, 2006
✟7,686.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
:wave:

And so what may it mean for a Christian?

First temple:

Second temple:

Ezra/etc, Third temple without the glory that came to be called Herod's Temple.

Prophesied, but what? Will it be built or was it built already in Christ?
Harod's temple wasn't the same as the Exekial temple. The comparison's are no where equal. Harod had no pattern, in fact Solomon's temple wasn't the same as the pattern for the tabernacle either. It was partly pagan design.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Standing Up

On and on
Sep 3, 2008
Around about
✟66,235.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The Ezekial temple also included new land alotments that the old didn't have etc etc etc. Not the same.

Not sure how the Ezekial temple fits in.

What I was trying to pursue was how/whether the tabernacle of Moses and the temple of Solomon and the second temple (Ezra/Herod) fit together.

Since the glory filled the first two, but not the third, what does that mean? We know Jesus spoke of the body of the temple. IOW, it looks to me that Zecharia, Haggai, etc prophesied about a third temple that seems to have been fulfilled by Jesus Christ, not be Herod.

I looked at this stuff after all the recent Christmas threads. It's clear to me that the 12/25 birthdate is of pagan origin out of Alexandria and Rome (mithraism, sol invictus, saturnalia, etc). What was the Jewish perspective, if any, given the third temple prophecy? It appears they know Herod's temple was not filled with the glory. But, we know Jesus Christ, God incarnate, was. Is there a relationship then between the prophecies and Jesus Christ?

It turns out that 12/25 or so would have been the conception date with a birth at Tabernacles (in the fall). Here's a couple of scriptures.

Hag. 2:18 Consider now from this day and upward, from the four and twentieth day of the ninth [month, even] from the day that the foundation of the LORD'S temple was laid, consider [it].

(ninth month was December time)

1 Cor. 3:11 For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ.

Zech. 14:16 And it shall come to pass, [that] every one that is left of all the nations which came against Jerusalem shall even go up from year to year to worship the King, the LORD of hosts, and to keep the feast of tabernacles.

Lk. 2:10 And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people.

Granted it needs some work, but that's the idea.

Thoughts? Comments? Anyone.

Upvote 0

Yahu

Jezebel's bain
May 14, 2012
✟3,900.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Not sure how the Ezekial temple fits in.
Thoughts? Comments? Anyone.

A book my mom is working on covers the Eze temple. The portion on the temple will be posted on her website in a few months. I have been working on a 3d model for it.

Here is an image of the finished model.

969658_4252118756293_819019093_n.jpg

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Habakk

Prayer Team †
Jun 10, 2011
Teesside
✟36,450.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
First there was the Tabernacle of Moses.

Then what is known as the Tabernacle of David.

Solomon’s Temple was the first Temple. Destroyed in 586 BC.

The second Temple was rebuilt after the captivity. After Judea was taken by Alexander the Great and the temple later looted, desecrated and services stopped. Herod later rebuilt and extended the Temple.

There is still much dispute over whether there will be a third Temple.

Upvote 0

Fireinfolding

Dec 17, 2006
The South
✟121,561.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The speech between these always reminds me of one speaking to another. Like one asking a question and the other answering it

Hag 2:3 Who is left among you that saw this house in her first glory? and how do ye see it now? is it not in your eyes in comparison of it as nothing?

2Cr 3:10 For even that which was made glorious had no glory in this respect, by reason of the glory that excelleth.

2Cr 3:10 For if that which is done away was glorious, much more that which remaineth is glorious.

Speaks of us as His house and the glory to be revealed in us also.

Upvote 0

InSpiritInTruth

May 15, 2011
State of Grace
✟11,335.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The speech between these always reminds me of one speaking to another. Like one asking a question and the other answering it

Hag 2:3 Who is left among you that saw this house in her first glory? and how do ye see it now? is it not in your eyes in comparison of it as nothing?

2Cr 3:10 For even that which was made glorious had no glory in this respect, by reason of the glory that excelleth.

2Cr 3:10 For if that which is done away was glorious, much more that which remaineth is glorious.

Speaks of us as His house and the glory to be revealed in us also.

Yes the Lords house is not built by man, but the earthly patterns of the first tabernacle and temple were just examples and shadows of the true heavenly.

Ezekiels temple is very symbolic and prophetic, which is also why I believe the Lord told the people to measure the pattern, and keep the whole form.

Ezekiel 43:10-12

King James Version (KJV)

10 Thou son of man, shew the house to the house of Israel, that they may be ashamed of their iniquities: and let them measure the pattern.
11 And if they be ashamed of all that they have done, shew them the form of the house, and the fashion thereof, and the goings out thereof, and the comings in thereof, and all the forms thereof, and all the ordinances thereof, and all the forms thereof, and all the laws thereof: and write it in their sight, that they may keep the whole form thereof, and all the ordinances thereof, and do them.
12 This is the law of the house; Upon the top of the mountain the whole limit thereof round about shall be most holy. Behold, this is the law of the house.

To me it speaks of spiritual things, when it speaks of the law of the house.

Reactions: Fireinfolding
Upvote 0

Fireinfolding

Dec 17, 2006
The South
✟121,561.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes the Lords house is not built by man, but the earthly patterns of the first tabernacle and temple were just examples and shadows of the true heavenly.

Ezekiels temple is very symbolic and prophetic, which is also why I believe the Lord told the people to measure the pattern, and keep the whole form.

Ezekiel 43:10-12

King James Version (KJV)

10 Thou son of man, shew the house to the house of Israel, that they may be ashamed of their iniquities: and let them measure the pattern.
11 And if they be ashamed of all that they have done, shew them the form of the house, and the fashion thereof, and the goings out thereof, and the comings in thereof, and all the forms thereof, and all the ordinances thereof, and all the forms thereof, and all the laws thereof: and write it in their sight, that they may keep the whole form thereof, and all the ordinances thereof, and do them.
12 This is the law of the house; Upon the top of the mountain the whole limit thereof round about shall be most holy. Behold, this is the law of the house.

To me it speaks of spiritual things, when it speaks of the law of the house.

:clap: Comparing spirtual things with spiritual:thumbsup:

Shows peace also of the latter house

Hag 2:9 The glory of this latter house shall be greater than of the former, saith the LORD of hosts: and in this place will I give peace, saith the LORD of hosts.

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.

Him being our peace. Righteousness, joy and peace by the Holy Ghost.

Well, you can at least see how it goes from glory unto glory (the glory that excelleth) and remaining surpasses what was made glorious. Even in this.

Upvote 0

InSpiritInTruth

May 15, 2011
State of Grace
✟11,335.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
:clap: Comparing spirtual things with spiritual:thumbsup:

Shows peace also of the latter house

Hag 2:9 The glory of this latter house shall be greater than of the former, saith the LORD of hosts: and in this place will I give peace, saith the LORD of hosts.

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.

Him being our peace. Righteousness, joy and peace by the Holy Ghost.

Well, you can at least see how it goes from glory unto glory (the glory that excelleth) and remaining surpasses what was made glorious. Even in this.

:thumbsup:

Revelation 3:12
Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name.

Reactions: Fireinfolding
Upvote 0