✟15,183.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Hey guys!

I just started teaching last week, and I have two students, a 40-year-old and an 8-year-old. =P I'm having to completely rethink my strategy for teaching for this young girl, her hands are so small and cannot form the complete chords yet. She has a smaller guitar, so that's not a problem.

I read the idea in the other forum about teaching chords that are just three or four strings and I like that. Can anyone give me some pointers on how to teach her chords that would be suitable for her size?

I just realized I could teach her the chords that go along with the upside-down Kyser capo. Is anyone else familiar with those chords too?

Thanks for any help you can give!!!
:wave:

Frambo

Jun 27, 2007
NewZealand
✟7,678.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hey there,
I have a few students and for the young kids I use 'Alfred's Kid's Guitar Course' 1 and 2 as a guide. It uses 3 and 4 string partial chords that are easier for small hands. Also, have a look at the resources from Jean Welles. KidsWorshipGuitar.com
God bless :)

Upvote 0

SwiftShadowFox00

swift shadow fox
Jul 23, 2009
Pasadena - California
✟15,144.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
well, the girl may not be in the complete physical form that would be the greatest to play (where as, she may be small) ,but if she sticks with it, anybody can overcome these minor obstacles. it may not be convenient now but i can assure you that if you dont give up on her, she might be (who knows?) the next star.

i hope you can find the proper way to get to this girl, God Bless my brother

Upvote 0