Ted Cruz comments

Aug 29, 2005
✟183,770.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
https://www.texastribune.org/2015/05/19/cruz-visits-beaumont-defends-gay-marriage-oppositi/

"Is there something about the left — and I am going to put the media in this category — that is obsessed with sex?” Cruz asked after fielding multiple questions on gay rights. “ISIS is executing homosexuals — you want to talk about gay rights? This week was a very bad week for gay rights because the expansion of ISIS, the expansion of radical, theocratic, Islamic zealots that crucify Christians, that behead children and that murder homosexuals — that ought to be concerning you far more than asking six questions all on the same topic.”

Ted Cruz doesn't understand this issue, nor does he understand America. The gay rights issue in America deals with the gay issue in America, not in the middle east or anywhere else. The man is stupid. We are concerned with ISIS violating human rights, and that includes killing gays.

He is also ignorant on the issue because ISIS is crucifying fellow Muslims as well as Christians.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2014/10/07/isis-s-gruesome-muslim-death-toll.html

He tosses out red herring after red herring, when it is he who we should be concerned about. We should be concerned a man like this has a position of power in our government.

Reactions: ArmenianJohn

NightHawkeye

Work-in-progress
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟803,537.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
https://www.texastribune.org/2015/05/19/cruz-visits-beaumont-defends-gay-marriage-oppositi/

"Is there something about the left — and I am going to put the media in this category — that is obsessed with sex?” Cruz asked after fielding multiple questions on gay rights.“ISIS is executing homosexuals — you want to talk about gay rights? This week was a very bad week for gay rights because the expansion of ISIS, the expansion of radical, theocratic, Islamic zealots that crucify Christians, that behead children and that murder homosexuals — that ought to be concerning you far more than asking six questions all on the same topic.”
Ted Cruz raises good points.
thumbsup.gif

Upvote 0

NightHawkeye

Work-in-progress
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟803,537.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Ted Cruz is wrong about the obsession on sex. It is the right, and Ted Cruz who are obsessed with sex.
Mediaite surmises that it was reporters who were obsessed with sex ... Cruz Is Tired of Gay Rights Questions: Don’t ‘Draw Your Questions from MSNBC’ | Mediaite

Following a meeting in Beaumont, TX Senator and 2016 GOP candidate Ted Cruz (R-TX) took questions from reporters that were a tad too focused on issues he didn’t want to talk about, as opposed to issues he did, and he let the press gaggle know about it.

Upvote 0

Paulos23

Never tell me the odds!
Mar 23, 2005
Washington State
✟311,776.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Mediaite surmises that it was reporters who were obsessed with sex ... Cruz Is Tired of Gay Rights Questions: Don’t ‘Draw Your Questions from MSNBC’ | Mediaite

Following a meeting in Beaumont, TX Senator and 2016 GOP candidate Ted Cruz (R-TX) took questions from reporters that were a tad too focused on issues he didn’t want to talk about, as opposed to issues he did, and he let the press gaggle know about it.

If he doesn't want to talk about the issues that a majority of the voters care about (either for or against) then he is not going to last long. He should just give a short answer and be done with it. If he thinks there is a more critical issue he should focus on that, not what is happening with the issue outside the US.

Reactions: JustOneWay
Upvote 0

NightHawkeye

Work-in-progress
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟803,537.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
If he doesn't want to talk about the issues that a majority of the voters care about (either for or against) then he is not going to last long. He should just give a short answer and be done with it. If he thinks there is a more critical issue he should focus on that, not what is happening with the issue outside the US.
As Ted Cruz succinctly put it ...

“With respect, I would suggest not drawing your questions from MSNBC,” Cruz said.
What interests MSNBC seems to be of interest to only a few.

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
As Ted Cruz succinctly put it ...

“With respect, I would suggest not drawing your questions from MSNBC,” Cruz said.
What interests MSNBC seems to be of interest to only a few.
He wants his questions from the Tea Party Softball Team

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
He wants questions relevant to his potential voters.
smiley_wink.gif
Same thing. Nobody outside the Tea Party Softball League considers him a viable candidate.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

NightHawkeye

Work-in-progress
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟803,537.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Same thing. Nobody outside the Tea Party Softball League considers him a viable candidate.
LOL ... Nobody in the mainstream media wants him as a candidate.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ted_Cruz

While at Princeton, he competed for the American Whig-Cliosophic Society's Debate Panel and won the top speaker award at both the 1992 U.S. National Debating Championship and the 1992 North American Debating Championship. In 1992, he was named U.S. National Speaker of the Year, as well as Team of the Year, with his debate partner ...

Reactions: rrguy
Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟12,539.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

While at Princeton, he competed for the American Whig-Cliosophic Society's Debate Panel and won the top speaker award at both the 1992 U.S. National Debating Championship and the 1992 North American Debating Championship. In 1992, he was named U.S. National Speaker of the Year, as well as Team of the Year, with his debate partner ...
So he has the capacity, just not the desire to address the questions.

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟12,539.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Noting that Ted Cruz addressed what he seemed to believe were important points related to the question.
thumbsup.gif
Yeah, addressing the question by refusing to address the actual question isn't really addressing the question so much as the questioners.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Aug 29, 2005
✟183,770.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
Just because another country treats homosexuals bad. Why would it be okay for United states to treat homosexuals bad here? I'm not seeing his point.

That is precisely what I thought. It was like he was saying people here should be happy that they aren't being killed for being gay. Obviously he does not understand we are America, not the middle east.

I can't wait for the debates....:)

Upvote 0

NightHawkeye

Work-in-progress
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟803,537.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
That is precisely what I thought. It was like he was saying people here should be happy that they aren't being killed for being gay. Obviously he does not understand we are America, not the middle east.

I can't wait for the debates....:)
I would say he was more questioning why the news media wasn't condemning the staunchly entrenched positions of Islamists worldwide ... on the "important" news issues of the day.

Reactions: rrguy
Upvote 0

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟908,630.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
I would say he was more questioning why the news media wasn't condemning the staunchly entrenched positions of Islamists worldwide ... on the "important" news issues of the day.

Because he is not running for election in the middle east? Just a thought.

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Answering media questions and debating are different. He learned from a certain former governor and failed VP candidate the tactic of simply refusing to answer a question.

Upvote 0